PDA

View Full Version : MQX indoor flight and night rig

trainwreck
01-21-2012, 01:34 AM
At the end of the video I show a short second flight after I made it a night rig with Led's. It's not a helicopter but sure is fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phvgs1VvYv4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

tntburnett
01-21-2012, 01:45 AM
At the end of the video I show a short second flight after I made it a night rig with Led's. It's not a helicopter but sure is fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phvgs1VvYv4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I am uploading my mqx led lights now :).

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my NextBook Droid Tablet

trainwreck
01-21-2012, 01:56 AM

Be blessed
Isaac

Looking forward to seeing your color choice and set up

tntburnett
01-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Looking forward to seeing your color choice and set up

Its nothing really just red and white but it is could of nice how they blink together then separately.

Be blessed
Isaac

Nytflyer
01-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Wow cool vid!:thumbup: How are you guys flipping this thing? Sorry for the stupid question but I have never flown a quad.

Do you just push elevator or aileron to one direction untill it comes over the top?

Happy flying :peace

WNCmotard
01-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Nice vid trainwreck, is that a shopping mall or hobby shop by chance?

trainwreck
01-21-2012, 07:17 PM
It's a blade mQx ( hobby shop quad) from horizon.

As far as flips and rolls you pretty much just jam the sticks.

tntburnett
01-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Wow cool vid!:thumbup: How are you guys flipping this thing? Sorry for the stupid question but I have never flown a quad.

Do you just push elevator or aileron to one direction untill it comes over the top?

Happy flying :peace

Yeap just push it over but get up high when you do it.

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

WNCmotard
01-22-2012, 01:48 AM
It's a blade mQx ( hobby shop quad) from horizon.

As far as flips and rolls you pretty much just jam the sticks.

I know what the heli is, I'm waiting on mine to arrive. :rotf I meant where you were flying at.

Nytflyer
01-22-2012, 02:12 AM
Yeap just push it over but get up high when you do it.

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks I will give it a try!

trainwreck
01-22-2012, 03:01 AM
I know what the heli is, I'm waiting on mine to arrive. :rotf I meant where you were flying at.

Haha Ohhh got it. It's s hobby shop RcDepot aka flyhelirus.com

skipper1
01-22-2012, 07:48 AM
My MQX will be here Monday with extra batteries. Does this thing come with lights? I don't see them on the Horizon Hobby web. Is this an option? If so which lights, how do you install them? Anything else I can't think of to ask?

bruuuuce
01-22-2012, 06:04 PM
No it doesn't come with lights, look up the cx2 heli and then look at parts for it and you will see the lights I think he used, they aren't bolt on, you have to make them work. Would like to see a write up on adding the lights, I think it would be helpful.

You will love the mqx

skipper1
01-22-2012, 06:14 PM
I have extra cx2 lights and thought that's what they might be, however, mcx2 only has 3 lights where as the ones I've seen have 4, 2 red and 2 white so it has to be a different light system.
I'd like to see some of the more experienced people show how it's all done too.

trainwreck
01-22-2012, 11:02 PM
No it doesn't come with lights, I modded mine with the aero LED light strips. I had to de-solder each individual LED and then re-solder them on. The lights come with a sticky tape backing which I cut into 4 pieces per pod.

I then took similar wire as the mcpx tail boom wiring and heated it up (you can also sand it) to get rid of the tint to make a solid connection. Each pod is wired and soldered in parallel which meets in the middle where I put on the female battery connector from the mcpx to connect to the stock mcpx 1s battery to power the lights.

The battery is mounted on the sensor with double sided tape. The lights are permant!

esmoglo
01-25-2012, 08:56 AM

Be blessed
Isaac

Isaac,

Very nice thatís the idea I had for mine but I just want front lights for orientation, good job, and great idea. I think itís just a matter of time before there is a kit made for the MQX. My idea was to make an adaptor that would plug into the battery terminal. You would plug it in the JXT plug on the MQX then plug your pack in. This would be easy to remove and install no soldering required now I need to find LEDís that would work for my idea/applicationÖ. Any ideas?