PDA

View Full Version : Took too long

Pages : [1] 2

frito169
10-27-2011, 10:23 PM
I couldn't wait anymore so I now have an ma whiplash on the way and I actually like the design better than the x7. May still get an x7 when they come out but not likely.

bjb714
10-28-2011, 06:46 AM
I agree.

I wanted to buy an X7 to fly this year, gave up and got a Trex 600 EFL, and I thought well I'll get an X7 next.

Now I'm tired of waiting for the X7 again and thinking of getting a Goblin.

Previous posts by Empire have said the X7 would be ready in time for Christmas.

This Christmas?

Geffect
10-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Im not going to be waiting until next year. :mad: I need a Xmas project to keep me out of trouble..

So its looking like a Faifa or 7HV to replace the X7.

Rob Cherry
10-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Uh, I don't understand the "giving up" part. We all know when it's coming out, we've been informed x-mas of this year. So, either you want to wait or not!

:rotf

Thank you GAUI for taking the time to make sure it's right the first time.

bjb714
10-28-2011, 04:43 PM
What does Christmas mean?

Does that mean we can pre-order starting Christmas day for delivery in the spring?

Does that mean we can order today and have it built and flying by Christmas?

If it is something in between these two,

I would like to know what that something is, exactly.

Geffect
10-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Uh, I don't understand the "giving up" part. We all know when it's coming out, we've been informed x-mas of this year. So, either you want to wait or not!

:rotf

Thank you GAUI for taking the time to make sure it's right the first time.

I was happy to wait until Xmas, but after reading a post on RR from a team pilot informing people that its release has been pushed back until Feb/Mar I started looking elsewhere.
http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t627392p4/ (2nd post from the end of the thread)

It doesnt mean i wont get a X7. It will just be my '12 mid year project..

fusionsx00
10-29-2011, 04:37 AM
They need some steam behind this ship,

What if they gave there feild reps a few weeks with these helis,

And they posted upclose videos, and flight videos??

Like nexgen and vas?

Now that would get people excited again.

Just a thought,

torana74
10-29-2011, 10:35 AM
here's a few new vids (http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=3358054&postcount=189)

These vids are very recent testing of the current setup. Unfortunately i don't have exact specifics.

As with anything and as has been mentioned before, GAUI is committed in making
this heli all it can be with the best possible combination possible.

The heli has had rigourous testing and will continue to do so with all
possible combinations. Even if parts work well individually, they might not
work so well when used in conjunction with others.

Even if the current combination works terrifically well, a part can be improved and therefore will be trailled and tested to look for any improvements that can make it an even better machine.
If that part doesn't agree with the rest of the combination, the whole lot gets looked at, not just that bit.Unfortunately time gets eaten up in the process.

At IRCHA, the GAUI flight team were given new parts to trial that arrived just before the event. These parts had worked well in previous testing but untrialled in specific combinations. The GAUI flight team have nothing to hide and flew or should i say trialled the prototypes at the event and alot of information was gathered.

As JC mentioned, what works for some pilots , doesn't allways work for others, so the more feedback and testing hours that are done will result in a better product

This is to be GAUI's flagship, every effort is being made to make sure it is as perfect as can be.
They do not want to release anything deemed inferior in any way. Might not be the quickest way to bring a new heli to market, but i believe the best way for us consumers.

As most GAUI fliers know, the company works very hard on constant improvements, especially to already released models.No matter how well the original design, if it can be improved in any way,at any time, it will. Alot of resources are taken up with constant improvements. No resting on lorals.
The priorities are to make sure GAUI fliers have the best possible flight experience.

We all got excited when word of the X7 first came out and continue to do so.Maybe word was a little early but it was to let all the fans know that GAUI were working on something special.
I want one yesterday like everyone else, but also want to know it's as good a heli as can be.
At the moment, late Feb/early March release is the time mentioned. It definately is close but i'm sure that none of us want it rushed either.

Vas

Geffect
10-29-2011, 07:44 PM
I certainly dont want it rushed and end up like the 7hv which had numerous issues with the initial kits (now all sorted except for their motor)..

Its just frustrating, especially when I have the electronics sitting here ready to go (rx, servos,m-vbar).

If you are able to find out if the initial run of kits will be combo'd or just airframe? im assuming it will be combo'd which is why i havent purchased an ESC/Motor...

torana74
10-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Geffect, totally hear and understand what you are saying mate. I think i've spent my 700 budget a few times over now :(

Same as you, i have a set of BLS255's and 256. Mini-v , phase sensor ,6203 on the bench waiting.

I really luv the Compass helis and think they are terrific value , especially given the quality. Very underrated imo.
It was quite sad to see the initial run have the issues but i'd say that they were in the exact same situation as here.An awesome product with great potential and everyone wanting one asap. Also am very glad to see that most buyers could see past that run and stuck by the brand as the end result has been a great heli .

