PDA

View Full Version : Scout CX question for HH officials?

Thalios
11-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Is it possible to bind the Scout CX to something else than it's stock transmitter?

I'd like to use my DX8 with one! hehe

Mike? David?

Mojappa
11-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Try it when you get it. Or email HH directly, you'll get a faster response if you can't wait to try it yourself.

David Eichstedt
11-09-2011, 04:22 PM
No, the Scout CX uses a different 2.4 architecture. It's not DSM.

Thalios
11-09-2011, 04:25 PM
That is sad.. May i ask why? To make the heli cheaper?

Lunchbox
11-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Most likely. it really looks like an office toy more than anything.

Thalios
11-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Well, it will be my 5 years old son's learning tool! hehe

3gunclip
11-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Well, it will be my 5 years old son's learning tool! hehe

remember the left stick is throttle only
not a shot at hh but some may find it tough to go to a mode2 4 ch

spykez
11-13-2011, 08:26 PM
So I got a mate one of these, he'd never flown anything before. Was thinking of a SYMA 107g to begin with, but thought heck, I've spare micro JST mSR batteries, I'll just give him some so as he'd have some spare lipos.

My initial impressions
1. She appears to fly great. This mate of mine had never flown anything before, he got it going just fine.
2. Very light, so quite crash resistant. How she will fare compared to a more metallic syma I don't know. I let my 5 yo fly my syma, it's been bashed a bit, still flies fine. Note that the syma is swashless and thus servoless.

Negatives.
1. The other blade micro heli i.e. mSR batteries DO NOT FIT THE HELI. I do not know why they chose incompatibility, does not seem logical. Maybe Cog changes would be too extreme.
2. The battery plug on the heli is quite firmly anchored so to power the heli up, you slide the lipo into the slot on the skids. Sounds like a great idea but it is actually harder to do than one would expect, a bit of a struggle for fear of breaking something.
3. The controls I had some trouble explaining. Imho,.HH should have just made a cheaper 4ch - I would pay 15 bucks for that and a proper stick layout.

So, there you go. He's gonna have to score some new lipos. So, mixed opinions about the thing from me. Looks better as a gift than a syma, but how much better, I honestly can't see.

FuntanaS
11-14-2011, 06:48 PM
3. The controls I had some trouble explaining. Imho,.HH should have just made a cheaper 4ch - I would pay 15 bucks for that and a proper stick layout

They did. Its called the mCX
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=EFLH2200

rathat76
11-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Thalios,
My six year old loves his, your youngin will too.

spykez
11-15-2011, 04:14 PM
They did. Its called the mCX
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=EFLH2200

Well... sonofa... 80 bucks? Vs the 60 bucks I bought the Scout for. That's scandalous they don't sell that model here. I would have so... got that instead. Count shipping from the US and it unfortunately becomes too costly.. :(

We're really at the mercy of our local shops/distributors here, unless desperate enough to pay the shipping premium...

I for one, recently tried to score some gears for my DS76 servos, but in the end, when the shipping tally came up, I was.. um... ok... not from this seller in the states (won't name names), I'll look elsewhere. Like maybe China or HK, still looking fingers crossed.

FuntanaS
11-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I ordered two sets of gears for the DS76 recently and shipping was $1.50:rotf
Sorry I couldn't resist!:lol:

STANLEYSTICKLER
11-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Love my 2! A lot more responsive on high rate. Great learner rigs.

Pfloyd
12-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Is it possible to bind the Scout CX to something else than it's stock transmitter?

I'd like to use my DX8 with one! hehe

Mike? David?

No...the scout cx is not dsm2.....

El Paso Mark
12-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Greetings all. So the Blade MCX is a 4-Channel? What's the difference (Other than price) between it and the MCX2? Thanx.

Cheers,

Mark

Pfloyd
12-24-2011, 02:15 AM
Stronger motors, different 5n1, fancy body with flashing lites....has two sets of swash balls on the swash.

El Paso Mark
12-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Stronger motors, different 5n1, fancy body with flashing lites....has two sets of swash balls on the swash.

Thanx. Eyeballing the MCX2 and/or the Heli-Max Axe CX Nano as my next step up from the Scout.

Cheers,

Mark

Thalios
12-25-2011, 12:14 PM
So he unwrapped it this morning...

You guys should have seen his eyes!

I made it in 3 presents. The first was a tightly packed battery (1" x 1" x 2" package).
The second was a bigger box, but also with only a battery in it. He was really puzzled...
The third was the actual Scout CX. He loved it!

I'll post a pic in a few!

El Paso Mark
12-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Most excellent! Have fun !

Cheers,

Mark

Pfloyd
12-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Can someone measure the lengths of both servo rods..my son tried adjusted them for faster forward flight and now it's all messed up..thanks.

InFocus
12-25-2011, 05:41 PM
You need to update your sig Thalios. I want to see the flight log to see who is really getting the most hours on the new heli.

I could have sworn I heard words echoing from the great white north this morning,

'put it down daddy, I don't want you to crash it'

I just assumed this came from your home.

Pfloyd
12-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Can someone measure the lengths of both servo rods..my son tried adjusted them for faster forward flight and now it's all messed up..thanks.

Anyone?