PDA

View Full Version : E7 Canopy why oh why with custon canopy pics

Pages : 1 [2] 3

MarkH
11-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Nice job, gashead. Did you do it yourself?

gashead
11-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Nice job, gashead. Did you do it yourself?

No, i do not do the spraying myself, i use a guy called Phil Buckley and his company called Airbrushfx ( http://www.pastelportraits4u.co.uk/ ) he completely striped the canopy and then resprayed it, it took exactly 5 wrking days and cost me 60 uk pounds delivered.

ClubCRASH
11-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Very nice canopy gashead.

4cyclic
11-06-2011, 09:52 AM
very very nice !

ghostrider414
11-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Really love the colors very very nice

Chris Sexton
11-06-2011, 01:04 PM
I am trying to learn to use the disk for orientation, but too think the canopy could be brighter.

Love the custom look. I hope this heli continues to grow in popularity and one or more of the custom canopy vendors pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoupZ
11-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi Mr Botos, will thr be wraparound canopies in the future?(something like the logo's or the TDR's) I tink it will look or maybe even feel more aerodynamic imho :YeaBaby: Pls correct me if i'm wrong :noteworthy

Oh & u have a 3D sch?!?! Wish i could attend though haha! :thumbup: Issit like a physical sch whr students go to u for lessons or do u have like an online sch/videos?

oh yea & one more qtn, for the E6/E7, wads the diameter of the tail boom? Issit the same as the logo 600 or smaller? Thks in advance!

gashead
11-09-2011, 01:46 PM
And here it is with the canopy fitted.

hndaluvr
11-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Hey guys,
I've noticed in pics that there doesn't appear to be any "break away" tabs for the canopy mount posts. Do they tread into the upper bearing blocks... and to a cross brace up front?
If so.... in a crash, is there the prospect that the bearing blocks/cross braces may need to be replaced due to the threaded parts snapping off in the holes.
Wouldn't a break away system be worthy of consideration?

vanillagorilla
11-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Being a graphic designer for the better part of a decade, I can't help but be swayed/influenced a little by not only the paint/graphics on canopies, but also the overall form/shape. I wouldn't say I buy I heli for the canopy design but it is honestly a consideration. I have to say I really like the e7 canopy design and shape. It has, IMO, a hint of retro, a hint of modern, a unique shape, its clean, professional, and gets down to business.

I've never seen one in person and I'm glad to hear it has a pearl to it...those subtle things make a big difference to me. Many popular canopies today remind me of the toy/bmx bike isle at Academy or walmart. Thats cool though if its your thing. Bright colors help but like other have said...the canopy shouldn't be a huge factor in keeping your orientation.

heli21
11-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Flying with pure black blades makes your chances of always seeing the disk much less, but unlike a bunch of the posts above, I find that the color scheme has a very simple and clean look to it but most of all it is easy to orientate.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6227/6346562944_87cfe34cd4.jpg

Rob43
11-22-2011, 06:44 PM
I really like the pearl color, and the canopy form is very pleasing, IMO. I'm getting jazzed for making smoke from a nitro while I charge packs!!

stevehof
11-22-2011, 07:30 PM
I really like the pearl color, and the canopy form is very pleasing, IMO. I'm getting jazzed for making smoke from a nitro while I charge packs!!Where's the nitro ship (for the smoke) in your sig???

Rob43
11-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Sorry I sounded fragmented...but, that was my point...I :quotesneed one! I've been researching my next project, and after flying all electric last season (and it was by far, my best season yet), I must add nitro back to the mix. This time, however, it will be FBL.

ClubCRASH
11-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Go Synergy N5c.

SoupZ
11-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Hi Mr Botos, will thr be wraparound canopies in the future?(something like the logo's or the TDR's) I tink it will look or maybe even feel more aerodynamic imho :YeaBaby: Pls correct me if i'm wrong :noteworthy

Oh & u have a 3D sch?!?! Wish i could attend though haha! :thumbup: Issit like a physical sch whr students go to u for lessons or do u have like an online sch/videos?

oh yea & one more qtn, for the E6/E7, wads the diameter of the tail boom? Issit the same as the logo 600 or smaller? Thks in advance!

