PDA

View Full Version : Dragonus Canopy fitment

ShotgunTC88
05-27-2007, 01:57 AM
:arggg:

Man is there any way to use the 2200mah lipo in the per manuel battery tray?

I don't fly 3D and would like to get that sucker to fit up.

If not, Do's anyone know a canopy that WOULD fit with room to spare?

Much thanks guy's

Shotgun

Coolice
05-27-2007, 06:24 AM
Hey,

Which canopy are you using, the Elite plastic item or the PRO's carbon version?
On my Elite I have a little struggle fitting in a new 1800mah Over-Tec LiPo which I am testing, it will go in but the canopy is a tight fit.

In another forum some guys have constructed an angled battery tray for the Dragonus which I feel I may also do in time, as it will allow better and safe fitting to keep clear of the motor.

Here's a picture which will give you an idea : http://www.runryder.com/fastphoto/49603/Dragonous_006-4588.jpg

I'm trying to remember now if I recall hearing the manufacturer is bringing something out to fix this or not. But I dont know for sure.

ShotgunTC88
05-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Thanks Cool,

I just have the basic Dragonus II

I finally got it to fit after MUCH moving stuff around :)

Shotgun

Coolice
05-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey,

Your welcome.

Yeah I must admit, with the battery where it is it certainly doesn't allow for much in the way of positioning. As I mentioned from what others have done it's a great idea and one I fancy copying, but I am supposed to show the model stock and so want to keep it that way.

The good thing about the Dragonus, much like the lesser Trex models as well is that as you go along you can upgrade if the desire takes you. This is what I like and have done so with my Century Swift as time has passed.
With Century not having a model in this size catagory I jumped at the chance to have one of these Dragonus's for my fleet and so far I love it. I will do things lower with than I will with the Swift as it's cheaper to repair :lol: