PDA

View Full Version : Cyclic Servo Help?

kerusso924
02-10-2012, 10:25 AM
I could use some help choosing cyclic servos for my B450. Im using a Corona DS-939MG for my tail servo because thats what my LHS guy suggested when the stock tail servo went out. It seems to work great. Do I need to stick with all corona are is there something better I could use for cyclic? Thanks in advance!

FuntanaS
02-10-2012, 12:26 PM
You don't need to use Corona servos on the swash if you don't want. The only requirement is you need to keep the 3 cyclic servos the same.
I use the stock servos on mine which work perfect for me but a lot of people go to Hitec servos.

buddha2490
02-10-2012, 06:17 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with the cyclic servos except they have cheap plastic gears that strip easily. The gears aren't hard to replace, and very cheap, just sort of a PITA.

If you find a good deal on the hitec servos, they are more durable, but I don't think they work any better than the stock cyclics.

Manzooka
02-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Just purchased several hitec HS65MG's for my cyclics and a 5084 for my tail. There are some clear pluses and minuses here but there's a lot of info on these servos serving in this capacity on the 450 3d.

jdFin
02-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Full concurrance. I have HS65MGs on my heli, but they don't "perform" any better, they just make it so I don't have to think about servos when I hit the ground other-than-planned.