PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do

LifeIsGood
02-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Hi - I need help regarding a possible bad trade for a Castle Creations Phoenix 80AMP ESC that I purchased from listing here but turned out the unit was no good. However, the seller telling me to bring it up with Castel Creations and appeared not willing to bring the unit back and refund my purchase money back to me not to mention the unit was sent back to him for resolution after noticed the capacitors on a crashed CC80 were separated from the mother board after I received the unit initially; and the seller sent it back to me yesterday and claimed the unit is fixed.

After putting everything together. ESC, motor, etc., throttle up, the motor stayed for about a second and stopped with CC80 sending 2 beeps alarm sound. Basically, the current is not going through and I guess those capacitors are not doing what they suppose to do. I have all the emails/PMs here, and pics to proof. Does this make sense to you guys. The seller said the CC80 was came off from a crashed heli during the discussion on the email before I sent the unit back to him for repair.

I just need to hear from others as to what are the most appropriate actions I need to take next. Thanks

BTW - I have good trade rating over at RCGroups, you can check my trade rating there under the same member name: LifeisGood

K2Freak
02-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Pay with Paypal?

Spork01
02-23-2012, 08:59 PM
First, please don't take this the wrong way but try seperating your sentences with periods. It will make your post much easier to read.

Buying used is risky business. Did the seller state that the ESC was fully functional? What did you pay for it?

LifeIsGood
02-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks. I paid through Paypal. We had an email exchange before I sent him the money. He said only cosmetic damage not sturcutre damage, so I sent the money.

Go the unit, I noticed the capacitors still had some yellow earth on them and wires were cut and the clear shrink just barely hang on. I removed the clear shrink and one leg on each capactiors had been separated from the base ( I guess from impact). I sent an email via Gmail to the seller and he said he can fix them and said I sould have not removed the clear shrink. I gave him the opportunity to fix which I doubt becasue the entire copper base on the board were on the legs of the capacitors.

Indeed, got the unit yesterday, this afternoon hooked up my Neu1110-1Y with 4.1X4.1 prop. Throttle up, the motor stayed on only for a second. I notified the seller of the situation, and he said go deal with CC, I removed the warranty by removing the barely stayed on clear shrink. I guess he is treating me like a little child. He also informed me, Paypal will be on his side since I removed the shrink.

whippo
02-23-2012, 11:30 PM
File a claim

Ludal77
02-24-2012, 03:28 AM
File a claim

+1

ThaQ
02-24-2012, 07:23 AM
+1

+2 and mk sure to post your experience here ( http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39 ) so we know whom to be aware of. Good luck

espresso
02-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Who did you purchase this from?

jbrown287
02-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Just hope you didn't pay as gift....

LifeIsGood
02-24-2012, 09:05 AM
I am going to file a claim with Paypal this morning. I purchased the item as "Goods purchase" and Paypal charged to my credit card. I will get this all the way to the bottom since I did indeed received a bad CC80 ESC. I have been buying items from RcGroups for many years and all good people this is the 1st bad experience. I do not want to name the person since I would assume he thought the crashed CC80 still good when he sold it to me. However, what made me to do this is he told me to deal with Castle Creations for repair or excheange, that's not a honest person's attitude.

LifeIsGood
02-24-2012, 09:08 AM
+2 and mk sure to post your experience here ( http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39 ) so we know whom to be aware of. Good luck

I'll save this link and report back the claim process and the results. Thanks

K2Freak
02-24-2012, 01:17 PM
You should not have any problem. The test is (roughly) "is the item as represented?" and it is clearly not if he said only cosmetic damage. That should be a no-brainer.

You should expect to ship it back to him, but I might wait until the claim (or possibly even the escalation) is open.

I have called PP for support many times, and received excellent help and customer service. One thing that helps a lot is to file the claim with a rep on the line. They can add "your side" of the story as the process begins and often doing this kind of thing verbally works better than just the web based process.

Give them a call. At the least, you will have good understanding of the process when the discussion is finished.

============

BTW - Not that you necessarily want to keep it, but did you calibrate the ESC? The result you got sounds exactly like what it would do if you did not set your transmitter end points to the ESC.

badfrog
02-24-2012, 01:35 PM
all above is good advice...
I am only throwing mt 2 cents in because this kind of seller :bs just really pisses me off...

