PDA

View Full Version : 450x blades

helidom
03-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi all, crashed my 450x today :oops: need new main gear and boom both cheap, and new blades which seem expensive at 33 a pair, is it ok to use align 450 3g blades (12) and do i need to change any settings in ar7200bx?

mtuccio
03-10-2012, 08:46 PM
The 3G blades are 23 grams each which is very close to the weight of the stock blade. I put the non 3G blades (18 grams each) on mine and had to make some very slight adjustments. Hope this helps....:thumbup:

Flying_Amp
03-11-2012, 07:05 AM
I have also heard of others using the Align 3g blades, just solely due to the cost of the 450x blades (the only negative point i have seen about this heli is the cost of the blades)

helidom
03-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Thanks for replies, i`ll go ahead and get align 3g blades, hopefully all will be ok.....

mekky67
06-24-2013, 12:43 PM
The 3G blades are 23 grams each which is very close to the weight of the stock blade. I put the non 3G blades (18 grams each) on mine and had to make some very slight adjustments. Hope this helps....:thumbup:

What adjustments were needed?

I've bought some non-3G blades by accident (thought I was ordering 3G) so if they're useable I'll give them a try.

Mr.valby
06-24-2013, 03:23 PM
I have align 3g rotor blades on my blade 450x. the quality is very good and the balance is very close. No adjustment but I only 8 fly numbers and circles, no 3d.

audacity
06-24-2013, 03:51 PM
i have had the stockers, rails, raidx, and 3g's. even tho the 3g's were balanced good, the tracking could not be perfected and probably the main reason the heli did not like them! the stock blades are pretty darn good. i do like the rail blades tho i haven't really had the chance to fly em much because i'm fly n my larger copters. i can tell ya the tracking on rail blades is the best i've ever seen!

spiff72
06-25-2013, 09:33 AM
I am assuming that you are looking at these:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=agnhd320d&x=6&y=3

I bought 2 pairs of them after I crashed my 450X, and flew the first of the 2 pairs for about 2 months before my second crash.

I will be installing the second pair this week, but make sure that you check the dynamic balance of these blades. Both sets of mine needed some balancing effort to get them right.

bmlasater
06-27-2013, 10:19 PM
fwiw...
Align blades work fine.....Are 10 mm shorter than stock, but fly nearly the same...Another good bet is the EBay 3D blades.....Don'tlaugh....$9.95 a pair, and fly great....

John

vronny
06-28-2013, 03:03 PM
fwiw...
Align blades work fine.....Are 10 mm shorter than stock, but fly nearly the same...Another good bet is the EBay 3D blades.....Don'tlaugh....$9.95 a pair, and fly great....

JohnI just received the 3D pro 335mm from HK USA only $7.42 a pair also have the HK Fiber glass 335mm which also use for $3.50. Just a sport flyer but these blades work for me. Also just received some sets today.

FailureToFly
06-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Never had an issue with Align blades. Balance up great (sometimes perfect out of the pack) and never a tracking issue.

Tracking is due to blade balance and heli setup anyway.

The Aligns are certainly not world class blades compared to the expensive competition but unless you are a 3D master, using cheap blades is smart as why make a cheap little heli crash expensive? For a 450 I prefer under $50 crashes rather than under $100.

They fly absolutely fine and are reliable, stable and provide plenty of performance and snap for all levels of 3D flying.

TomC
06-29-2013, 05:46 AM
Just my opinion but I think that the stock 450x blades are a bit better than the Align 3G blades. They are a bit stiffer and give you a bit more pop (and bark).

Properly balanced and tracked the Align 3g's work fine though.

Cheers,
TomC

Yakimah
06-29-2013, 06:19 AM
I find the stock blades to be very fragile and prefer the align ones, haven't tried that many other blades yet though.

spykez
06-29-2013, 06:28 AM
I think the stockers are nice too.

And the one time I got a badly balanced pair, I just picked up the phone to Modelflight (my local, or more aptly, regional, Blade helicrack dealer) and got it sorted,

No worries.

helifanatic99
06-29-2013, 03:10 PM
The stock blades fly great, but visibility sucks. Any cloud cover at all and the rotor disk disappears. I love the Revolution blades. Same length, fly about the same but they're 3g lighter each and the white tips give great visibility of the rotor disk when it's overcast or clear. Only a couple bucks more than the stock blades. I don't crash all that often, so they're worth it to me and they balance perfectly, which is a huge plus, because I hate balancing blades. :face

Psuedo_Heli_Commander
06-29-2013, 08:50 PM
I too like the Revolution blades for visibility.. Should note I have flown the Align 3G blades (FBL ones)...but noted mine were packed with a slip that noted max rpm 2800... I have ordered additional Revolutions since..

helifanatic99
06-30-2013, 08:13 AM
Just my opinion but I think that the stock 450x blades are a bit better than the Align 3G blades. They are a bit stiffer and give you a bit more pop (and bark).

Properly balanced and tracked the Align 3g's work fine though.

Cheers,
TomC

The extra "pop" is because the stock blades are 10mm longer from bolt hole to tip. Align measures from root to tip. Most of the lift is generated at the outer part of the blade where angular velocity (tip speed) is the highest.

JohnCrashes
06-30-2013, 04:30 PM
I too like the Revolution blades for visibility.. Should note I have flown the Align 3G blades (FBL ones)...but noted mine were packed with a slip that noted max rpm 2800... I have ordered additional Revolutions since..

I also like the visibility of the Revolution blades, but they didn't hold up well for me. I had one minor blade tip to my lawn and a 3 inch chip flew off at the tip. I've done far worse to my stock blades and they held up really well.