PDA

View Full Version : blade 450x to buy or not to buy

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

tommeke
03-05-2012, 01:40 PM
or you guys saying i can't fly? i can freaking tick tock a stock trex 250. and the mcpx does DEFENETLY NOT fly like in the promo vids. I got it brushless now and it's awesome. you guys should realy stop pushing people down, realy,.. i was just asking for your opinion on the blade 450x not on my flying skills. I am way good for my age, and just asking if the price of the blade 450x is fair for the performance it gives.

AR90
03-05-2012, 02:03 PM
or you guys saying i can't fly? i can freaking tick tock a stock trex 250. and the mcpx does DEFENETLY NOT fly like in the promo vids. I got it brushless now and it's awesome. you guys should realy stop pushing people down, realy,.. i was just asking for your opinion on the blade 450x not on my flying skills. I am way good for my age, and just asking if the price of the blade 450x is fair for the performance it gives.

No one is making fun of you, or trying to hurt feelings.

You asked what the 450x is capable of, someone posted a video exactly what its capable of being pushed to its limit. And you replied saying no, I want a video of a normal person flying it.. that wont exactly show you its limits.

And deciding if its the Heli for you is going to be different for each person. Personally I think its a good value.. I mean hell the beast x alone costs $250.. That ontop of the fact that parts availability will be excellent. So for me, it was an easy choice.

tommeke
03-05-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm just don't like those promo vids, that's all. Can you post you findings on the heli when you get it ? and maybe ad a vid, that would realy help me out in my choice

cwall64
03-05-2012, 03:06 PM
I too would love to know first impressions! I am sitting on the fence, I have the Trex 450 Pro, but baby it. With the Blade I am sure that parts will be cheaper and easier to get at the LHS...

tommeke
03-05-2012, 03:10 PM
the only thing i don't like so far on the blade 450x (on the looks of it) is the blades those are expensive, probably be getting trex 450 3g blades

ShaneJourdan
03-05-2012, 05:34 PM

Yeah, as AR90 says, that coment was not towards you, I was responding to the guy saying I was a liar. :lol: The MCPX in stock form does most stunts, just not tic tocs or tails slides or any trick that requires extreem tail holding.

I see there is an argument to compare the TREX 450 PLUS RTF, this doesn't even make since because its fly-bared. How ever it was a FBL still not a good comparison. The Blade 450 is super lite, super fast and has beastx. Then you can go to any LHS and buy parts as well as the cost of a crash also being much less. Its a no brainer. for me too.:thumbup:

ahahn
03-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah, as AR90 says, that coment was not towards you, I was responding to the guy saying I was a liar. :lol: The MCPX in stock form does most stunts, just not tic tocs or tails slides or any trick that requires extreem tail holding.

I see there is an argument to compare the TREX 450 PLUS RTF, this doesn't even make since because its fly-bared. How ever it was a FBL still not a good comparison. The Blade 450 is super lite, super fast and has beastx. Then you can go to any LHS and buy parts as well as the cost of a crash also being much less. Its a no brainer. for me too.:thumbup:

Not to mention the TRex 450 PLUS RTF Futaba Transmitter isn't FASST, but their other 2.4GHz protocol (FHSS). So to me that is a dead end transmitter. If it was FASST, then perhaps I would feel different, since my main transmitters are Futaba FASST.

spykez
03-08-2012, 09:56 AM
? would wait little bit and buy the trex 450 Plus.
?t comes in a RTF package with the new futaba 6 radio and all the other good stuff from align.
The price is 575$ including battery and charger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a bit confused - but I'm not American, so bear with this question if it's silly.

Isn't horizon the Align distributor in the US, and hobbico futaba?

cwall64
03-08-2012, 10:48 AM
So has anyone that has a Trex 450 Pro 3GX done a comparison (mine is still in the box)? I an on the fence about getting a second 450 class helicopter, but I like the Blade line of products...

ahahn
03-08-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm a bit confused - but I'm not American, so bear with this question if it's silly.

Isn't horizon the Align distributor in the US, and hobbico futaba?

right on both points. (at least right now)

So what is interesting, is if you have a problem with the Futaba transmitter, where do you send it for warrantee repair?

matt blaisdell
03-08-2012, 07:17 PM
this is just my 2 cents. the e-flite is a great starter heli. and has a very appealing spektrum FBL unit.
there no where near quality as the t-rex 450 pro v3. i like both helis but if i had to choose a 450 heli out of the box from these 2 helis. i would be the t-rex 450 v3 with 3gx . it has everything better on it but the fbl unit.
servos, motor, esc. and you can buy a 450 pro v3 for $449.00 . cheaper than the bnf e-fight.