Hi or maybe anyone who's clear abt any of the above can kindly ans my queries?:lol: Will appreciate tat! Thks in advance! :thumbup:

ClubCRASH
11-25-2011, 09:43 AM
You guys are still asking for different canopy...go to the beginning of this thread and read it all, it seems to me that most people like the color and design of this canipy, I would not want a Logo canopy on my Synergy, Logo canopies look great on Logos but it's not the look I want my E6/E7 to have.

stevehof
11-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Yes, Matt says he'll have a couple of alternative canopies available soon. That's very cool. I wonder if he would have got that project rolling so quickly if nobody had voiced a negative opinion of the existing canopy?

Something to consider for you Synergy team members before you post....It's OK for some of us end users to NOT like something or other about this ship. The E6/7 is a very nice heli. Is it flawless?...Well, too soon to tell for sure. In the mean time, if you team guys can help us solve a problem or two...MUCH appreciated....:thumbup:

4cyclic
11-25-2011, 07:02 PM
I thing the alternatives will be different color schemes, not the shape.

MarkH
11-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Yes, Matt says he'll have a couple of alternative canopies available soon. That's very cool. I wonder if he would have got that project rolling so quickly if nobody had voiced a negative opinion of the existing canopy?

Something to consider for you Synergy team members before you post....It's OK for some of us end users to NOT like something or other about this ship. The E6/7 is a very nice heli. Is it flawless?...Well, too soon to tell for sure. In the mean time, if you team guys can help us solve a problem or two...MUCH appreciated....:thumbup:

+1. Well said.

ClubCRASH
11-26-2011, 03:44 PM
I feel pointed about the Team thing, and you guys are right, I am kind of pushing but it's only because I really like this canopy, I agree that other options would be fun, but again don't change the shape I for one like it's shape.

504Rone
11-26-2011, 11:01 PM
+1. Well said.
+2

SoupZ
11-27-2011, 06:24 AM
You guys are still asking for different canopy...go to the beginning of this thread and read it all, it seems to me that most people like the color and design of this canipy, I would not want a Logo canopy on my Synergy, Logo canopies look great on Logos but it's not the look I want my E6/E7 to have.

Well i didn't say i want a logo canopy on an E6/E7, if u read carefully i said "wraparound' canopy & i meant "something like" the Logos or TDR, or maybe take the 7HV for example, they dont look the same do they? they just have something in common, a wraparound canopy which imho looks more sleek/aerodynamic or wadeva u wish to name it:lol:
but u also cant deny tat the concept of the frame is more or less adopted frm the logo right?:roll: But It's a good thing! Cos it's a great design & Matt imho perfected it by very much further improving it:wow2: dont get the wrong idea, i meant no disrespect to Synergy helis at all, as a matter of fact, i wanted to find out more bcos i grew to love Synergy helis! When i watched Matt on youtube flying his E6 with the canopy off, it looked super sexy!:drool: but with the canopy on, not so... I just thought tat the back upper end of the canopy, the part near to the upper canopy mounts, are a lil wide opened & too pointy:thinking which imho affects the overall appearance of the heli.

+3, thks Steve! The E6/E7 is truly a beautiful ship, tats why i'm here cos it's the 1st one tat managed to pull my scope away frm the "long-aimed" logo 600 3D :clap But i tink tat it's just normal for us consumers to make comparisons here & thr cos we hope for the best in wad we buy, & of cos it's for the love of Synergy helis tat we are here to feedbk so tat they can improve & we can see it become an even stronger contender in the market:hug: Of cos dont blame them too, i dont tink CRASH meant anything offensive also, it's natural to defend something or someone tat u love & take pride in, tats passion we're talking abt! right? :thumbup:

I feel pointed about the Team thing, and you guys are right, I am kind of pushing but it's only because I really like this canopy, I agree that other options would be fun, but again don't change the shape I for one like it's shape.

