PDA

View Full Version : Sab Goblin New news

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Luisito
02-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I ordered mine the 13 of January. Where are you all getting your numbers on the list from? I would love to know where on the list my order is.

Luis

Mystic3D
02-10-2012, 08:41 PM
I ordered mine the 13 of January. Where are you all getting your numbers on the list from? I would love to know where on the list my order is.

Luis

I ordered mine 10-22 and I am #45. You can email HD and ask.

scoti333
02-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Got the same. Two things you should all realise if you don't already:

1. When SAB posted they were sending 100 demo units, they did not really mean demo. It was a bad translation. The 100 they are sending out are for their dealers to fulfil pre-orders.

So your saying the 100 'demo's' or alot of them went to HeliDirect? Hope so, cause I'm #1!

OnTheSnap
02-10-2012, 09:31 PM
My understanding is HeliDirect gets the first batch shipment on Feb 27. Then ships to us. So none of us in the US sees anything until then.

Next batch is 4 weeks after that.

jhheli
02-10-2012, 09:32 PM
#3 and the 100 did not go to helidirect

bobloblaw
02-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Yeah, when I wrote that the 100 are shipping out to their dealers I did not meant they're shipping 100 out to HD.

scoti333
02-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Yeah, when I wrote that the 100 are shipping out to their dealers I did not meant they're shipping 100 out to HD.

That's what I understood, but I misinterpreted your earlier post.. Does anyone know for a fact if helidirect is shipping the first batch in order?

Mystic3D
02-10-2012, 10:59 PM
That's what I understood, but I misinterpreted your earlier post.. Does anyone know for a fact if helidirect is shipping the first batch in order?

Hmm. Would not ship till the balance is paid, so not sure how they would deal with that. So if #45 pays before #1 then??

bobloblaw
02-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Having worked in sales and distribution for many years now I can confidently say that it's unlikely they will mess with the order of shipping vs ordering. Payment upfront will always trump the order though. I would expect they will start at number one, check for payment, if its not there make an effort to contact the buyer then move on. How long a unit stays on hold for someone that hasn't payed and is not contactable is a hard decision to make. However, it's very unlikely they will play favourites or do any other type of queue re-ordering as it just adds to the logistics complications and ultimately causes more work and more cost.
There's two reasons I paid up front when I ordered. To make sure my place in the queue was cemented and because I would have spent the $1k on other crap by now!

Thunder Fighter
02-11-2012, 06:01 AM
1. When SAB posted they were sending 100 demo units, they did not really mean demo. It was a bad translation. The 100 they are sending out are for their dealers to fulfil pre-orders

I think SAB clarified they were full production versions but limitted numbers to each dealer to use as demonstration units before the bulk shipping before the end of the month. I think it will be up to each dealer to work out if they have enough to fill any pre-orders or only enough to use as demo units. I think the Dealer out here posted that he had one coming before the bulk order arrives.

//Dennis.

jamin_00
02-11-2012, 06:50 AM
I ordered 2 in the middle of October. Wonder where I am on the list?

scoti333
02-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Hmm. Would not ship till the balance is paid, so not sure how they would deal with that. So if #45 pays before #1 then??

Yea... But they took my money already!

rexxigpilot
02-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Yea... But they took my money already!

Did you prepay in full? If not, you should have to wait until all fully paid are shipped. I do think it was wrong for HD to do a partial charge for preorders. You either prepay or don't. That's how RH is doing it with the Xxtreme. PS, you have to use your phone.

I paid in full for this very reason, and because of what bobloblaw said. Actually I spent almost 2K more excluding the kit cost on batts, ESC, FBL system and motor alone. I already had my servos.

scoti333
02-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Did you prepay in full? If not, you should have to wait until all fully paid are shipped. I do think it was wrong for HD to do a partial charge for preorders. You either prepay or don't. That's how RH is doing it with the Xxtreme. PS, you have to use your phone.

I paid in full for this very reason, and because of what bobloblaw said. Actually I spent almost 2K more excluding the kit cost on batts, ESC, FBL system and motor alone. I already had my servos.

Yea I paid in full alright. Had everything left over from my Shape so I already have all the electronics. Can't wait.

jody
02-13-2012, 02:56 PM
I think outside of europe we may see full production units in very small quantities hit distribtors/dealers first so that they can (if needed be used for Demo purposes), probably by priority airfreight etc, followed by the mass volume to the distributers for the general public. However we shall see how it unfolds....

Choppedlow
02-13-2012, 03:06 PM

Good point. I'm going to call today and see if I can pay in full instead of the small deposit. He said he had 60 coming and was going to notify me a few days before to let me know to have the funds ready ect... I'd rather pay the balance and not worry about it. Sad that they had to break up the initial shipment. BTW, does anyone know if they are going to be shipped with a few pinions or just the one? I ended up with an HKIII 4035-500 and have no idea what one I'd need. having 19T to 26T is a lot of options.

CNCjunkie
02-13-2012, 04:31 PM
#13 for me. So far I've received fantastic service and communications from HeliDirect. Could not be happier ( except if I had a Goblin on the bench).

Same here, and Larry is always prompt at replying to email. #26

gww528
02-13-2012, 04:41 PM
+1 good service with Helidirect #122

McCollister911
02-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Choppedlow. Do you mean that HD says they are only getting 60. He told me that I'd be in the first batch and I'm #78

emoe
02-13-2012, 08:30 PM
For those of us who were early enough to have our names put on the canopy I don't think it matters if we paid in full or put a deposit on it....We are gettin em when they arrive...:)

Choppedlow
02-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Choppedlow. Do you mean that HD says they are only getting 60. He told me that I'd be in the first batch and I'm #78

Not HeliDirect. I was going to be in line for the third batch so I did some snooping around. I heard a rumor that the Caribbean had a distributor so I did a little research and low and behold, they advertise on RRyder and I think here. They were right on SAB's distributor page as well. RCgalore.net or org or whatever. He has 60 coming and of last monday he still had 12 left. So I ordered a few. He might still have some left and I'm sure some people will back out. If anyone still is hell bent on getting a first batch Goblin, give him a call. Or email him and he will call you back. Guy is cool as it gets. He will ship for free to the US mainland.

Update. Just looked at his page (rcgalore.net) and he says he still has a limited number available from the first batch. Imagine that. Everyone scrambling to get in line, and you make a few clicks and your ready to get yours the fourth week of February. Isn't the internet a heck of a place!

Mixmaster Pilot
02-13-2012, 10:22 PM
For those of us who were early enough to have our names put on the canopy I don't think it matters if we paid in full or put a deposit on it....We are gettin em when they arrive...:)

Or someone has a funny story to tell when people ask "why is your heli called George" :lol:

Thunder Fighter
02-14-2012, 01:12 AM
The latest update we have is that the first shipment of heli's that will cover all of the preorders in Oz will ship at the end of this week. :-)

//Dennis.

jhheli
02-17-2012, 06:58 AM
I just saw they are making Goblin caps (hats). I also heard that Bert is flying the 770 now.

eddiscus
02-17-2012, 10:45 AM
I also heard that Bert is flying the 770 now

Why not, the 700 is old news. :lol: