PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to charge mSR X LiPo using stock CX2 charger?

bernk
03-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Hi everyone. I'm thinking about buying the mSR X as BNF and using the Tx and charger from my CX2, at least for now. I know the Tx can be used, but what about the charger? I imagine I'd at least need some sort of connector adapter.

Edwii
03-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Hi everyone. I'm thinking about buying the mSR X as BNF and using the Tx and charger from my CX2, at least for now. I know the Tx can be used, but what about the charger? I imagine I'd at least need some sort of connector adapter.
I may be wrong but I dont think you can, it looks like it doesnt have a setting for 1s, and i cant find anything about any one else every doing that. a basic 1s charger is dirt cheap any ways.

But what i will tell you, i tell any one interested in an msrx, is this: the Tx for the cx2 is very very primitive, and the msrx is pretty aggressive for its size, you wont be able to tame its settings with out a programmable Tx. I highly recommended getting one like a dx6i.

Second thing i recommend if you do take my advice and do get a programmable Tx, is to look into the MCPX instead, tho its even more aggressive, you can tame it down quite well with the Tx to learn on, and have a cp bird you will never get bored of.

bernk
03-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks for your response Edwii.

Of course, you're absolutely right! The mSR X uses a 1 cell LiPo and the CX2 charger is a 2-3 cell charger. Damn.

I completely agree with you on the mCP X point too. I just wanted to put off buying another Tx as I'm living abroad and will be moving back home soon so I want to keep my belongings to a minimum.

Once I'm home I plan on hitting eBay hard with an open wallet …*or PayPal account I guess ; )

I'm ecentually planning on getting a bigger heli, something in the 500-700 range, as well as a multi copter. I haven't decided on a Tx yet but I'm thinking either the DX8 or the JR X9503. Any thoughts on that?

Edwii
03-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks for your response Edwii.

Of course, you're absolutely right! The mSR X uses a 1 cell LiPo and the CX2 charger is a 2-3 cell charger. Damn.

I completely agree with you on the mCP X point too. I just wanted to put off buying another Tx as I'm living abroad and will be moving back home soon so I want to keep my belongings to a minimum.

Once I'm home I plan on hitting eBay hard with an open wallet *or PayPal account I guess ; )

I'm eventually planning on getting a bigger heli, something in the 500-700 range, as well as a multi copter. I haven't decided on a Tx yet but I'm thinking either the DX8 or the JR X9503. Any thoughts on that?

I cant say anything about JR other then I know they make good stuff, they are the same company as spektrum. as for the dx8, you wont need anything more then a DX7S so long as your not flying anything more then heli's, any thing that the dx8 has more is basicly for servor mixing on planes. I use the DX7S and love it, well supported, majority of people i know use a spektrum so its easy to help each other.