PDA

View Full Version : Helicommand HC3-SX and HS-65MG Hitec

KBaksh
12-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Hey guys, I am new at this I am trying to setup Helicommand HC3-SX on a Trex 450 Pro FBL , can I use HS-65MG Hitec for cyclics.
Also how do I set up my DX8 to work with this setup.
Thank you.

ChadL
12-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey guys, I am new at this I am trying to setup Helicommand HC3-SX on a Trex 450 Pro FBL , can I use HS-65MG Hitec for cyclics.
Also how do I set up my DX8 to work with this setup.
Thank you.

The HC3SX does support analog servos so yes, you can use your HS-65s. Before plugging in your servos be sure to specify the servo type as per the manual. The "Set Up" feature within the software is helpful. It's much like the "Set up Wizard" found in Windows. As for setting up a DX8 I will have to defer to Spektrum users as I use a Futaba 8fg.

KBaksh
12-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Thank for the quick response, For ds520 digital servo do I select digital or 760 us tail servo type.

ChadL
12-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Thank for the quick response, For ds520 digital servo do I select digital or 760 us tail servo type.

Digital....DS520 has a pulse width of 1520, not 760. 760 is for servos like the Futaba BLS 251.

CoolHandLuke
12-06-2011, 08:18 PM
so servo's such as the "MKS DS95i tail servo" would fall under the "760 us tail servo type" correct ?

ChadL
12-06-2011, 08:31 PM
so servo's such as the "MKS DS95i tail servo" would fall under the "760 us tail servo type" correct ?

If you're using the DS95i as a tail servo, correct. The DS95i has a pulse width of 760 us.

KBaksh
12-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks guys. I am working on it so I will more questions.

KBaksh
12-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Ok, Here is my setup so far.
1:RC head Servo Type - Analog (HS-65MG)
Tail servo type - 760 us (Futaba S9257)
Type of receiver connection - Spektrum/JR (DX8)
Channel assignment- setup ok (all input works)
2: Diagnose - Aileron, Tail, Elevator and C.Pitch - Stick move correct.
3: Trim -Don't know what to do.
4: Mixer - Mounting set up ok, also Swashplate - Tri (120)
Note: Servo move correct Direction Set up ok in mixer page.

(http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=hitec%20mg%2065&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CE4QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hitecrcd.com%2Fproducts%2Fana log%2Fmicro-mini%2Fhs-65mg.html&ei=wbPgTryeF4X10gG1iNWxBw&usg=AFQjCNFR-oqP6AH0voqi7KDI8QG2nfM-Sw&cad=rja)

KBaksh
12-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Ok Got it set-up, It hover stable, How to tame it down also How do i assign real time tuning I have a dx8. how do i control the head and tail gain.

heli21
12-13-2011, 02:57 PM
how do i control the head and tail gain.You control the head and tail gain using the channels you selected in the channel assign table in the "rc" page. The stock settings are channel 5 for tail gain and channel 7 for head gain. Remember this is with the horizon mode disabled. I setup the gyro menu on my Futaba 8FG to channel 5. That way I can run 3 different tail gains (hooked with my idle up switch). I simply use endpoint adjustment for head gyro gain.

How to tame it down
On the "rigid" page, the agility will control the over all speed of the model, think of this as degrees per second (Roll and Flip Rate). The "initial response" will control how aggressive the model is off center. Although I have never liked expo in the transmitter, some guys find its helpful when learning.

How do i assign real time tuning

Once you get your tail gain dialed in, go to the diagnose page and find the % for tail gyro. Now put that number into the "default gyro gain" on the "tail gyro" page. Now you can go to the "real time tuning" page and select a parameter to change. That parameter will be adjusted through channel 5, or your tail gyro gain channel. I like to set it up on a dial, that way you can land and quickly change the value. Then you can plug your machine into the PC interface and read that value and make the change in the software.

Rob
Helicommand Flight Team

KBaksh
12-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Thank for the respond, My tail is not stable keep bouncing litte movement left to right, I have gear select and gyro channel 5, I keep changing the % on gyro gain but notting happen.

heli21
12-13-2011, 08:18 PM
My tail is not stable keep bouncing litte movement left to right, I have gear select and gyro channel 5, I keep changing the % on gyro gain but notting happen.

Connect your machine to your PC and check the "diagnose page" confirm for me that when you adjust your gain endpoints in your transmitter that it is changing the "tail gyro" in the diagnose page. You can also try using the GY520 Preset on the "tail gyro" page.

Then simply raise your tail gain until your tail starts to wag or shiver, now lower it until it stops. It should be locked in, the X-series is know for one of the best tails on the market.

Rob
Helicommand Flight Team

KBaksh
12-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Yes I can control tail gyro gain, but why does head gyro channel ia 100%