PDA

View Full Version : Please will someone give this v400d02 a check?

damo666
11-26-2011, 11:36 AM
I was going to post this in the v400 thread, but feared it may get lost amongst the other posts.

Man, it took me 4 hours from start to finish but I think i've got it right. I just need someone's opinion.

I used dental floss to hold my servos down as a temporary measure and it seems OK until I get my wire, and fixings.

In stunt mode, I had throttle at 50% and centred all servos at 90 degrees. I then set my blade pitch to 0 degrees by altering the swash > blade holder links on both sides.
I have these readings on stunt mode using a pitch gauge (right switch towards me)-
0 throttle = -6
50% throttle = 0
100% throttle = +6

I got these readings by messing with the plt/pit as I was getting something weird like-
0 throttle = -13
50 throttle = 0
100 = +7 but I can't remember exactly.

I then moved the flight mode switch to normal (away), and my servos dropped down to about 80 degrees as shown, but they're all at the same angle. Hope this is OK?
In normal flight mode I get-
0 throttle = -2
50 throttle = +2
100 throttle = +6 or 7

The swash is also moving up and down nice and smoothly, whereas it was jumpy while using the stock servos.

What do you reckon of these readings?

I've tried my best here and don't want to nearly injure myself like last time, so i'm hoping someone can give me their opinion.

I'm willing to fine tune things and have got my head round to programming my transmitter.

damo666
11-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Btw, I get a terrible vibration between 40-50% throttle with blades on, but the vibrations go from 50% onwards. Any ideas?
These vibrations aren't apparent when the blades are removed.

john aeras
11-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Have you balanced and checked tracking on the blades?

krobinson103
11-26-2011, 06:56 PM
If you are using the wk-2603 then its impossible to get the pitch right. The best way to do it is to zero it in flight mode and then adjust normal mode as close as you possibly can. Or, use the wk-2801pro and get the pitch curves perfect. I spent weeks trying to it right with that POS tx and it turned out to be impossible. :thumbdown:

damo666
11-26-2011, 09:45 PM
I've just changed my pitches again and tracked the blades.
Also changed my pitches again.
In stunt mode, I have-
0 throttle = -10
50% = 0
100% = +10
For normal mode (switch away) I have,
0 throttle = -4
50% = +3
100% = +8.5

@Krobinson.. If this works, this will be my first flight. I'm hoping that working between 50-100% throttle will be fine with the 2603. I just want to see this thing airborne to start with.

If i'm successful I will buy the 2801, but if I nearly kill myself like last time i'm just going back to using micro fp birds and scrapping this. Lol.

krobinson103
11-26-2011, 10:08 PM
That should work fine. Just remember that when you change from stunt to normal you are going to get a bit of a jump up and the reverse when changing back. Your vibration problem is caused by staying at negative pitch too long on the ground. When the blades get fast enough at negative pitch the heli wants to go down, since it can't the energy has to go somewhere else. Get it up to zero pitch as fast as you can - it won't take off until you hit about +3. :lol:

damo666
11-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Roger that.
I can't say i'm actually looking forward to giving this a try after my last episode where it nearly whacked me in the face.
This time i'll be putting some 450 training gear on it, checking the CG, and standing a good 20ft away.

I'm convinced that the last unexpected backflip was caused by a toast servo (original walkera ones), or maybe it's because I was hesitant with the throttle for about a minute. I've heard fbl birds can do funny things if not airborne quickly enough. Who knows?

I'll come back later today and let you all have a laugh about how i've got on. Lol.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.:quotes:quotes

krobinson103
11-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Standard servos are worthless.... just replace them and save yourself many weeks of problems. Go back a bit in the v400 thread and there are any number of possible replacement servos that work well. She will get a bit wiggly if you are hesitant to take off. The FBL unit doesn't like being inhibited and the ground does that. Get her off the deck as you will get a nicely settled heli.

damo666
11-27-2011, 02:14 AM
I changed the servos to Hitec 5055s just the other day.

I now just need to find out what " rudmix gyro " is for on my tx. Do you have any ideas?

