PDA

View Full Version : Backward drift with 3GX

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

bad007
05-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, the problem is v2.0 doesn't have swash return speed (unless that's the same as Swash level speed).
Sorry, that's what I ment. I didn't like it that slow and any vibes at all just delayed leveling out even more. My swash level speed is 58 and 60.

malc1
05-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Flew my 700e today with a V Bar fitted after removing my 3GX - wonderful experience.

bad007
05-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Flew my 700e today with a V Bar fitted after removing my 3GX - wonderful experience.
LMAO, I installed Vbar on my velocity after running 2.0. 2.0 was real twitchy and had to be calmed down, after that extreemly agile and responsive and like on rails. Installed vbar, now to docile even with the style and agility bars tweeked and actually miss the 3GX outside of the gov that wan't work @#$%$

malc1
05-06-2012, 09:07 AM
That's not the usual experiance for a V Bar - is it?

Mikka_
05-06-2012, 09:15 AM
I think a lot of people would agree that if it wasn't for the backwards drifting issue the 3gx does fly really well.

malc1
05-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Yeah I agree it flew very nicely indeed - just couldn't be bothered to spend any more time trying to tweek it to sort out this issue.

bad007
05-06-2012, 09:37 AM
I think a lot of people would agree that if it wasn't for the backwards drifting issue the 3gx does fly really well.
I had no backward drift period and hands off hover until a gust came along. In the beginning I did had drift bit discovered the elev rod needed adjusted and swash releveled along with developing a better mechanical setup technique.
OK, I have 4 FBL and flew all of them, installed the vbar on one and flew nothing but vbar for a couple of weeks and then got the others out,,,, WOW the others, 3GX and 3G woke me up from the slumber I slipped into flying the vbar that was so docile. My 550 3G about made me jump right out of my shoes when I got into it,, it was so much more lively that the vbar and with 2.0 in the 3GX units they smoke the vbar in cyclic responce hands down and all I did was raise the swash return speed to 58 and 60 on the 3GX and everything else default. All ya and the vbar couldn't handle the vibes from my nitro like the 3GX did, even mounted in the same spot. Just setting on the bench the vbar sensed the servo buzz and rolled the swash all over the place just setting there and to piss with remounting it.

malc1
05-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah must admit I also had a problem using a standard black sensor on my 700N and ended up getting a Blueline set up to be able to cope with the vibes from the motor.

I think they are just about to bring out a even better sensor soon.

I wasn't even planning to swap out my 3GX if it was 100% - I did like how it flew.

bad007
05-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Yeah must admit I also had a problem using a standard black sensor on my 700N and ended up getting a Blueline set up to be able to cope with the vibes from the motor.

I think they are just about to bring out a even better sensor soon.

I wasn't even planning to swap out my 3GX if it was 100% - I did like how it flew.

Check this, It calmed the vibes right down

ReadyToCrash
05-08-2012, 05:43 PM
i'm trying to use a 3gx on a trex600esp, but i can't make the heli fly stable.
i'm now using v1.2 after having tried v2.0 with no results. decided to downgrade to 1.3 because that's how i flew a 550 a few months ago with very good results, but not now.
the tail is not good, kind of twitchy. sometimes when i give some rudder the heli turns, but tilts a little too.
also when in ff the heli seems to nod in the air.
very very weird behaviour i must say.
initially i thought the heli had some vibration, but now i'm not that sure of that. i have a replica of this trex600esp with a beastx and it flies very very good.
suggestions, please.

espressonik
05-09-2012, 03:08 AM
try swapping the 3GX for the Beastx and see if that solves the problem, if it does- sell the 3GX and buy another beastx. failing the above check your set up and try lowering the gain.

