PDA

View Full Version : New Logo Xxtreme videos

BTB
10-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Here are some new logo xxtreme vids, the play by play from pinion in the last vid was funny as hell. Pinion you rock dude! :thumbup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKfUbGYA8ts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n3syiBpi8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldOhNv0xiVk

Silver-techie
10-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Pretty freakin AWESOME flying.

The first video... I was actually loosing orientation when he was doing hurricanes. :face

I suppose it's the camera, and no canopy on it.

But.. I don't think I'll ever be near as good as dat. I might... however, could be the greatest crash pilot. :peace

Edit:

Unless... that title was already taken. :oops:

Down Low
10-19-2011, 10:28 AM
That thing is scarry! ...in a good way!

Kyle's precision and smoothness always inspire me. Just plain impressive.

I suddenly feel like repairing my 3D+ that I crashed about a month ago and have had the parts to fix for about two weeks. :peace

Off to build! ...

cudaboy_71
10-19-2011, 11:08 AM
love the organic helipad in video #1. makes me wish we had water at our club field....ours looks very similar for most of the summer/fall.

Ken Here
10-19-2011, 11:08 AM
wow 3'd vid Blade scrape with Kyle Rocks!

dahld
10-19-2011, 11:46 AM
:) I'm trying to get Kyle to make a vid of the XXtreme being flown more "normal", meaning at more "normal" head speeds for the size of the heli (like at 1600, instead of 1850 or 2000), to show how the machine behaves (and the much longer flight times), for all the less than "super 3D" types out there who might be considering the machine...you know, for the "average" guy like me :roll:

I'll see if I can twist his arm :thumbup:

(-: Dave

redbird300
10-19-2011, 12:03 PM
:) I'm trying to get Kyle to make a vid of the XXtreme being flown more "normal", meaning at more "normal" head speeds for the size of the heli (like at 1600, instead of 1850 or 2000), to show how the machine behaves (and the much longer flight times), for all the less than "super 3D" types out there who might be considering the machine...you know, for the "average" guy like me :roll:

Don't do it, it will be hard flying for him with a twisted arm ... just break a leg or so. :lol:
Serious now, would be great to watch such a vid !

BTB
10-19-2011, 12:50 PM

Get to twisting Dave, we would love to see Kyle doing some low head speed flying with the xxtreme or 600se.. :YeaBaby:

garfieldhummer
10-19-2011, 11:58 PM
I saw this on youtube days before, I have to say, Kyle u are really a bad guy, can u put this machine to its limitation just at one time? And I have to try harder to make money for this weapon.

Wow, no idea how crazier this nig bird could be. 2000rpm on 800mm? haha

jhheli
10-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Is there a reason he switched to Futaba.

Inverse
10-20-2011, 08:43 AM

There seems to be a growing amount who are experimenting with lower head speeds, it would be interesting to see how it flies.

Silver-techie
10-20-2011, 08:50 AM
There seems to be a growing amount who are experimenting with lower head speeds, it would be interesting to see how it flies.

So... question.

Would that involve changing the pinion to a lower tooth gear, or change the throttle cure to a flat low percent?

I would have to guess the pinion for best efficiency.

Just wanna verify since I'm still noobin around. :lol:

dahld
10-20-2011, 02:24 PM
@ jhheli,

I hate to even make comment, as the "vs." deal between JR and Futaba is pretty rank (Kyle is sponsored by neither). And, we have no proof...just speculation :arggg:.

But twice this season Kyle experienced a crash with his XXtremes. And after trying real hard to pin the causes down, the only thing in the end left open to question was the radios.

So Kyle decide on his own to put his XXtremes on Futaba. All our other machines (both his and mine) are still on JR.

To temper the Futaba crowd from jumping on all this, I must say that we've had almost 100% reliability and performance from our JR radios (we have four of them), and the airborne systems on about 8 helis over the years, and thousands of flights.

So...??? I wish I knew for sure.

@ Silver-techie,

Kyle and I have already (during the prototyping phase of the XXtreme), played with some low head speed set-ups. Although Kyle competed with the machine at the major events this season using head speeds in the 1750-1850 range, and played with crazy "demo type flying" head speeds of 2000 (see the first vid above), "lower head speeds" with the XXtreme means 1400-1600 (although it putts around just fine @ 1200...but doesn't 3D too well that low).

I've got a machine set-up and flying now with 813mm mains, @ 1300, 1400, and 1600 head speeds. Kyle can fly 3D with that machine for at least 8 minutes, and I can do "sport" type flying (forward flight aerobatics, circuits and orientation training), for 11 minutes, and in neither case, exceed 80% of the pack (14S 5100mah).

