PDA

View Full Version : Flew it for the first time - Awesome....

fuzion
02-11-2012, 11:16 AM
yes this heli is sooooo nice with the 3gx!!! going from an mcpx to this. it feels so much easier!!! even tho i think i didnt set it up correctly, i had to trim to the left and front a little bit. at take off it was going right and back. probably a bad swashplate setup not completly horizontal at 0 pitch. any thoughts? or was it the wind...?? it was a bit windy to be honest to that direction exactly.

bad thing is that on the 3rd takeoff i think the batt went low i started losing height and unfortunately it hit my friend on the back-shoulder!! god that was lucky he just has some swelling. dangerous thing + SO idiotic of me...

bent the main rotor, 2 link rods, one blade destroyed, and the main gear is worn.

Suburban92
02-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Good job on the maiden..
I am sure there will be LOTS of people remarking on the Safety Issue.. so I will skip that

But yeah it could have been the wind.. good to hear you got it up and in the air you know what they say " bigger they are the easier they fly" I agree!!

dannylightning
02-11-2012, 12:12 PM
were you hovering directly over your friend or something ??? how do you hit some one while hovering...... even if it does loose altitude i just cant see how that possibly happened unless you were flying right over him or something like that..

1004ron
02-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Congrats on the maiden.

I think you have learn't the safety lessons.

Make sure that you use your battery timer on the radio to avoid taking off with a low battery pack - puts the heli at risk and can destroy a good battery running it too low.

fuzion
02-11-2012, 01:01 PM
i wasnt hovering all the time i tried some higher altitudes... it came down diagonally to be honest it was irresponsible of me.

i love tho the way it was flying. really sharp exaclty as i expected! 2-3 parts is nothing comparing to a succesful setup

dannylightning
02-11-2012, 01:16 PM
i wasnt hovering all the time i tried some higher altitudes... it came down diagonally to be honest it was irresponsible of me.

i love tho the way it was flying. really sharp exaclty as i expected! 2-3 parts is nothing comparing to a succesful setup

crap happens, i am sure you know what you did wrong and you wont do it again.. at least no one got hurt bad.

I am glad it flew good for you, first flight on a new helicopter i set a timer for 4 min, i see how much is left in the battery after i land, if i still have enough left, ill go for 5 min and see how much i have left in the batter. once i get to the point where when i land i have around 3.7 V in each cell that is where i keep my timer set to... running out of juice during a flight sucks...

hydro_pyro
02-11-2012, 01:43 PM
I also went from the mCPx as my first CP to the 450 pro V2 3GX. Very smooth transition. :)

You can get a small plug-in battery alarm for under $5. It has four pins, and plugs into the charge balance port. It has a loud little beeper and six status LED's on it. When the pack is getting close to cutoff voltage, it will begin to let out loud "chirps" when you punch the pitch.

fuzion
02-11-2012, 02:24 PM
yeah a friend has one and it seems nice. i am really amazed with the handling. i did a pirouette and the thing was so fast and stable i was shocked!!

in love with it..

Merse
02-11-2012, 02:39 PM
yeah a friend has one and it seems nice. i am really amazed with the handling. i did a pirouette and the thing was so fast and stable i was shocked!!

in love with it..

myself too went from mcpx to the 450 3gx and wow. Until last week i had only hovered it(like 5packs or so) but now that it is a lot nicer ive flown about 20 or so packs through her and did my 1st circuits yesterday and some stall turns(thanks danny for that one, i learned that one from your vids! helped alot:clap)

wkma7six
02-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Throttle Hold is your friend?

mark.w
02-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Mistakes happen just learn from it, have had some realy good days recently learning this heli 450 pro and i agree its a great thing, my 500 is to big to play around and learn, 450 is a perfect size.

I to recently made a bad judgement and while the heli was spinning down from full throttle and on the ground i some how got my hand caught in the tail blades, well the back part of my thumb was pepperd with slash marks and cuts, this was only the tail blades spooling down, have also been hit by my 500 spooling down, the main blades caught my inner elbow as i stupidly try to discounnect the battery terninal, that also but some very nice deep cutts(6 in total).

Have changed my routine now and use throttle hold all the time, these heli will bit hard if you let them, you mate was lucky any higher and the neck is a bad area to hit.:face

fuzion
02-11-2012, 05:02 PM
well here it is!! my friend took a video and uploaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMLXxIoN_6g

tomd27858
02-11-2012, 10:08 PM
The flybarless 450 pro is an awesome bird and flies well at a park or a flying field. I truly enjoy mine.

Suburban92
02-12-2012, 07:18 AM
nice spot to fly too!!

shein95
02-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Congrats on the maiden, its a fun bird for sure. I still fly my 450 better than the 550, guess it's because I'm not scared to crash the 450. When you said you trimmed the heli, did you do that with the radio or in the 3gx unit? You shouldn't use any trim on fbl once out of the sub trim portion of the initial setup

fuzion
02-12-2012, 08:20 AM
yeah i trimmed on the controller... i know now its wrong but i think the wind messed with my mind :P but trimming made it stable on all directions (the wind should mess with it more when rotating 180 and hover with the controller trimming) probably i didnt setup the swashplate at 0 pitch well dunno. the fact is that i was in control and that was the big success for me. i ll set it up again now i have complete knowledge :) i also used leon luke's 3gx settings out of the box. seems fine!

using that knowledge of pitch-negative pitch-swashplate setup, i managed to setup my mcpx also to be able to fly upside down! now i understand a lot of things...

thanks for all the good words ppl ;)

hydro_pyro
02-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Trim should cause it to creep in one direction, as if the stick is not at center.

Make sure you let it sit completely still on the ground while it initializes fully.

02-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Throttle Hold is your friend?

+1