PDA

View Full Version : A word of warning

Pages : [1] 2

Inverse
11-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Hey guys, just spotted this video on youtube and thought I would bring it here to discuss.
When you are involved in an accident or trauma of some kind, your body can go into shock and you just don't make the right decisions.
If you are involved in any helicopter related accident, especially one as serious, life threatening and disfiguring as this one I urge you to get someone else to drive you to the hospital.
The inability of the brain for rational thought in this instance is quite large and could cause you to drive in an unsafe manner; Speeding, driving erratically and dangerously, failing to indicate and not focusing on the road because you are too busy filming your lacerated hand.
Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1UzFtRgM0w

Andy.Kim
11-07-2011, 12:12 AM
and one of my biggest pet peeves are people that don't use turn signals while changing lanes. :thumbdown:

Maxists The Baddist
11-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Why is the tach at zero at around 1:00 to 1:15 and his speedometer is really high? Good thing no one called him on his way to the hospital. Driving, the camera, the phone, the narration.

frypan
11-07-2011, 12:32 AM
and one of my biggest pet peeves are people that don't use turn signals while changing lanes. :thumbdown:
+1 dont think about your self you could have killed a family, car full of kids.. because you got a widdle booo booo:face

flyinghigh450
11-07-2011, 01:13 AM
My bad,my hand was killing me and didn't think to at that time but it wasn't like I was cutting people off..

Plymouth had issue with the Breeze dashes...

Bunch of disrespectfull people babbling when it didn't happen to them :roll: ..Maybe keep your comment's to yourself's..

because you got a widdle booo booo:face

I'll keep my comment to myself..

frypan
11-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Might be because we dont crash into our selfs...
I am just saying dude,
Stay in control...

Inverse
11-07-2011, 01:15 AM
I hardly feel that keeping one's comments to oneself is beneficial in this scenario.
My advice still stands, if you aren't in a fit state of mind, don't drive yourself to the hospital; You went from being a danger to just yourself to being a danger to all other road users and that lack of respect for them is pretty poor form.

flyinghigh450
11-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Might be because we dont crash into our selfs...
I am just saying dude,
Stay in control...
Dan,
You can't do a 1/4 of what I can,not even close.Tail blew out,no control.I made a stupid mistake but by the way you post,I wouldn't expect you to understand that..

Inverse,
This isn't the first time you trolled my video's and won't be the last..Kinda like the smart mouth clone shot's you give us in the Chaos section http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=348769 ..All your doing is stirring garbage up :thumbdown: ..Worry about yourself..If I wasn't able to drive,I wouldn't ..Sorry you couldn't see but I wasn't going much faster than other car's,just enough to get around them.You make it sound like I was flying past them :roll: .

Inverse
11-07-2011, 01:29 AM
With all due respect Lon, you weren't able to drive properly from what I saw.
Speeding, no indicating and operating a handheld device all at the same time doesn't look too in control to me (much like part 1 of this video to be honest).
If you were bleeding out I might have seen the reason for it, but you barely were bleeding, let alone in danger enough to warrant such erratic driving.
I suggest if you think I'm "stirring stuff up" that you focus more on your reactions than my attempts to encourage good debate.

flyinghigh450
11-07-2011, 01:30 AM
BTW,
Go troll someone else.From your past post,your getting good at it..

frypan
11-07-2011, 01:30 AM
your right i cant fly..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBFnfwX0zAg
but i do have control of my heli..:hug:

Inverse
11-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Lon,if you read my first post, this isn't intended as a troll, I was merely stating that driving in that manner was not acceptable and if you aren't capable of driving due to whatever circumstances then you shouldn't.
I'm sorry that you are taking this so personally but it's not meant as such, merely just to point out to others what shouldn't be done.

frypan
11-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Lon,if you read my first post, this isn't intended as a troll, I was merely stating that driving in that manner was not acceptable and if you aren't capable of driving due to whatever circumstances then you shouldn't.
I'm sorry that you are taking this so personally but it's not meant as such, merely just to point out to others what shouldn't be done.
+1 dude, and dont disrespect me. :cheers

flyinghigh450
11-07-2011, 01:37 AM
With all due respect Lon, you weren't able to drive properly from what I saw.
Speeding, no indicating and operating a handheld device all at the same time doesn't look too in control to me (much like part 1 of this video to be honest).
If you were bleeding out I might have seen the reason for it, but you barely were bleeding, let alone in danger enough to warrant such erratic driving.
I suggest if you think I'm "stirring stuff up" that you focus more on your reactions than my attempts to encourage good debate.
LMAO,sorry I was moving about 7 MPH faster than other car's LOL.Camcorder has a adjustable screen so I was looking at the road.Do different than having a GPS in the window,do you understand that?Do you man up like you are on the internet and stop every car driving down the road with a GPS in the front window?Your right,I couldn't control the heli because it had NO TAIL CONTROL.

frypan
11-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Dude, No control caused the tail strike.

Inverse
11-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Your right,I couldn't control the heli because it had NO TAIL CONTROL.

Yeah, that tends to happen when you fly them backwards into the ground.

flyinghigh450
11-07-2011, 01:45 AM
your right i cant fly..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBFnfwX0zAg
but i do have control of my heli..:hug:
Didn't say you couldn't fly so try reading what's said.I said you can't do 1/4 of what I do and you can't.You wouldn't know what "making a mistake" is because you fly 50+ ft in the air.No disrespect,just saying you don't understand ..Once you learn more and get close to the deck,you'll understand then..

flyinghigh450
11-07-2011, 01:49 AM
Yeah, that tends to happen when you fly them backwards into the ground.
LMAO,learn the difference..I wasn't flying backward's,did a flip and bumped the tail coming down...You do know what a flip is right?

Inverse
11-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Your tone is rather confrontational don't you think?
You crashed and then crashed into yourself.

flyinghigh450
11-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Dude, No control caused the tail strike.
You learned something....

frypan
11-07-2011, 01:51 AM
Buddy...
I fly off the deck the whole flight just about, not in that vid no.
I was tuning the engine, as you can see its rich. thats no excuse.
lets see your pro flying "off the deck"

flyinghigh450
11-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Your tone is rather confrontational don't you think?
You crashed and then crashed into yourself.
Clueless :face and nice post edited..

Andy.Kim
11-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Off the deck or into the deck? Looks more like the latter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtJrrZ6NavY&feature=feedu

frypan
11-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Clueless :face and nice post edited..
Do you type with one finger now? Seeing as you hands
Hurt.:rotf

flyinghigh450
11-07-2011, 02:12 AM
Buddy...
I fly off the deck the whole flight just about, not in that vid no.
I was tuning the engine, as you can see its rich. thats no excuse.
lets see your pro flying "off the deck"
Never claim to be a pro lol but I don't stay 50+ feet in the air.Once you start bringing the heli down,youhave no room for mistake's and they do happen all the time,even to pro pilot's alot.Your WC buddy and I seen about all your video's

Couldn't get any closer a few time's in this one without putting it in..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYNG6ofU5eY

Look at 5:43 Dan,this is called a mistake.Got too close and bumped the tail..Your flying is good but once you start pushing yourself and getting closer,you take chances and sometime's make mistake's..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNzfpPwAZeQ