PDA

View Full Version : Idle 1 and 2 not work

lgalarza
12-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Hi, I put im trex 550 HW 100A , when I change from normal to ST1 or ST2 not change
the RPM. I verify evrithing in the radio and all look fine. I use DX7.

I use in normal 75 % flat
ST 1 90% flat
ST 2 95% flat

Pls if you have idea wwhat is the problem let me know.

Thanks,Luis

superrmario
12-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Make sure your end points are set correct in the ESC. You have to program them before you set your idle one and two.

In normal mode set your tx to 100 in throttle curve on the top point, and 0 on the bottom point. Then go to you ESC program and set it in there.

At this point the ESC will see the actual top and bottom of the left stick. Then adjust your Norm, idle 1 and 2 according to your desired Head Speed

I had the sane issue, common overlook.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk.

lgalarza
12-01-2011, 08:31 AM
My endpoints in the radio are 100%

superrmario
12-01-2011, 11:50 AM
My endpoints in the radio are 100%

Yes, but did you program your ESC to see full up as 100% and full down as 0%?

It may only be programmed so when full up stick is applied its only give 80% of power.

superrmario
12-01-2011, 11:56 AM
See this thread i started a few months back..

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=344199

lgalarza
12-01-2011, 05:31 PM
How I reprogram the esc?

superrmario
12-02-2011, 05:20 AM
How I reprogram the esc?

Follow the directions. If you don't have them, you can download them from their site. You can buy the program card, or do it with your sticks.

Its hard to explain how to program.

kachur779
12-03-2011, 02:25 AM
Follow the directions. If you don't have them, you can download them from their site. You can buy the program card, or do it with your sticks.

Its hard to explain how to program.

i think this is where i screwed up so what u are saying is set esc to default change throttle curve to liner line 0 25 50 75 100 in normal idle 1 idle 2 program your esc and governer mode after thats done change idle 1 or 2 to flat 80 or 100

superrmario
12-03-2011, 10:00 AM
i think this is where i screwed up so what u are saying is set esc to default change throttle curve to liner line 0 25 50 75 100 in normal idle 1 idle 2 program your esc and governer mode after thats done change idle 1 or 2 to flat 80 or 100

You only need to change normal mode it the transmitter, but yes, you are on the right track. As for Governor, i dont know since i do not run one.

One thing that threw me was you need to have throttle hold "armed" so the TX transmits the signal.

kachur779
12-04-2011, 12:41 AM
You only need to change normal mode it the transmitter, but yes, you are on the right track. As for Governor, i dont know since i do not run one.

One thing that threw me was you need to have throttle hold "armed" so the TX transmits the signal.

k thanks i dont no what u mean by throthle hold are u saying hold has to be on while doing this cause it says nothing about this in the instuctions

superrmario
12-04-2011, 09:56 AM
k thanks i dont no what u mean by throthle hold are u saying hold has to be on while doing this cause it says nothing about this in the instuctions

Meaning when you program the ESC, hold needs to be on so it will see 0% and 100% when you move the stick.

When you program the ESC make sure you have 2 motor wires unplugged, or take tail and rotor blades off. Even though programming mode does not arm the motor, it is better safe than sorry.

Inverse
12-04-2011, 07:12 PM
No, hold needs to be off.

superrmario
12-04-2011, 08:18 PM
No, hold needs to be off.

Hold needs to be "Armed", meaning hot, and not safe to move throttle stick unless you are away.

I always get confused with Hold on, hold off. To me, "on" means head is spinning.

Helis4me
12-05-2011, 04:23 AM
I had the same problem before I had to redo my throttle end points in ESC and then it was good.
Just make sure before you redo your end points in ESC have a linear throttle and pitch curves and in travel adjust have +/-100
I had my throttle hold at 0 then adjusted where throttle hold works.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk