PDA

View Full Version : Compass Motor Shaft

Magnazan
01-29-2012, 02:31 AM
Finished building the 6HV and took it out for it's maiden today. SOOOOO much power. Anyway started going through the usual tests and threw a flip. As the heli was inverted the head speed died like I'd gone in to normal so I hit hold and autoed, no damage love the hang time.

I got it home and pulled the motor, thinking it maybe the motor pinion, nope turns out it was the shaft in the can. I can actually pull the whole thing out!!!

Question is, can I just loctite the shaft back in to the can or is it actually faulty?

Larry227
01-29-2012, 11:16 AM
I haven't had my motor apart yet but was under the impression that the shaft is a press fit in the can. If it was loose enough to come out on it's own I'm not sure I would trust Loctite to hold it unless I was desperate to fly and had no other option.
Is this a brand new motor?

Larry227
01-29-2012, 11:18 AM
If you don't get warranty on it you could also try this trick (http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=353350)and see if the other end fits tighter.

snaaakeey
01-29-2012, 05:06 PM
That should be an interference fit! If you can pull it out by hand it been manufactured wrong and you should send it back! I had to press my shaft out on a drill press! Defo wrong!

Magnazan
01-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Good to know. Now awaiting on support :/