PDA

View Full Version : 550e 3GX - setting servos to 90

rupsty
03-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi,
Is it ok to set up the servos at 90 using a non 3gx receiver first? I have a 3GX unit that I intend to use with two sats but before I install the 3gx, is it ok to set the servos to 90 with a different receiver just to get the servos set? It's the AR8000 receiver - I think that's the model.

Hope this makes sense.

fuzion
03-30-2012, 02:35 PM
i think its the same but why not do it with 3gx on dir mode?

rupsty
03-30-2012, 02:43 PM
for some reason i remember it being a pain to do in dir mode - but maybe my memory has it wrong. doesn't dir mode want to time out after a while? can't remember.

1004ron
03-30-2012, 02:48 PM
I might consider a prelim setup using whatever RX, but my final setup would most certainly be with the RX/SAT's that I'll be flying with.

Bking1340
03-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Time out - No. Just connect everything, start up in dir mode and do ur setup. It will be a lot more hassles to connect the 3gx afterwards

fuzion
03-30-2012, 02:50 PM
no the dir mode stays there forever... its the rudder setup mode that resets if no input for some seconds. do it in dir mode is my opinion :)

rupsty
03-30-2012, 03:52 PM
excellent - thanks guys. i did the setup on my 450 a while back and can't remember what exactly happened and now i remember - the tail is what times out if there's no activity. i'll set my servos in dir mode....

: )

koppterx
03-30-2012, 05:10 PM
DIr mode does not time out. it can be a little tricky to get into - having a separate pack with a switch makes it much easier since you have to release the SET button before the LEDs reach the end. But once you do that, it is in DIR mode and setting the servos to 90 is a matter of subtrim on the transmitter.

When in program mode the unit will time out after ten seconds.

have fun...i think we are all waiting to hear about that maiden flight...and if you want to take a drive out east, we have an unofficial 550 club...

rupsty
03-30-2012, 08:31 PM
I will certainly let the forum know about the maiden. I'm hoping it goes smoothly. Even with my hiccups, I still REALLY enjoy building these things. I think the next one I'll step outside the Align family and see what it's like with other brands. I love the way the Fusion looks and I've heard good things about it. Who knows, maybe I'll get a Goblin. Or a Logo Extreme. Hahah, yeah right.