PDA

View Full Version : HC3SX setup problem

watdazit
11-09-2011, 12:05 AM
I have come to that exciting part where I am on the downhill run of setting up a new heli and my first HC3SX. I have setup HC 3D's before so am somewhat familiar with Captrons computer interface.

My problem is that the bars in the diagnose screen are not moving in a manner which corresponds to the Tx.

Firstly my installation uses 2 Spectrum satellites. They bind OK. I am powering the CC BEC Pro for setting up the system with a 3 cell lipo. I have set the BEC to 6 volts. I am using a JR 9303 Tx in Mode 2 set to one servo. There is no mixing.

The only connections I have on the HC3SX unit is the power and computer link. NO servos are connected, as per the instructions.

Now my problem is the bars on the computer screen are not moving as they should.

Tail is OK.

When I move the Collective pitch stick it's corresponding bar moves correctly but the Aileron bar also moves from max left to max right at the same time. The Aileron bar does not respond to my Aileron stick but the Elevator bar moves instead.

Nothing moves in response to my Elevator stick.

I must be missing something somewhere but at present I am stuffed to know what it is. Any ideas anyone please.

PS I have done a factory reset twice and started again including rebinding the system.

watdazit
11-09-2011, 03:06 AM
I think I have it. I changed the channel assignments in the RC page (plus a few reversals) and it seems to be the answer and everything is moving correctly.

The question now is...did I do the right thing?

Fairview
11-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Yes, you have done it right. You have to map the channel assignments when using spec. sats. Here is another thread you can check http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=343550

watdazit
11-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Yes, you have done it right. You have to map the channel assignments when using spec. sats. Here is another thread you can check http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=343550

Thanks Fairview. I search the FBL thread and it did not pick anything up and I see that thread is actually under Flight Stabilisation. No excuse though because I had read that thread before and should have remembered. :arggg::arggg:

heli21
11-12-2011, 06:17 AM
Just remember, once you set the bars (reverse for right direction, then sub trim for center, then finally travel adjustment so that they stop on the line before the end of the box) you will not use your transmitter for the swash. You will use the mixer page for reversing servos etc., I have seen guys do this in the past and it will certaintly mess with your head :lol:

Rob

tay.joe75
11-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi there,
I am a complete newbie. I have been :arggg: on the workstation for 2 days trying to setup my HC3SX. So here is the problem. I finish building my MIni Protos using Stock ESC and motor and now I am trying to setup a DX8 with the helicommand

I have a DX8 on mode 2 .. ie. throttle on the left . First I could not bind the spek sat so I use the receiver to bind it and plug into the HC3SX after. Then on my bars in the diagnose tab it is all funny, I have to keep tweaking the channels for the setup until I get the right bar to move with the right stick and now at the Setup Assistance I have the waiting for ZERO RC signal message. I could not seem to trim or unable to trim anything on my DX8 so that it zero/netural the bar or either that I really don't understand the process. I can move my subtrim but at the moment I can't move forward. As I have 125% on the head channel and 50% on the tail gyro.. sigh. furthermore I can only do a subtrim on my DX8 and when I try to use the trim by holding down the roller and switching on. The Spek sat is not active.. in the DX8 trim mode.. arrrrgh.!

So could someone share your channel assignments for DX8 on mode 2. And is it because I bind the Spek Sat on the original Spek receiver that is causing the problem? I am an absolute newbie..sorry

I thought setting this up will be easy but.. sigh I want to sell it away now:thumbdown: Guess helicommand is not good for beginners..!

heli21
11-18-2011, 06:34 PM
You bind your DX8 and Spek. satalites by using the bind button on the RC Page

The procedure is done the same way but instead of using a bind plug you simply activate bind mode for the satalites through the Helicommand software.

You set the diagnose page once, and only once. Use the method I posted earlier in this thread.

Rob

tay.joe75
11-20-2011, 10:38 AM
i manage to bind the sat but now how do i assign the horizon gain to my aux 3 on my dx8? So far i assign my gyro using the gear channel and gyro switch. How does the horizon mode works, does it take over the gyro completely? Thanks

heli21
11-20-2011, 01:10 PM
The Horizon mode is controlled through the Rigid gain channel, So before you cannot start working with the Horizon mode you must first get your head gain all set and then select that value for default head gyro gain in the Rigid page.

You can configure your Rigid gain/Horizon channel to AUX 3 by using channel assignment in your radio and setting AUX 3 to channel 7 because that is what the HC uses for Rigid Gain/Horizon for Spek Satalites.

You also should configure the table on the RC page to the channels in your Radio, sometimes they are different.

I would suggest reading the manual front to back before flying, If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Rob McQuillen
Helicommand Flight Team

tay.joe75
11-21-2011, 01:49 AM
Hi,
Thanks for your help. I would like to clarify on 2 things.

Ok, so far I set my gyro rate on my DX8 at + 70% and - 70% ( This is set by my vendor who manage to fly on his futaba ) However when I spool up, the heli will tilt to the right just before liftoff. What settings can I change, I have selected horizon mode on norm and inverted

Next I tried to assign the gyro on the transmitter, so far I manage to set my Channel to gear and switch to gyro. What am I missing , I tried to assign the channel of the gyro to AUx3 and when I move the knob, there is no response.. For the switch assignment in the Gyro menu it does not allow me to select Aux 3, it only allows me to choose the generic 3 lever swtich on the top of the transmitter.

tay.joe75
11-21-2011, 05:06 AM
One more question is the swash plate type on my DX8 is 1 servo normal or 120 CCPM. I assume that helicommand does the mixing

heli21
11-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Yes set 50* in your transmitter.

I like to start setting my gain by raising it and doing sharp inputs until it bobbles or shakes. Try it on both axis's. Once it starts to bobble or shake, lower it until it stops. That gives you the highest possible gain which will make your machine feel much more locked in.

Rob
Helicommand Flight Team