PDA

View Full Version : DX6i---Why did I wait!?

astrowolf67
10-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Well, I picked up a new DX6i a couple of weeks ago, and, taking things slowly, only bound my mCX to it. Immediately, there was an improvement in precision control, but, unfortunately for the mCX, there's not much one can do for stock performance. This weekend, I finally bound it to my mSR, and used the basic programming set up from RCHelifun's ebook. This afternoon, I got a chance to go out to the back yard, with little to no wind, and try it out. First impressions, was similar characteristics to my mCX. Then, I flipped the gyro switch to try the more advanced settings, and, WOW!! I was finally flying the mSR the way I wanted to, not trying to just keep it airbourne. Four batteries, 6 minutes each using the DX6i's timer, and, not one single crash. The cat that smacked it down before? Well, let's just say his tail was facing it most of the time today, lol!

If you are on the fence about getting a more advanced radio, it's a HUGE improvement over the stock tx.

David

JAG1
10-26-2011, 04:16 AM
the DX6i is the best upgrade you can get for MSR!!
Happy flying mate

Krispy
10-29-2011, 05:21 PM
I can't agree enough! I just picked up a DX6i and love it. Once I tweaked the settings a bit to give me better hover control I was flying like an ace!

I really like the fact that I have switches setup to change rates. So I effectively have 3 different rates that I use depending on where I am flying.

1st rate is for indoor in my small living room.

2nd for larger indoor spaces

3rd is for inside our high bay/ outside in calmish winds.

Mojos Heli
10-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Cant wait till my DX6i comes in. I have given up trying to do anything other then just hover and basic movements with the stock TX. Its just way to twitchy to control.

Ron34238
10-31-2011, 09:42 PM
It's like night and day, between the stock radio and a computer radio.

Enjoy and happy flying.

fac13
11-01-2011, 04:06 AM
As a result of reading posts like this I started out my heli flying days with a DX6i, buying BNF versions of the MSR, then later the MCPx.

I recently acquired a cheap used RTF 120SR, so I tried out the stock transmitter that came with it, flying the MSR.

Uugh it's so awful. It is absolutely chronically dreadful. I took the advice I found here on trust, but now, having had the chance to put that advice to the test, I am really glad I did.

They should print threads like this on the RTF boxes; LHS's should point them out to potential customers.

Apart from saving a little money - and that ONLY on your first heli purchase - there is no reason to go the RTF route.

krobinson103
11-01-2011, 04:49 AM
Just replaced the stock radio of my RTF Walkera v400 with the wk-2801. Took some setting but.. its a totally different heli! More power, more stability, balanced pitch curves. Responds twice as fast. Never going to use that stock thing again. Its false economy getting a cheap tx.

cappy
11-04-2011, 08:47 PM
I can't agree enough! I just picked up a DX6i and love it. Once I tweaked the settings a bit to give me better hover control I was flying like an ace!

I really like the fact that I have switches setup to change rates. So I effectively have 3 different rates that I use depending on where I am flying.

1st rate is for indoor in my small living room.

2nd for larger indoor spaces

3rd is for inside our high bay/ outside in calmish winds.
i would be curious to see what your 3 settings are...if you don't mind could you post them