PDA

View Full Version : ar7100 and beastx servo voltage

Jonnyrl1
10-21-2011, 08:05 AM
I'm running the ar7100 and beastx on my 700n. I'm running a 8900g tail servo which is only rated at 4.8v. Before I put the beast x on I was just running the tail on the 5.2 output on the 7100r. My question is does the bx put out the 5.2v if that's what I have inputing from the reciever on my tail servo only. Or is it putting out 6.6v (life pack) across the board?

haha
10-21-2011, 09:24 PM
the rudder channel on ar7100 is regulated meaning what ever voltage you put into the recever, it will always carry 5.2 volt.

i couldnt really make out wat you were asking. hope it helps

Bob O
10-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Jonny,

The MB will output whatever voltage is being input. There is no regulator for the rudder channel coming out of the MB. But you can still run the tail servo from the receiver's regulated side. That's exactly what I do. The only connection that you need to the MB is the tail servo's signal wire. To sum it up, I have the tail servo's white wire (only) plugged into the MB, and the tail servo's red and black wires plugged into the regulated side of the receiver.

Obviously you have to remove the white wire from the servo lead connector, and place it into it's own connector. What I did was used a spare servo extension and clipped all three wires right up close to the connector. Then just remove the clipped white wire and insert the white wire from your tail servo. This way when you plug it into the MB, there will be three metal deals holding onto the pins instead of just the white one.

Also, don't forget to use a bead or strip of Shoe Goo or other sealant across the row of servo connectors going into the MB so they don't pull out.

Hope this helps.

Bob O
10-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Here's a pic from the 600N I had.

http://www.helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=216856&d=1300909066

You can see how I split the rudder servo's signal lead from the connector and plugged it into the MB all by itself. Again, the power and ground leads are plugged into the receiver's regulated side. Check THIS (http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=2835241&postcount=4) post for a diagram of the tail servo wiring.

Jonnyrl1
10-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Perfect, Thanks!!!:thumbup: