PDA

View Full Version : Hacker A 50 Turnado rewinded

Pages : 1 [2]

ZuvieleTeile
06-01-2012, 07:44 PM
nice. I guess i didn't look hard enough :clap

I have been cheating a little bit.:lol:
There was a small piece of paper in my Turnado box with the data of all three Turnados.

So, what is the verdict, HeliFX?
What will the winding be?
Like mentioned above, a while ago I was trying to get the anti-rotation pin out and gave up after the first unsuccessful tries. . . and just flew the motor like it is. So far all good.

HeliFX
06-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Ha that explains it :lol:

Hmm not sure. Ideally I would prefer YY however at 470 Kv and without actually testing with thin wire I'm afraid the copper O.D. would be pretty small to fit this particular stator.
I guess a good reason why those that attempted kept the D.

the guy I'm winding for wants it YY and 470 Kv.

It seems this pin on the hacker looks to be more trouble then in worth:bomb:
Looking closer at Ralph photo's it certainly was designed to be pain in ass.

the ultimate verdict may be that motor may remain stock or he could remove the stator and I'll can do the rest. This way I'm not liable in case I damage the motor trying to remove that clip and ridiculous pin.

if that pin has enough meat to it maybe drilling and tapping a screw can make it easier to pull out with more leverage . wishful thinking on my part.

I may just stick with scorpions, pyros, and align which I've done without issue.
A specially the pyro. One screw and it comes apart nice and clean.

I have been cheating a little bit.:lol:
There was a small piece of paper in my Turnado box with the data of all three Turnados.

So, what is the verdict, HeliFX?
What the winding be?
Like mentioned above, a while ago I was trying to get the anti-rotation pin out and gave up after the first unsuccessful tries. . . and just flew the motor like it is. So far all good.

NRPY
06-02-2012, 12:00 PM
General question:
When you guys do a test wind with small wire to verify kV, do you fully wind the stator, or can you get away with just a partial wind (one group?)? Also, do you just hook it up to an ESC and tach it while measuring voltage?

ZuvieleTeile
06-02-2012, 01:27 PM
You have to wind three groups, thats one part motor in a YY configuration.

Run it at 100% throttle on a ESC and divide the resulting RpM through the voltage.
I have the current run through a Eagle Tree logger to measure RpM and Voltage.