Now i'm saying this as me with no 100% proof, but my opinion is the initial kits will be motor/esc included. The combo is being worked on as we speak and not finalised.
I'm sure there will also be a complete kit, FBL unit, servos also coming and for those that want a basic airframe kit, i could see the same as the X5 being offered eventually.

Vas

SurfCity
10-29-2011, 09:37 PM
They do not want to release anything deemed inferior in any way. Might not be the quickest way to bring a new heli to market, but i believe the best way for us consumers.
Vas

I love this. Make it great.

Right now the X5 is Gaui's flagship. I've yet to hear a single negative word.

Rob Cherry
10-29-2011, 11:25 PM
I love this. Make it great.

Right now the X5 is Gaui's flagship. I've yet to hear a single negative word.

Other than my face hurts from grinning so much. 200+ stick pounding flights on mine! :bacon

I want my X7!

frito169
10-30-2011, 11:16 AM
They now say by christmas . Originally it was this summer then it was september and now it is christmas . I appreciate them wanting to put out a flawless machine but the whiplash is a simpler and better design in my opinion and it's available. I myself have an X5 and a X2 which are both the best in their groups. But take a look at the whiplash it looks better and is made in the USA with the highest quality materials. Eventually I will get an X7 because of its looks , but not because it is the best shamanism

akamullen
10-30-2011, 03:32 PM
They now say by christmas . Originally it was this summer then it was september and now it is christmas . I appreciate them wanting to put out a flawless machine but the whiplash is a simpler and better design in my opinion and it's available. I myself have an X5 and a X2 which are both the best in their groups. But take a look at the whiplash it looks better and is made in the USA with the highest quality materials. Eventually I will get an X7 because of its looks , but not because it is the best shamanism
"Now its christmas" This was told to the public back in July/August. Not new news.
What parts of the whiplash do you think are better designed? Just curious.

There will always be a new machine around the corner from some manufacturer. Waiting for the one you want is entirely up the the consumer.

frito169
10-30-2011, 06:37 PM
"Now its christmas" This was told to the public back in July/August. Not new news.
What parts of the whiplash do you think are better designed? Just curious.

There will always be a new machine around the corner from some manufacturer. Waiting for the one you want is entirely up the the consumer.

The main gear runs the tail also, the one way bearing is on the motor instead of main shaft, whole tail assembly including transmission is easily removed, landing gear is 4 separate struts, motor is placed very high so it will have great cooling. There are a few more reasons buf you are best off watching the fourth whiplash video see for yourself.

akamullen
10-30-2011, 06:44 PM
I looked very very closely at the whiplash in person when I was at IRCHA, was impressive, but the X7 seems like a better over all design IMO. Just my opinion though, everybody likes what they like for different reasons. For me I think the X7 is suited more for me and the way I fly, while others may like something else. Not a right or wrong here, just personal preference. Both great machines, I just don't like the wide frame design.

frito169
10-30-2011, 07:11 PM
I have not seen the x 7 up close is the frame that much thinner spaced then the miniature aircraft? I agree I like the frames close together. ehat is the flying weight of the x7?

akamullen
10-30-2011, 08:11 PM
I have not seen the x 7 up close is the frame that much thinner spaced then the miniature aircraft? I agree I like the frames close together. ehat is the flying weight of the x7? Frame distance is about half (HUGE difference.). flying weight depends greatly on batteries used. All the 90E's that I have seen or heard of weigh in about the same "less batts". You cannot really go by the weights that the manufacturers give as it really depends on set-up, batts, esc, rx pack( or lack of rx pack), etc.. One thing that I really like other than the sweet FBL head and frame spacing, is the huge mod 1.2 slant/bevel cut main gear (mod 1.2 is what I remember it being. JC Z may be able to confirm that for us.) for hard flying and no stripping when higher gov gains are used. The tail case was SUPER impressive as well.

fusionsx00
10-31-2011, 01:47 AM
Sometimes one needs to step back and look at what gave them success,

Who was it that submitted the prototype to gaui for the X5?

What did set the X5 apart from the rest?

If gaui does this, there will be no question of what is the best

Rob Cherry
11-03-2011, 12:40 AM

Not sure about simpler though. Just looking at the manual for the whiplash shows how many parts it has, a friggen ton! Looks like youd need a 4 day weekend for building. :)

fusionsx00
11-04-2011, 06:50 PM
What's the part count on the x7.

TT
11-04-2011, 10:27 PM
REMOVED: Cheap shot about zero parts count currently. ;)

fusionsx00
11-06-2011, 08:39 PM
jesus man, there is a crazy amount of 700's on the market.

its just insane, its like every day i see a new ad

frito169
11-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Now it's feb./march. Glad I bought the whiplash this thing rocks and by the time the X7 is released I'll have saved enough for another heli.

Rob Cherry
11-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Lol, cool! Stop posting here and go fly your whiplash already!

:peace