PDA

View Full Version : mounting points for the sk720 on my new fusion 50 please help

CHIEF-X
11-09-2011, 09:03 PM
where should i mount the sk720 on my new fusion 50? the only way i can get it in the gyro mount without it hitting the frame is to mount it sideways where the servo connectors face either out the right or left side of the frame! will this be a ok mounting orientation??. also what should i do with the power bus?? use it or not

i am wanting to use my dx8's telemetry software and 2 dsmx satelite rx's and i have the outrage cyclic and tail "torq" servos. the each run at 8.4 volts how should i go about setting all this up for optimal 3d performance?? heres the complete setup bought from slavikR here on helifreak for $1500 dollars:

outrage fusion 50
cyclic servos: outrage torq 9180
tail servo:outrage torq 9188
esc: yge 90 hv!!! dont know if its the phase sensor type or not please help
motor: xera 4025 560kv 3y
bec: western robotics herculese super bec (14s) max
would like to use telemetry rx tm1000 from dx8 with or without the ar8000
swe 630 main blades
kde yellow plastic tail blades

please help!!!
thanks in advance

elvina gate
11-09-2011, 10:55 PM
this is how i mount my sk720, you can mount it on any position, you just have to change the orientation on the set up process

CHIEF-X
11-09-2011, 11:09 PM
awesome glad to know that i can do it!! now just need to figure out if the yge has tha phase sensor and see if i can get the telemetry to work well with the sk720

should i use the power bus??

thanks alot :thumbup:

d1esel
11-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I ran my SK720 mounted sideways for while. I felt the SK was not very well supported, and allowed for to much movement, even with a strap over it. I modified my frame to allow the SK unit to be mounted length wise. The SK is better supported, and my heli feels more locked in now.