There over priced for what you get. IMOP.

great beginner though.

ahahn
03-08-2012, 07:47 PM
this is just my 2 cents. the e-flite is a great starter heli. and has a very appealing spektrum FBL unit.
there no where near quality as the t-rex 450 pro v3. i like both helis but if i had to choose a 450 heli out of the box from these 2 helis. i would be the t-rex 450 v3 with 3gx . it has everything better on it but the fbl unit.
servos, motor, esc. and you can buy a 450 pro v3 for $449.00 . cheaper than the bnf e-fight.

There over priced for what you get. IMOP.

great beginner though.

Matt,
The problem is you switch between the 3GX to a flybar 450. To this you still need to add a receiver, battery,.....

I can find the 450x BNF with receiver AND 3D for $402.

I might add that a lot of Align guys cuss out the 410 and 420 servos, much less the 480 gyro.

I won't say the 450 airframe will outfly the TRex450 Pro, but I am saying to get a 450 Flybarless heli with a quality receiver/3D controller, that retails itself for >$200 for only $200 more, that sounds like a pretty good deal.

Not for everyone, I admit, but still a good deal.

Alan

DesJardins
03-08-2012, 07:56 PM
There is a TREX 450Pro "v3"?
:thumbup:

Both the Align pro v2 with 3GX and the 450X will steer to different groups and both are great flyers without a doubt.

Whichever somebody choses will make them very happy.

350Z_Al
03-08-2012, 07:57 PM
So has anyone that has a Trex 450 Pro 3GX done a comparison (mine is still in the box)? I an on the fence about getting a second 450 class helicopter, but I like the Blade line of products...

I might buy one tomorrow to try... I just have this urge to want to try one and see how it flies.

Matt,
I can find the 450x BNF with receiver AND 3D for $402.

I might add that a lot of Align guys cuss out the 410 and 420 servos, much less the 480 gyro.

Where can you find a 450X for $402?

The TREX 450 pro has a DS520 on the tail. The DS410s aren't bad, they just don't crash well.. Neither do the E-Flite servos though :p

DesJardins
03-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Ampdraw $402

stablehover
03-08-2012, 08:24 PM
I might buy one tomorrow to try... I just have this urge to want to try one and see how it flies.

The TREX 450 pro has a DS520 on the tail. The DS410s aren't bad, they just don't crash well.. Neither do the E-Flite servos though :p
Great, please show me a mechanical device that "crashes" well,:rotf I will certainly be in the game for that deal.

matt blaisdell
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
402 is a good deal.

not sure what you mean when go to flybar to fbl.

i did not mean to put v3 its a v2 my bad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-T-Rex-450-Pro-V2-3GX-Flybarless-Super-Combo-Helicopter-Kit-w-Motor-Servos?item=390386879884&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26itu%3DI%252BUA%26otn%3 D12%26pmod%3D150744037432%26po%3DLLIW%26ps%3D63%26 clkid%3D6868297219182866166

the fbl 450 align with 3gx, servos Which are better than e-flight, align 520 not a micro servo like the e-flight, and esc and motor. for $449.00

cwall64
03-08-2012, 08:49 PM

Well, I fell to the pressure! I was in the LHS today returning some batteries that were too big for the 600EFL, and they had one 450X left - now I am the proud owner! Since I have not built the Trex 450 Pro yet, I think I'll be flying the 450X when the rain lets up...

ShaneJourdan
03-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Guy's - IMO

The 450X is a good value at even 499.00. Yes you can buy a comparably equipped Align 450 pro v3 for around 20.00 less but you will have to build it. I love building heli's and get never ending joy out of my trex 700e but it comes at a high price of time and money.

I am not sure when you are no longer a beginner in the hobby, its extremely complicated learning process in all aspects from learning too fly to understanding and having the necessary skills to set up a proper heli.

As mentioned in an early post after having the Beastx I can say that 3G or 3GX is really no better or worse. Its funny how popular opinion can single handed destroy a brand because in my opinion poor skill sets involving setup or flying ability.

I have over the past few days done some extensive side by side testing of my two blade 450's one 3G FBL with align head and my new 450x Beastx. I can honestly say there is no clear winner, they are both amazing heli's.

One might ask why does a guy with a fair amount of experience not only buy one but two BLADE 450's when I could easily buy a Align 450 add to that how much I enjoy doing an exacting build. Its a good question.

Answer. I love flying and I don't buy into hype, I take my real life experiences and weigh what is the best most economical way for me to enjoy this hobby and continue to learn a fast pace. It was not till the 450 that blade was a logical choice for me. Previous blade heli's for example the 400 or the SR out of the box could not provide a quality experience that was comparable to an Align. Trust me I tried them.

Crashing is inevitable. For a few buck I have upgraded servo's ( HS MG), spare frames, Align 3D blades, tubes, shafts and all the pieces I will need in the event of a crash. It will be a simple fast repair with limited simple setup.

