PDA

View Full Version : Hello from AZ

probullydog
12-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Hey guys,

I live out in Peoria Arizona.

I am pretty new to heli's. I currently have a MCX2 and a Blade 120 SR. The SR is going back to Horizon with tail motor issues(:arggg:). I have done plenty of racing with cars both nitro and electric. I also had a stint with 3D Foamies on the plane side.

I am looking to pick up a 500 or 600 sized heli. I was originally looking at the 450 size but was advised by a friend who fly's a lot to go 500-700 size. 500 was the smallest he suggested. I am not sure what size I will get yet but plan on spending a ton of time in the simulator before I retrain my brain on a real heli. Any suggestions?

I used the Aurora 9 when I did the plane stuff. I liked the radio but sold it with all of my plane stuff. Looking to get a Futaba T8... I know all to well about Spektrum with some of my airplane buddies...

I have already started watching Finless Bob's videos....

willlig756
12-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Sounds like you are headed the right route. That's great. As far as sims check out real flight 6 or Phoenix. Both are really good. The futaba 8fg is great. You will enjoy it. Welcome to HeliFreak

MarkH
12-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Welcome to Helifreak. I'm sure you;ll find most folks will say start with the biggest heli you can afford to fly and crash. A 500 size is a good place to start, but don't hesitate to go 450 if that's what the budget allows. I've owned a Trex 500 in the past, very nice all around helicopter. Phoenix is a great sim to have. I'm a JR guy so can't comment on Futaba only because I don't know anything about the radio. I live in the far SE part of town, so don't know where they fly out where your at, but there are a couple of local events you should try to make coming up.

http://www.rccraze.com/azfestival/index.htm

http://www.phoenixfunfly.com/

jackw
12-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Hi probullydog, I just started flying helis last month. I'm in Surprise, and hope to learn this before I crash too much. Have a good day.