PDA

View Full Version : At what point is a Noob not a Noob?

Pages : 1 [2]

MICHAEL
05-23-2007, 05:09 AM
Flying without thinking :wink:

JayDBaltimore
05-23-2007, 06:12 AM
I prefer nubcake myself.

bdavison
05-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Here's about how I would gauge it.

1. Total Newb - taking those first few steps learning how to hover inches off the ground with training gear.
2. Intermediate Newb - Working on stable hover , tail in, side in, nose in.
3. Advanced Newb - First forward flight, figure 8's, circles, piroettes etc.
4. Intermediate - FF, figure 8's, circles, piroettes, first inverted flight.
5. Advanced - TicTocs, Piro flips, and other 3D maneuvers.

Basically....once you've gotten your heli inverted successfully...you are definatly no longer a newb.

Buzzkill
05-23-2007, 09:19 AM
YA !! I'm an advanced Newb !! Not sure thats a good thing though :wink:

Funky
05-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Hmmm.... good question. I have been flying for a year this month. I have a couple of nitro and electric helis and I can do mild 3d, some sloppy inverted, etc.. but I still consider myself somewhat of a newbie. There are so many things about helis I still don't know as well as tons of 3d moves to learn. I learn new things all the time on this forum and I still have plenty of questions.

I think once you can fly all orientations upright and inverted with complete comfort you are no longer a newbie... but no matter how good you are, there is always more to learn.

Rick McWilliams
05-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Noob is not a degrading label. It just means that you are especially receptive to learning more and flying and building better. Perhaps we never get completely past the noob stage. I am still getting used to Freak having a good connotation.

sambogosse
05-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Flying without thinking :wink:

Yeah, I agree with that one. I would'nt base this on the tricks you are able to do. It's simply when you can easily fly (even simple translate) while you can freely talk to a buddy who is next to you (that is you do not need to get all your concentration on your flight) then you're not a noob anymore.