Madryan
05-09-2012, 03:18 AM
Ihave that axact tail twitch in my V1.2 3GX .....on a nitro that is.. i thought it was teh servo.. i can pir gently one way but after i stap and hover it kicks out randomly ....thats not a vibration correction its almost liek a mjor overshot in the control setpoint on teh gain for teh rudder...nothing we have control of in the software.. i have changed teh servo to a high speed 760ns .04 servo and will try fly it again ... i am wondering if theres also a common demnominator with servos too.. what servos are peopel typically having issues with ? also is that twitch happening in AVCS mode or normal mode..mine happens in AVCS mode...

Cheers ....

timtim9882
05-20-2012, 08:49 PM
HelihoverAP,

What! You set peoples helis up that carelessly? What LHS, just for future reference.
Mechanical set up IS critical for a good flying hel, especially with 3GX, yeh you mat get it to fly, but not fly good.

oliskippy
05-24-2012, 04:15 AM
Well, just want to give a feedback on my T-Rex 500 that saw 3 different flybarless modules:

- First the 3G, a bit disappointing but with v3 and (annoying) tuning, flew well

- Then, I purchased a 600efl and the 3GX went on the T-Rex 500. Hoped will be better. v2 and some tuning, not happy, worse than 3G: backward drift, drifts laterally during half loops, noses up after a fowrward roll, like 3G, despite tuning and exact same hardware settings than with 3G.

- Replaced all with the AR7200 (BeastX). I refused to do it first because I was persuaded 3G(X) can do it, but finally I gave up... I do not regret it, sorry 3G(X), but BeasX is another world.

HeliAxe
05-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Well, just want to give a feedback on my T-Rex 500 that saw 3 different flybarless modules:

- First the 3G, a bit disappointing but with v3 and (annoying) tuning, flew well

- Then, I purchased a 600efl and the 3GX went on the T-Rex 500. Hoped will be better. v2 and some tuning, not happy, worse than 3G: backward drift, drifts laterally during half loops, noses up after a fowrward roll, like 3G, despite tuning and exact same hardware settings than with 3G.

- Replaced all with the AR7200 (BeastX). I refused to do it first because I was persuaded 3G(X) can do it, but finally I gave up... I do not regret it, sorry 3G(X), but BeasX is another world.

"another world" couldn't" have said it better myself... :clap

nitro burner
05-24-2012, 05:08 PM
"another world" couldn't" have said it better myself... :clap

I been running the Beast in one of my 700s for sometime now and all i can say is i love it, had plans on getting one for my other 700 but picked up a 3GX a few days ago got a good deal on it. I wired it much like i did my Beast X on my other 700, i then worked my mechanical setup to make as perfect as i cound did the electric setup and was either lucky or i got a good unit. Either way it does pertty good no drift. I did tweak it a little but not a lot. I going to the field again this weekend and see how it really flys. :peace
http://www.helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=319291&stc=1&d=133789576

Daddy B
05-24-2012, 07:35 PM
For all the Align-bashing I read, amazingly, I fly my Trex 500 and 550 FBLs every. single. day. without fail or issue. Sorry for all of the bad luck, but if you love Beastx so much, go over to their forums. The incessant Align bashing is incessant. I cannot imagine any device that is easier to set up and does a better job than my 3gxs. Since all of yours are junk, PM me and I will be glad to take them off your hands for free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MatsSweden
05-25-2012, 02:17 PM
For all the crying I read about the 3gx, amazingly, I fly my Trex 500 and 550 FBLs every. single. day. without fail or issue. Sorry for all of the bad luck, but if you love Beastx so much, go over to their forums. The incessant whining is incessant. I cannot imagine any device that is easier to set up and does a better job than my 3gxs. Since all of yours are junk, PM me and I will be glad to take them off your hands for free.

Well Mr bushwacker B,
Good to know it's working good for you, but please do understand that there is a problem with these units.
I have three that I'll happily sell to you.
I read these threads out of curiosity, however, I went over to v-bars on all my seven birds and enjoy FLYING them, instead of tweaking them.