My heli is flight ready and I understand and have everything else setup on my tx, but this rudmix has me stumped.

krobinson103
11-27-2011, 02:26 AM
It controls the tail response of the v400. If you put it up too high or too low the tail gets twitchy. If the tail is solid don't change it.

hilo69
11-27-2011, 02:35 AM
Roger that.
I can't say i'm actually looking forward to giving this a try after my last episode where it nearly whacked me in the face.
This time i'll be putting some 450 training gear on it, checking the CG, and standing a good 20ft away.

I'm convinced that the last unexpected backflip was caused by a toast servo (original walkera ones), or maybe it's because I was hesitant with the throttle for about a minute. I've heard fbl birds can do funny things if not airborne quickly enough. Who knows?

I'll come back later today and let you all have a laugh about how i've got on. Lol.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.:quotes:quotes i got hit in the chin by my v400d02 last year x-mas eve it was 10 ft in the street and i was hovering, and my brother was calling me to tell me get ready for guest to come and i said ok but i landed the heli twice wen he was talking to me , and the 3rd time i didnt land first to yell at him shut up! then wen i looked at the heli it was 5ft up and it hit me in my chin i got 20 stiches from my v400d02, so i understand your point, but please dont give up on this heli it is my first cp 6chanl comeing from coaxil heli 4chanl and believe me i wanted to take a hammer to it! but i had to learn that moest heli's are good but need to set then up right!it took me 3munthes to huver,4munthes to fly forward, and about $400 in parts and i learned that crashing is part of flying!and every one crashes! so wen heli is set up heli will open up a world few can understand, now my v400d02 flys like its on rails and boy she can move! and is so smooth and stabel the other heli guys say wow not even ther t-rex 450 is that smooth so please dont give up on her?she will make you frustrated,mad ,wana kill her but she also will make you so happy and you will have so mutch fun learning wat makes her tick! haveing troubel then fixing it then she flys that feeling is priceless,:peace:bacon:D:thumbup: but i learned all by my self from my weel chair due to a motorcycle accident, until i found heli freak and so many people have helped me ! and now we are heer to help you! good luck!!!!!

damo666
11-27-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm absolutely made up.

Took it out for the first time and managed to hover for 3 mins, then lowered it to rest for a minute and hovered it for another few minutes before the lipo was dead. All this was in 10-15mph gusts and about 5c.

I never thought a cp heli could be so stable.

Got everything all set up perfectly, obviously, and can't wait until tomorrow.

Thanks for answering my silly questions, Men, without you I wouldn't of got even close.

I guess the first time I ever tried it in my living room and it backflipped nearly smacking me in the face, it must have been due to a crappy stock Walkera servo.

If anyone is on the fence about buying one of these, trust me, just buy it. I'm stoked.:cheers:cheers:clappp

krobinson103
11-27-2011, 06:41 PM
When you feel up to it take it out and stretch its legs. It really likes to fly high and fast.

Blayd
11-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Another one is hooked!! :thumbup:

damo666
11-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Another one is hooked!! :thumbup:

You're not wrong buddy.

And a HUGE thanks to you for helping me along via PM.

I'm forever grateful for that, Mike.:cheers

hilo69
11-28-2011, 02:32 AM
cee i told you ! she is a sweet flying stabel bird! glad you got her a sorted out,i know the feeling wen first hover ,you cant smack the smile off my face! good luck

damo666
11-28-2011, 08:20 PM
cee i told you ! she is a sweet flying stabel bird! glad you got her a sorted out,i know the feeling wen first hover ,you cant smack the smile off my face! good luck

Been out again with it last night and enjoyed it.

There are some real heavy winds at the moment here in the UK, so it's good fun practicing with it. The heavy gusts and low temperatures are also keeping both brushed motors very cool which is a good thing.

Don't know if my experience with the Lama v4, cb100, 4#6 bell, and a couple of hours on the Honeybee have helped me, but I can hover this thing nearly for a full pack (around 6 mins) and it's only my second flight.

I'm really very impressed with this helicopter and can't help but to grin everytime I look at it.

It also gets a few onlookers, from a distance, when i'm flying it in my local empty car park.

I'm thinking about going brushless with the main. Can anyone suggest the seperate part #s needed for the conversion? I was going to buy the " rtf heli " version, but I reckon there are better options out there.

Regards,

Damian