PDA

View Full Version : 6100 failed after 2 minutes??

mrchris42
06-11-2007, 12:56 PM
During setup (OK it was a plane..) of my 6100 RX using a ThunderBird 18 plugged into the throttle channel the RX died. Now plugging in the BEC/ESC to the BAT port on the RX is the only way it will power up, any other port the RX will just blink once and then no light. At least I wasn't flying...
Anyone else have this problem??

mrchris42
06-13-2007, 02:01 AM
Took it back to the hobby shop and we messed with it for a while. Plugging in a RX pack to the various ports and having the light blink once then go out on all but the BAT port. Then all of a sudden the only port that worked was the Elevator port. Then all of a sudden all ports will power the RX once again, and everything is now working again
This sucker is getting a LONG bench test before flying. Now I'm wondering if it was the ESC causing the problems?? :dontknow

DavidH
06-13-2007, 07:31 AM
If you suspect the ESC and your powering the electronics with a BEC circuit. I would suggest powering the RX and servos with a separate battery to eliminate the BEC causing any problems.

David

mrchris42
06-15-2007, 10:50 AM
OK maybe this is all operator error/misunderstanding... I figured out that the RX will not connect to the TX while the TX is in setup mode. I think that I power cycled the RX while I was messing with the mixing menu and then the RX would not come back up online. And I now realize that the RX only blinks (rapidly) when power is plugged into the (Battery pack or BEC/ESC) BAT port OR when power is plugged in anywhere else and the binding plug is in the BAT port. It will not blink during normal power up with the BEC plugged into the throttle channel, but will be dark, then solid on once it's connected to the TX. Some instructions included for the 6100 RX in the Spektrum TX/RX/Servo package might be nice!!! 4 flights in and no problems :smokin: ---OF course this icon may illustrate exactly why my mind doesn't work so well anymore --- :smokin:
:roll:

Danal Estes
06-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Hmmm....

Blinking indicates it's trying to bind. If it does this with your ESC plugged in the BATT port, this might indicate your ESC connector is "acting like" a bind plug. Could explain a lot...

Perhaps avoid the BATT port entirely (except when intentionally binding)?