Of cos dont change the shape for i like it too, only tat a particular part of the canopy did not appeal to me, i'm fine with the color too, but u must understand tat everyone has different taste which also means tat other options would really be fun:bacon i'm talking abt an "improvised design frm the current one" which will attract more ppl to it including urself! Which i tink will happen bcos "Botos design & distibution inc" isnt named like tat for no reason, Matt is a great DESIGNER! & i'm sure he has a very powerful imagination & loads of ideas flowing in his mind!
Just take a look at Mikado, the previous sky blue & white color scheme tat the logos had b4 was a lil boring imho, but look how they "boomed" like nobody's business ltr on, & i believe some factors are,
-marketing & service (which i tink tat Synergy is brilliant in, with all his :smokin:"Matt" flying demos/product intro/videos, always updating info & support on his website, Synergy even has a dedicated forum on its own & u hear frm the man himself! Tat is wad i call passion & dedication, & not just fellow flyers coming together to create a forum for a certain brand on their own, some other brands dont even have their own website:bawl)

2ndly- they changed the appeal of their canopies, color schemes & maybe a few lil things, but the color schemes played a major part imho

I know wads impt is the mechanics not the canopies, but sadly to say imho consumers being human beings will look at the cover of the book which normally makes the 1st impression b4 they decide whether they wanna know more abt the inside, same goes for helis imho... of cos having a super gorgeous canopy but having lousy mechanics is a no-go:...: but having superb mechnics with gorgeous canopies is definitely a grabber!:Bang

Just my 2cents imho, hope y'all dont mind, pardon me & correct me if i'm wrong :thumbup:

SoupZ
11-27-2011, 06:35 AM
Gotta agree with Matt on this one. Guys who are newer to the hobby are really spoiled. Not that long ago if you wanted a premium electric machine like a MA Ion-X you had to drop over a grand for the mechanics and then send your blank canopy to Arizona Heli or Canopy FX and shell out another $150 to get it painted. Anyone complaining about this canopy must be new to the hobby.

If you cant see a white canopy with a black windshied and neon green accents then your in the minority of pilots purchasing this heli and should just send your canopy to a painter. I would hate if the stock canopy looked like the picture posted by the OP.

we mustn't forget history of cos... but to learn frm it & move on with times.
I'm not saying everything.. some things still has to remain traditional but wad i meant was especially things tat has got to do with design & technology together with demands & supplies moves real quick, u cant possibly compare turbofan planes of today with the piston prop planes of ytd & whine abt how lucky ppl are now tat they can go much faster right? why not stop living in the past too much & start looking into the market demands & competitors of now, or maybe in the future & work frm thr? U must know the reason why a variety of factory painted canopies are so popular, bcos manufacturers have a bigger capacity & ability to do a much better paint job than an average layman noob painter like me (of cos thr are still flyers out thr who are pro painters who likes to do their own paint job, nothing against tat :noteworthy ) but it truly saves ppl like me a lot of hassle, & it gives us a choice of plain or fancily colored canopies! In this way i'm sure everyone would be happy & i believe Synergy being a popular brand running a business would hope to serve & cater to the preferences of every of it's flyers right? :peace

Nothing against ur comments but just thought of sharing my 2cents imho, hope u dont mind, pardon me & correct me if i'm wrong :thumbup:

crashr30
11-27-2011, 03:54 PM
The only problem with multiple canopies is that everyone has their own taste in colors. So how many do you make? Next thing is you know fusano is working on them so now he has competition. Will you stick with a synergy product or go to fusano. It is not an easy choice, though to Matt's credit, he is working on it. It is not easy for a small mgr. Even MinAir only has 1canopy for there machines. I think TT only has 1per machine. But like I said he has heard you and is working on it.