PDA

View Full Version : SK720 / Compass 6HV problem's

heliglenn71
03-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks in advance for any input / help I get! Here's a little over view of my problem. I spooled up the heli for the maiden flight, As soon as I got off the ground the heli drifted right. I applied left aileron to overcome the drift. (im not a 100% sure but I dont think the 6HV responded to the to the input) If it did respond it was very little. So I hit TH and watched the heli explode. :crash The SK720 itself was removed from my 450pro right after a gnarly crash, So im not sure if the aileron gyro was trashed when I drove the 450pro into the ground. But here's the thing on the bench everything is up to par the pitch, roll, and yall directions are correct. I figured the swashplate was tilted to the right, So I checked it with a swashplate level tool and it was only off by a half MM. It wasn't enough to get the amount of drift I got. Yesterday I was going through the Skookum wizards and got a Error: Bad RX Link. Im using a DX7 with 2 remote receiver's at 2048res. this morning I found out that it should be on 1024res. When the sk720 was on the 450pro it was set to 2048res. and the heli fell out the sky one time for no reason. But i wrote it off to pilot error. Is there a chance this is my problem on the 6HV??? Or should I send it in to Skookum for a check up?

georgi UK
03-05-2012, 09:54 AM
=] hi, post up the log for this flight, hopefully you had logging enabled? the gyro isn't active until airborne so bench testing proves very little here, it sounds like its going back anyway, its just good to see the log!

the DX7 would have bound in 1024 res. even although 2048 was selected.

heliglenn71
03-05-2012, 10:13 AM
It was set to vibration and I deleted it by mistake. Im fixing to redo the bench test . I dont think im going notice anything but its worth a shot.

heliglenn71
03-05-2012, 10:19 AM
If I have it set to vibration want it still work on the bench??

georgi UK
03-05-2012, 10:20 AM
=] you could tether it firmly, usually this would show something? it needs to be up to flight RPM's.....

heliglenn71
03-05-2012, 07:52 PM
this sucks... the log was taken on the ground with zero pitch and no input. i hit left aileron after the heli gave full right aileron on it own and tipped over. It only does this after the heli flight rpm is up. on the bench everything works great. Looks like the sk720 going in for repair

georgi UK
03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
=] it has to be tethered firmly with nowhere to go for this sort of testing, honestly those gyro's are lightning quick.

there is a low voltage error, as far as I can tell the SK let go, so yes send it in,

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy322/georgiocvc/2-30.jpg