PDA

View Full Version : blade 450x to buy or not to buy

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

tommeke
03-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Hi guys, I want to know from the guys who have it already. Should I buy it? I fly a mcpx and a trex 250, what's the flying like? and 3D has it got enough power? and the quality, what's that like. I would like to know more about this heli, looks like a winner to me :D

ShaneJourdan
03-04-2012, 01:36 PM
It flys like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_y2cRUeKGQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommeke
03-04-2012, 01:40 PM
that's James flying it, he's an awesome pilot, I want to see it fly in hands of someone that isn't a pro

AR90
03-04-2012, 02:03 PM
It's going to take sometime for videos to show up.. people only started receiving on Friday. Most people should be getting theirs this week.. I know mine is coming on Monday, I'll see if I have time to make a quick video.

ShaneJourdan
03-04-2012, 02:08 PM
that's James flying it, he's an awesome pilot, I want to see it fly in hands of someone that isn't a pro

What does it matter? This is what it's capable of. I will get some vid up of mine next week.

tommeke
03-04-2012, 02:23 PM
pro's can everything look good, just like they made awesome 3d video's of the stock mcpx, it almost can't handle a flip in stock form. pff..marketing

AR90
03-04-2012, 03:04 PM
pro's can everything look good, just like they made awesome 3d video's of the stock mcpx, it almost can't handle a flip in stock form. pff..marketing

Well you did ask what its capable of.. If you are a capable pilot then thats how well it can fly..

Showing a video of a relatively new pilot flying it will not show you what its capable of lol.

PS: I'm not sure about you, but my stock mcpx can flip every which way with ease.

ShaneJourdan
03-04-2012, 03:08 PM

I just got done doing an exhibition with a stock MCPX, and i can do most everything with it in stock form. What are you talking about?? Yes I have a 2S and 4 1S running everything from Hp05 on up. But the stock MCPX is brilliant and work great in stock form. I guess you do have to have excellent collective management skills. What are you waiting for a heli that can fly it self. This stuff is not easy:face

ShaneJourdan
03-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Here's a nine year old with a bone stock MCPX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4D9UXkp_dU

DesJardins
03-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Ummmm yea just a 9 year old

lmao

mtuccio
03-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Here's a nine year old with a bone stock MCPX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4D9UXkp_dU

Got to love Justin...Kid is pretty amazing!

I still like the video of him flying the X5 in NY with his shorts on.....

This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XnwrCC0YEQ&feature=related

He was only 8 when he did that....:thumbup:

tommcg46
03-04-2012, 04:00 PM
He's not nine he's actually twenty eight he's just short for his age:rotf

ShaneJourdan
03-04-2012, 04:02 PM
I would go as far as to say if you can't fly a stock mcpx, funnels, hurricanes, inverted ect. With exception of tail slides and tic tocs (tail blow out) unavoidable for me, then you could not do it on any other Heli. A 3D capable Heli will not help you fly any better.

mtuccio
03-04-2012, 05:48 PM
I would go as far as to say if you can't fly a stock mcpx, funnels, hurricanes, inverted ect. With exception of tail slides and tic tocs (tail blow out) unavoidable for me, then you could not do it on any other Heli. A 3D capable Heli will not help you fly any better.

+1 on this...

I haven't found a heli yet that could make me fly any better then what I knew the day before.....:thumbup:

Psuedo_Heli_Commander
03-04-2012, 06:32 PM
The only difference between an Mcpx and the 450 3d or X is the sound of the crash... A tink versus a thud...at least the neighbors don't hear the Mcpx...my brother heard one of my early days bigger heli crashes 1/4 mile away.

P_H_C
MCX2,MCPX,mSR,mSRx,MQX,SR,B450,550e 3gx

FuntanaS
03-04-2012, 07:06 PM
The only difference between an Mcpx and the 450 3d or X is the sound of the crash... A tink versus a thud...at least the neighbors don't hear the Mcpx...my brother heard one of my early days bigger heli crashes 1/4 mile away.

P_H_C
MCX2,MCPX,mSR,mSRx,MQX,SR,B450,550e 3gx

Yeah, not so much. The 450 3D is a lot more fun to fly in my opinion since it has A LOT more power and you never have to worry about the tail going out.

qqwoijawoar
03-04-2012, 07:50 PM

This is a bald faced lie.

ShaneJourdan
03-04-2012, 08:01 PM
This is a bald faced lie.

When you learn to fly you'll understand. Keep practicing it will come.

DesJardins
03-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Sword fight much fellas...
:face

ShaneJourdan
03-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Hehe

Monsterman--HBF
03-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Hi guys, I want to know from the guys who have it already. Should I buy it? I fly a mcpx and a trex 250, what's the flying like? and 3D has it got enough power? and the quality, what's that like. I would like to know more about this heli, looks like a winner to me :D

I was in my lhs a few months ago and came home with a Eflite Tandem, then went back got an MSR and a Trex 100. About 2 weeks ago I got the BL450. I cant put the Dx6i down! I flew Nitro helis almost 10+ years ago, got sick and had a lot of health issues so I sold it all.

Getting the BL450 was probably one of the best things I could of done, I forgot how much fun and stress relieving it is to go out and fly. But going to E Power was even better. I'd say if you are already flying and really enjoy it get a Blade 450 RTF out of the box they are a great start..

I am now looking at buying my first Trex 500 "just because I want to go bigger" but the BL450 will be great for you..

Good luck

invertsick
03-04-2012, 08:55 PM
? would wait little bit and buy the trex 450 Plus.
?t comes in a RTF package with the new futaba 6 radio and all the other good stuff from align.
The price is 575$ including battery and charger

Lessthanryan
03-04-2012, 09:12 PM
$469 from Helipal.com.. Seems like it ships right away also, (Align RTF)

stablehover
03-05-2012, 09:09 AM
$469 from Helipal.com.. Seems like it ships right away also, (Align RTF)

still has the pesky flybar and no BeastX.

Asomaro
03-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Very interesting thread as I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these.

Had a bit of a search round and found this vid which seems to show how well it flies out of the box so I thought I'd share it....

UdQdvVqmvew