To achieve the lower head speeds, all we do is lower the throttle setting. Same motor and same pinion. A different pinion would of course be technically the best, but an 18 tooth is the smallest we have. And, it works just fine as is (-:

I'm going to pin Kyle down this weekend to make a vid of him flying the "Sport XXtreme" (as I call it).

Laurens
10-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Maybe one of the radio's is just worn?

OverTemp
10-22-2011, 08:01 AM
@ jhheli,

To temper the Futaba crowd from jumping on all this, I must say that we've had almost 100% reliability and performance from our JR radios (we have four of them), and the airborne systems on about 8 helis over the years, and thousands of flights.

So...??? I wish I knew for sure.

I know this is off topic, taking that risk, but I'll comment on this rank subject.

One of those cases where almost 100% isn't good enough. Dangerous stuff we are playing with.

Kyle just made me switch. Kidding;)

I switched early this year after watching multiple unexplained crashes at SEFF, and after learning how the Spektrum data stream worked in light of the problems with the hi res vBar setting. Had a hack smell to it.

Also, to be honest, the fact that they told us for years that there was nothing wrong and had all those mass flying demos to prove it, then came out with the "fix", and charged $75 plus shipping for a firmware flash... Come on. Come on again... Jets were going down, even Quique lost a plane at an event. Horizon PA suddenly turned into a bunch of physicists trying to explain it away, selling even more junk to patch up your system, but I never bought their excuses. The pots don't even really center. If you go through setup with a JR and a 8FG, the vBar RX setup menu will show you the difference in attention to detail immediately.

It was cheaper in the end to sell the X9503 and get an 8FG and RXs than to buy all new satellites and flash the JR radio.

OnTheSnap
10-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Politics aside, DSMX is a massive improvement in terms of robustness of the RF link. I converted my entire fleet the moment Mikado added DSMX support to vBar. Indeed we all play with dangerous toys, and maintaining control is critical to our safety.

Dave, for your own personal stuff, consider the DSMX upgrade. It really is a robust design and a huge step forward in reliability. In the end I was able to sell off my dsm2 sats for $20 each, making the upgrade cost per Heli $30 for 2 new sats. A worthy investment.

BTB
10-22-2011, 11:23 AM
I know this is off topic, taking that risk, but I'll comment on this rank subject.

One of those cases where almost 100% isn't good enough. Dangerous stuff we are playing with.

Kyle just made me switch. Kidding;)

I switched early this year after watching multiple unexplained crashes at SEFF, and after learning how the Spektrum data stream worked in light of the problems with the hi res vBar setting. Had a hack smell to it.

Also, to be honest, the fact that they told us for years that there was nothing wrong and had all those mass flying demos to prove it, then came out with the "fix", and charged $75 plus shipping for a firmware flash... Come on. Come on again... Jets were going down, even Quique lost a plane at an event. Horizon PA suddenly turned into a bunch of physicists trying to explain it away, selling even more junk to patch up your system, but I never bought their excuses. The pots don't even really center. If you go through setup with a JR and a 8FG, the vBar RX setup menu will show you the difference in attention to detail immediately.

It was cheaper in the end to sell the X9503 and get an 8FG and RXs than to buy all new satellites and flash the JR radio.

+1 that's why I have sold off all of my spektrum stuff except for my dx7, that will be sold later in the year after I purchase a 8fg super. I also felt it would be cheaper to switch out instead of doing the dsmx upgrade. Why should I have to pay to fix a problem that they said never existed, + I don't like the look or feel of the dx8 so my only option is to jump ship.. I have had two crashes my first year due to a bad encoder board, and a few strange crash that Im 95% sure it was my radios fault this year. I won't risk a signal loss or lock out when I'm spending all this money to build my 600se.

jhheli
10-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Something told me not to ask that question:face

BTB
10-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Something told me not to ask that question:face

You opened up a big ass can of worms with that question..:rotf

jhheli
10-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Your right, I should start posting a bunch of YouTube videos with my favorite music like on other threads and then no one will remember what we talked about in the first place , you no the threads where someone post a song in response to someone else's music video and the title of the thread is about paying attention when you fly.

BTB
10-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Your right, I should start posting a bunch of YouTube videos with my favorite music like on other threads and then no one will remember what we talked about in the first place , you no the threads where someone post a song in response to someone else's music video and the title of the thread is about paying attention when you fly.

Just the thought of that makes me want to get the thread back on track lol.. I think I just found a good way of doing that. I was just poking around on youtube and I found a vid of sebastiano Gabutti flying the xxtreme at AHSD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvkUMl4s-vY