PDA

View Full Version : tail blade questions

jhurwitz
03-13-2012, 05:40 PM
I was told KBDD tail blades for my 500 would work well, can anyone vouch for this? Second question is, what length should I get them in? Thanks.

Thug Hunter
03-13-2012, 05:45 PM
They work great...inexpensive and come in various colors for high visibility! I use 70mm.

Mateyhv
03-13-2012, 05:55 PM
They work great...inexpensive and come in various colors for high visibility! I use 70mm.

+ 5mm root for the trex 500. Excellent ballance

sarmeneau
03-13-2012, 06:00 PM
:clappp they work very well, use them on all my helis

Wildcards
03-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Just threw a set on after I crashed with the edges on. KBDD are pretty much the best non carbon fiber blades you can get. might I recommend neon orange, they freak'n glow in the air!! I have have also flown yellow and they are not near as bright.

wanderer56
03-14-2012, 06:51 AM
These blades are actually not bad at all. They are harder/stiffer than the KBDD's and don't flex much at all. Almost like the KBDD Extreme series they make, but not for the 500. They are also 72mm.
http://helidirect.com/align-upgrade-parts-assyorange-h50076-87-trex-500-p-6291.hdx

Blayd
03-14-2012, 07:40 PM
I have several sets of the ones above.. in yellow, white, and black. They work fine.. BUT....The KBDD tail blades and paddles are in my opinion, the best. I have been using the KBDD's on my other two 500's for along time, this last set of "stockers" has just been fine, but since I was chasing a vibe, I took the oppurtunity to put on a matching set of KBDD tails in orange. Either will work... but I tend to like the KBDD's better. KBDD really does a good job matching them by weight and the design works...'nuff said.

fvdriver
03-14-2012, 11:16 PM
I have had 2 sets of new KBDD blades fail in the first 30 sec. because of molding defects. Granted they gave me replacement sets right away and lots of people here have had success with them, but not for me. At the Vegas fun fly last week most were running CF tail blades. I have been running the Align plastic ones with good success but I have ordered a set of edge blades to try.

Wildcards
03-14-2012, 11:22 PM
I have had 2 sets of new KBDD blades fail in the first 30 sec. because of molding defects. Granted they gave me replacement sets right away and lots of people here have had success with them, but not for me. At the Vegas fun fly last week most were running CF tail blades. I have been running the Align plastic ones with good success but I have ordered a set of edge blades to try.

The Edge tail blades are by far the best that I have used. However when I break down and spend alittle extra on tail blades I get cursed with a crash. Same thing with a buddy of mine, I think he was on his 2nd or 3rd flight with them and he had a nasty crash that destroyed them. I can fly for weeks or even months on the KBDDs without incident

snjbird
03-15-2012, 07:49 AM
The KBDD blades are great, I have run out of them so I am flying an old set of V-blades CF I had in the spare parts bag...