Daddy B
05-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Well Mr bushwacker B,
Good to know it's working good for you, but please do understand that there is a problem with these units.
I read these threads out of curiosity, however, I went over to v-bars on all my seven birds and enjoy FLYING them, instead of tweaking them.

I have no doubt that they have some problems, but "get the Beastx" is not an acceptable answer in the 3gx forum. The 3gx comes with very poorly written instructions, and that may be a source of problems, as it was for me in the beginning. I would dare to say /gulp/ that many of the problems come from shoddy building skills, including poor balancing, binding issues, and servo setup. It is not for a noob or for a first time build, in most cases.

I do not mean to offend, but "get a Beastx or vbar" is spam. If that is all you have to offer here, and no help setting up the 3gx, then you really aren't helping. You are only fueling hysteria.

I really don't understand the tweaking vs flying comment. I have had to make zero adjustments to mine since my initial build. I enjoy the adjustability that the 2.0 software and firmware have to offer.

Bking1340
05-26-2012, 12:33 PM
I also feel that the 3gx or any fbl system are not the best choice for a newbie

nitro burner
05-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Guys, I like the 3GX easy to tune, I also like my beast, But with the deal i got on the 3GX this thing rocks. I put three flights on it just to work out the roll rate and the feel i was wanting. Plus three more flights i had changed fuels and was retuning my engine after that i was done.

The tail held very well, and it did a very good job. Tracked well the unit has a good feel, no bad suprises and was no more work then any other FBL unit i used. I do want to try a few different sets of blades just to see how thay fly with the heli how just for fun.

You may ask why did you do your wiring the way it shows in the picture, The way it is wired there is no real amp load on the unit it self just the control signal coming from the 3GX to the servos the amps/volts are coming for the Rx the servos. I know it may be a little over the top and not needed but gives me piece of mine, plus i been running the same setup on the unit in the pic now for sometime with a problem.
Time will tell but for now i like the 3GX with v2.0.

ReadyToCrash
05-26-2012, 05:20 PM
3gx is really a mystery.
some guys are lucky and almost have no issues at all with the unit.
others can't have a single decent flight.

Daddy B
05-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Sorry, I toned down my response some. I did look like "Mr. bushwacker B" as someone so correctly stated.

bad007
05-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Well Mr bushwacker B,
LMAO, So the 3GX needs a good setup, big deal, so auto trim fixes ya up A?
I look off a 3gx and installed a vbar, OMG to docile, the life got sucked out of my helli and have been tweeking ever since. No drift with the 3GX or vbar and didn't run auto trim either. Vbar forum is blasted with crashes from cyclic ring out of range, sensor faults and tons of ant switching errors and crashes, and the sensor doesn't like any vibes at all, peroid. 3GX is way fatser to run threw setup, the only down fall is no bluetooth yet and mechanical setup must be perfect. If your in a warm enviroment just take the helli and TX out of the air conditioned house and let it acculumate before running setup, the TX is all plastic and everything moves with it warms or cools. All my FBL units will show right and back cyclic input after the TX is out in the heat in the gui and have had to rerun setup all all of them.

ReadyToCrash
05-26-2012, 08:32 PM
LMAO, So the 3GX needs a good setup, big deal, so auto trim fixes ya up A?
I look off a 3gx and installed a vbar, OMG to docile, the life got sucked out of my helli and have been tweeking ever since. No drift with the 3GX or vbar and didn't run auto trim either. Vbar forum is blasted with crashes from cyclic ring out of range, sensor faults and tons of ant switching errors and crashes, and the sensor doesn't like any vibes at all, peroid. 3GX is way fatser to run threw setup, the only down fall is no bluetooth yet and mechanical setup must be perfect. If your in a warm enviroment just take the helli and TX out of the air conditioned house and let it acculumate before running setup, the TX is all plastic and everything moves with it warms or cools. All my FBL units will show right and back cyclic input after the TX is out in the heat in the gui and have had to rerun setup all all of them.

bad, when are you posting a video on youtube about your mechanical setup that fixes 3gx backwards drift?