Repairing an align heli is a whole different ball of wax they don't bounce. The cost of repair can quickly eat up any up front saving I may have saved by buying the Align over the blade in a first crash. Blade 450 have less stored energy on impact because they are lighter by almost 100 grams and made of plastic.

Blade flies every bit as good as a Align 450, I might argue the blade 450x is better in all aspects with one BIG exception.... The cool factor, they have the bling, carbon, machined aluminum and all the cool stuff all the cool kids have.

I may have been an exotic bird in my past life because this all this bling calls me big time but I had to be honest with myself and lord knows this hobby ant cheap.

I'm sure you guys may have seen this video from the picture thread but it a very telling video, I cannot fly this well yet but its coming and it shows how good this heli is in real life, we can all fly this well if we just put the time in and for me the blade 450x allows me the time at a cost I can afford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvwiZ2hrU1I

cwall64
03-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I agree almost 100%, the issue is that the things I have tended to break the most (blades) seem to be less expensive for the Trex ($33.99 for the 450X and $18.99 for the Trex)! Now, I have not compared bodies, frames, etc.

350Z_Al
03-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Great, please show me a mechanical device that "crashes" well,:rotf I will certainly be in the game for that deal.

I hope you saw the humor in my post in saying there really is nothing wrong with the Align 410s. I have many customers with Align 450s and no complaints about the servos.

the fbl 450 align with 3gx, servos Which are better than e-flight, align 520 not a micro servo like the e-flight, and esc and motor. for $449.00

The two TREX 450 3GX and the Blade 450X are in the same class but in different classes.. Know what I mean..

Budget tight? go with the 450X (450 3GX with batt, charger and rx like the 450x will be more $$)
Want a higher end machine? Go with the 450 3GX
Don't want to build? Go with a 450X
Want to spend a few hours building and setting up? Go with a 450 3GX
Want something that will be easier for somebody with less experience? Go with a 450X

They're in the same class, but the choice between one or the other is clear cut because of their differences.

As mentioned in an early post after having the Beastx I can say that 3G or 3GX is really no better or worse. Its funny how popular opinion can single handed destroy a brand because in my opinion poor skill sets involving setup or flying ability.

YEP! Too many people jump on bandwagons of a "bad product" because a few people have a bad experience with it. 9 times out of 10 it's a setup/configuration issue that is the responsibility of the owner.

350Z_Al
03-08-2012, 10:07 PM
I agree almost 100%, the issue is that the things I have tended to break the most (blades) seem to be less expensive for the Trex ($33.99 for the 450X and $18.99 for the Trex)! Now, I have not compared bodies, frames, etc.

Just about everything else will be cheaper on the blade, I can almost guarantee it.

The blade WILL be a cheaper heli to crash.

InFocus
03-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Want a higher end machine? Go with the 450 3GX
Don't want to build? Go with a 450X
Want to spend a few hours building and setting up? Go with a 450 3GX
Want something that will be easier for somebody with less experience? Go with a 450X

Question on definition: What makes the Trex 'higher end?'
If it flys better, why? The general consensus by the majority of members of this board would indicate that the BeastX is a better FBL unit than 3GX.
Does the Trex have a more powerful motor? Is it lighter? Is it more precise in movement, if so why?

The owner of the 450X still has to acquire the same helicopter building and setup skills that the trex owner has. That occurs the first time you crash it, which then requires that you go through the complete mechanical setup to ensure everything is right.

The Blade is no 'easier' to fly than the trex. Some may even say that the 'superior' trex is is easier to fly because it 'higher end'. Rebuilding the 450 after a crash is no different than the trex. The only part that would be easier is the fact that at least you've seen what the heli is supposed to look like at least once, when you took it out of the box.

I guess I'm not seeing the differences..

And why is it that any time anyone asks questions like I've just posed, the answer is often along the lines:

"When you own a Trex, enlightenment will occur and you'll understand like those of us who have already reached nirvana"
:roll:

Last time I looked, I didn't see the Apple logo on the canopy :)

on edit: the above is not directed at anyone in particular. Just the general feeling I get. Don't take this all too seriously.

DesJardins
03-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Just about everything else will be cheaper on the blade, I can almost guarantee it.

The blade WILL be a cheaper heli to crash.

After owning both I can't agree with this one.
It's been debated before so if people want to search it they can.

Much more was replaced on my B450 unfortunately.
But crashing is crashing so it's a mute point for me

Gawl
03-09-2012, 06:57 AM
After owning both I can't agree with this one.
It's been debated before so if people want to search it they can.

Much more was replaced on my B450 unfortunately.
But crashing is crashing so it's a mute point for me

Totally agree as well. Had a bad crash on my trex, locked up in a flip and hit to hit TH from about 20ft up. Right now I'm at 90 in parts and that doesn't include main shaft, gear, or spindle which I had and another canopy.

Should have sold it and just got an x.