PDA

View Full Version : Blade's in need of sharpening?

Daveronline
06-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Well i am a newbie 4 sure. I have a Blade CX2 and I have gotten real good with it. I have hopped it up and i continue to get better. I just bought a CP pro with the advice of my local Hobbie store. I have read the manual and I have a good center of gravity but when I start to lift off I can not get it to hover it is to unstable. The manual says I need to hover it to make tuning adjustments.

Am I going at this wrong? Is there tuning I can do that will let me make it a little more mild till I get the hang of it?

With my Cx2 I pop the throttle and away I go. If I do this with the pro she immediately goes out of control and well yep lands it's self, not pretty.

Also Is there reading I can do to learn more about Heli's terms and tip's. Eventually tricks and how there done?

Thanks 4 any help.... :arggg:

txflyer
06-11-2007, 07:16 PM
if you follow what this guy says to the T no cutting corners im 95% sure you will be really close to hovering out a full pack tail in. but you cannot cheat. i followed this for the first 10 packs on my pro. inside of 15 packs i was tail in hovering a whole pack..i also did the 10 packs in 3 days

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/pre-Flight.html

you need to make sure head is setup correct. you want the swash plate level at mid stick, you also want your blades to be at 0 degress of pitch at mid stick..id stay out of idle up till hvoering doesnt require much thought..also fly bar paddels at equal distance from the flybar cage on both sides. throw on 1 flybar weight on each side pressed up next to the stock ones. theres more but im brain dead..

also get your hands on a gws edp5xc motor and gws 3020 press on prop. but the battery pack should be your first upgrade. thunder power 910ma 3s packs are good for 3d with alittle extra run time..for learning the thunder power 3s 1320ma packs give good run time. but you need a new charger and balanceer. the celtra charger will get the job done, and the astro flight blink balancer with the thunder power adapter is a cheap route.

Daveronline
06-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the help! I am told that the CP pro is a hard heli to learn cp on. But I have it now so I will learn. I will read that article and follow it to the tee!

eddo22
06-12-2007, 01:32 AM
i agree with tx, radd's school and a set of flybar weights.

txflyer
06-12-2007, 01:58 AM
i love noticing my progression, i used to lift off real slow and kinda linger just above the ground. now i i lift off pretty quick str8 head height.

one other thing once your hovering.. when its time to set the bird. i dont let my self land just anywhere to end the pack. i have a 2ft x 3ft patch of dirt that land and take off on. if i come in and get out of line with the pad i lift off and do it over again.unless the pack is the reason why your coming down. then aslong as i am close i dont get to mad. after flybar weights and honestly before you start the flying school. you need to get a head holding gyro.. the g90 plus the tp packs. will make learning way way easyer.

Daveronline
06-12-2007, 04:52 AM
Where are you getting these parts is there some where online?

Kindling Maker
06-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Helihobby has them and so does hobbyzone. I was told the same thing from my local hobby store owner. As you did I fould out later that the CPP is a real handful, dont get discouraged, and Keep at it. The Plasti-blades from JCS hobbies do a good job of slowing the machine down to a controlable speed, but if you put them on dont hit things. The plastiblades DO NOT give like the wood blades do, all the energy is transfered to the machine and instead of just blades you are replacing other things, like spindle shafts, and main shafts, and tail booms. I am new to the Hobby also but the guys here are Great for helping us F.N.G.'s out. Just ask and they will answer.