PDA

View Full Version : linear throtle question

Incarus
03-30-2012, 02:52 PM
just curious,

I have been reading that when using plug and play setups you loose linear throttle<why is this?

what exaactly happens with throttle response if you dont hard wire directly to board.

thanks

anjoi666
03-30-2012, 03:03 PM
just curious,

I have been reading that when using plug and play setups you loose linear throttle<why is this?

what exaactly happens with throttle response if you dont hard wire directly to board.

thanks
What happens and has been stated before... it wont be smooth if you are running the linear throttle of 0-25-50-75-100. My HP05s pluged into the main motor plug shudders in normal mode before i take it off, but at 50% stick even in normal mode i fly with basically 100% just i have lowered pitch to 87.5 and throttle is even after 50 @ 100.
I do alot of 3d training not just flying around . This really does not bother me one bit. If i wanted some kind of sport flying machine i would not rig it to be such a 3D monster! Not sayin this doesnt do a great sport fly, just it punches the battery out fast as possible each time basically... so i might as well get the most out of my juice :thumbup: All depends what you want.

Incarus
03-30-2012, 08:58 PM
i guess what I was wondering is why the plug in play connectors prevent lineral throttle?

Dylwad
03-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Because they are plugged into a FET, something along the lines that the PWM signal coming out of the FET is pretty dirty when it doesn't have a load on it (like a brushed motor) so the rise and fall times of the PWM waveform isn't as clean as they are coming from the MCU, which is why linearity gets better when you put a resistor on the motor output. This is how I understand it anyways, I'm sure Its not the best explanation.

This mainly applies to the V1 board though, with its 8Khz PWM output, the Oversky 10A has 100% linear throttle on the V2 board (1 Khz PWM) when plugged into the main motor socket.

Dylan

Incarus
03-30-2012, 11:58 PM
thanks!!!! Dylan