PDA

View Full Version : JR 9303 setup for G3

Boatless
12-26-2004, 10:33 PM
I did successfully configure my JR 9303 to work in G3 (unlike G2). It works for planes only. For Heli's my throttle stick changes the pitch, but no throttle (motor) control.
I went thru the manual calibration and all appears OK.

Suggestions...

Pete Niotis
12-27-2004, 05:09 AM
Boatless...

Vitek should be on here soon to help you with your heli/9303 issue. I am only using the Interlink Controller that comes with it so I have no experience yet with trying to run a real TX. I will try this with my 9Chp some time this week.

vitek
12-27-2004, 10:24 AM
This is one area of the software that I don't have any experience. We did test with a variety of transmitters, I was just not involved in that process. I believe that I know what the problem is, but I am feeling around in the dark as I don't have a JR transmitter around the house.

If you go to the servo monitor screen in your radio, does the throttle channel move with the throttle stick? It most definitely should, and I am going to assume that it does.

If you go to the Aircraft | Edit [Helicopter] menu item, you should see the aircraft editor dialog. You should see an entry titled Software Radio in the tree view on the left. Expand the Software Radio item and then select the Radio Display item below.

If all is well, you should see the Transmitter CH 3 (Left Stick Vertical) value change as you move the throttle stick on your transmitter. You should also see Radio Output CH 3 (throttle) and Radio Output CH 6 (pitch) changing.

Let me know what you see and we'll continue from there. This may be easier to solve over the telephone. If you want, send me your phone number in a PM and I'll call you when I finish up the honey-do list.

Travis

Boatless
12-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Thanks Vitek.
I did not know about the radio setting inside the Aircraft/Heli edit features.
Some of the throttle setting were being controlled by channels 7 & 8 along with Channel 3. These additional settings were negating the channel 3 input.
Now I am fightong w/radio control of the gyro gain, but I'm working on it.

Give me a few evenings, and MAYBE I can post all the required settings for a good 9303 heli configuration.

The only major input from this radio that seems to be totally ignored are the dual-rate switches.

Thanks again, Paul

vitek
12-28-2004, 12:13 AM
Some of the throttle setting were being controlled by channels 7 & 8 along with Channel 3. These additional settings were negating the channel 3 input.

With the interlink transmitter, these would be the idle up and throttle hold inputs. There should be three inputs for the throttle channel. The first input is the Left Stick Vertical, which is the normal mode throttle input. There is the throttle hold input, which is activated with the upper right switch, and then there is the idle up input, which is activated with the upper left switch.

Travis

vitek
12-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Also, I should mention, there is an option to completely disable the software radio. That option can be found by selecting the helicopter name in the component tree of the aircraft editor.

If you do that, there will be no software radio and all of the programming comes from your transmitter.

Travis