It just makes me angry that there are people on here that sell their crap "as new" (happened to me... Paypal quickly resolved it!) and "cosmetic damage"... then has the nerve to tell you to go through CC!
If it was a warranty issue, HE SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT FIRST, then offered it up for sale on HF as "just back from CC" etc.
Paypal is generally good about resolving issues, but it is still a huge PITA, dissapointing and a waste of everyones time... GROW UP SCAMMERS...
I do a lot of buying and selling on here and ebay... but stories like this make us all at a minimum cautious but also leary... I hate giving every potential seller I deal with the 3rd degree, but I just about have to becuase of this exact thing.

For all you scammers, tellers of half truths, and other less than 100% honest folks out there, I hope your lipo's burst into flames at altitude and your heli's fall to the ground in a molten pile of goo every time you try to fly...

IF YOU ARE A SCAMMER, DON"T TRY TO TRADE WITH ME!!! I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND AT A MINIMUM SUBSTANTIALLY EMBARASS YOU!!!

LifeIsGood
02-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Never filed any claims with anybody in the past, always paid my past purchases with personal checks without any issue in the past several years. But more people prefer Paypal method so I signed up this past month and this is my 1st time filing claim again someone.

The claim was filed with Paypal online this morning, they need the thread link and brief explanations of what happened. Received an email from Paypal that they are in the process of reviewing the case. I will not let people doing this kind stuff get away.

LifeIsGood
02-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Here are three pictures - 1st one is the original after removed the clear wrap and the 2nd pic is what he sent back to me. And the 3rd pic is hooked up with motor and the thing is not working. LOL

tjmarti
02-24-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm with badfrog and I hope you will let us know who to avoid when all is said and done!

LifeIsGood
02-24-2012, 03:54 PM
The problem with open forum is that they will continue with new names but they can not change their real name though.

Or perhaps I should invite him to join the discussions right here. So that we all can hear his side of the story. I'll throw that Castle Creations Phoenix 80amp ESC into the garbage can and take the loss if anyone of you agreed with his side of the story. How's that ?

61Espo
02-24-2012, 04:12 PM
It is such a Shame that Some people treat others this way,,

We all try to help each other in our Hobby that we have here & theres always someone to mess things up..

I hope you get it resolved soon..

LifeIsGood
02-24-2012, 08:49 PM
============

BTW - Not that you necessarily want to keep it, but did you calibrate the ESC? The result you got sounds exactly like what it would do if you did not set your transmitter end points to the ESC.

I have been using CC80 for many many years with my 42" pylon racers. I lost one full setup (electronics) with the exception of my Neu1110-1y motor due to my racer went into Paficic Ocean but I was able to get the whole plane back. I saw the Cc80 for sale here about two weeks ago and went for it. The ESC can take the programming but won't take the current due to no capacitors becuase the legs took piece of the base board off the base unit probably from the impact of his crashed heli which he told me that after I received it initially last Tuesday ( a week before) and said what you expect from a crashed heli, I said what ? Everyting said here were in written email format which I have the entire conversations in my Gmail account.

K2Freak
02-24-2012, 10:55 PM
not to mention the unit was sent back to him for resolution after noticed the capacitors on a crashed CC80 were separated from the mother board after I received the unit initially; and the seller sent it back to me yesterday and claimed the unit is fixed

My bad. From this part of your post is sounded kinda like he re-soldered the caps for you.

Hope it work out for you...

cpurtellII
02-25-2012, 01:44 AM
You did the right and tried to have him make it right paypal should take care of it and post up the deal and who it was so no one does buisness with him again, I buy and sell alot of stuff online and paypal does work smart move.

LifeIsGood
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
More than a week passed and still received no email from Paypal regarding my claim. I opened my Paypal account this morning to get Paypal's phone # to call but I noticed Paypal put their finding under the right corner of my account. I clicked that and Paypal informed me that I am eligible for refund but I have to send the item back to the seller with tracking info at my own cost, etc. Went to post office had it shipped with tracking etc. Came back entered the tracking info and submitted.

In all, Paypal rocks but they never notify me via my email as what they informed me originally. One has to go to his or her Paypal account to find the notice. Therefoere, anyone with who filed a claim with Paypla will have to log in to ones account to find out the status since Paypal is not sending another email to you.

Yes, it is good to use Paypal purchase items from individuals but never purchase items using "Gift" method, otherwise, no recourse to the buyer.

LifeIsGood
03-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Slowely but finally Paypal credited the disputed balance back to my account. Quite an experience but the bad taste remained, I guess that's just the way it is when purhcase used items online.

But overall, vast majority of the sellers are honest and treat the buyers with respect. Be careful and persist with not so good sellers and do not let them to get away.