PDA

View Full Version : Everyone is complaining about price but...

Pages : 1 [2]

jorge141020
04-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Agreed on not including the transmitter. But I think the same argument could be made for the charger. Why include a charger when it's assumed that most advanced pilots would already have one. For me, and I bet a lot of others, it'll end up sitting unused in a drawer. I'd rather save $20 on price. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Horizon. They've been coming out with some great stuff, I just don't see how including a charger benefits anyone.

aaronbru
04-20-2012, 09:41 AM
for the sole reason that I assume horizon reads these forums for feedback, I will chime in and agree that we don't want/need a charger.

I'd rather get another battery or some replacement parts if you must keep the price where it is.

The only thing wrong with the 450 3D BNF was that god awful DC charger. Totally useless to most of us.

Mojappa
04-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Agree completely about the charger, only advantage is that I don't have the plug yet for my Hyperion charger though rest assured it will be in my possession shortly after purchasing this little gem, and hopefully some nice Hyperion packs to go with it.

dribbe
04-20-2012, 10:45 AM
I really with they would consider a BNF basic w/o batt and charger

E flite/HH/ Blade Sorry to say but most of us have no use from your crappy Batterys or chargers

I only use Thunder power I charger's, and such name brand chargers, Same for batterys i would rather have a nano tech over a e flite battery.

For the record... the 35C battery with the 130X is excellent. (Will be hard to do better, and we rate conservatively.)
The charger is inexpensive and functions well, though some customers have several chargers....

Have Fun,
David

c3hutson
04-20-2012, 01:52 PM
For the record... the 35C battery with the 130X is excellent. (Will be hard to do better, and we rate conservatively.)
The charger is inexpensive and functions well, though some customers have several chargers....

Have Fun,
David

You can't blame us for being skeptical... especially if you are like me and your only blade products so far have been mCP X and mSR X. The batteries included with these helis are basically awful. Plug and play hyperions made both helis 10x more enjoyable for me.

dribbe
04-20-2012, 02:12 PM
You can't blame us for being skeptical... especially if you are like me and your only blade products so far have been mCP X and mSR X. The batteries included with these helis are basically awful. Plug and play hyperions made both helis 10x more enjoyable for me.

Not to anyone in particular....
There is skepticism, and there is stating a conclusion about a new product with no data... I am not opposed to the former.
----------------------------------
Sorry you have not been happy with our batteries...

I do however disagree with your observations in a general sense (I can never rule out a couple of defective batteries getting loose (exceptions). Please contact support if you feel you have a defective product.)
-the mCP X battery was good
-the mCP X v2 battery is quite good
-the mSR X battery is excellent... equal to best in class.
-the 130X battery is excellent...

the 300X and 450X batteries are very good, and probably equal to other batteries that are rated much higher than 30C. Very well suited to the job, and excellent cycle life and so forth.... very stand up batteries.

Best Regards,
David

firedragon
04-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Not to anyone in particular....
There is skepticism, and there is stating a conclusion about a new product with no data... I am not opposed to the former.
----------------------------------
Sorry you have not been happy with our batteries...

I do however disagree with your observations in a general sense (I can never rule out a couple of defective batteries getting loose (exceptions). Please contact support if you feel you have a defective product.)
-the mCP X battery was good
-the mCP X v2 battery is quite good
-the mSR X battery is excellent... equal to best in class.
-the 130X battery is excellent...

the 300X and 450X batteries are very good, and probably equal to other batteries that are rated much higher than 30C. Very well suited to the job, and excellent cycle life and so forth.... very stand up batteries.

Best Regards,
David

sorry my batteries for mcpx and msr aren't good, was just garbage.... i will never buy a battery like that, and the price?? lol....:rotf:wow2: we are not so stupid :bacon

dribbe
04-20-2012, 02:45 PM
sorry my batteries for mcpx and msr aren't good, was just garbage.... i will never buy a battery like that, and the price?? lol....:rotf:wow2: we are not so stupid :bacon

for clarity... msr or msr X?? (different)

The new 150 in the X is excellent, and the price is quite fair (at $3.99) for a GREAT battery typically delivered to a LHS in town and available for pickup and backed.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/msr-x-bnf-basic-BLH3250#t4

YMMV. Not everyone values the same thing. This does not make one group stupid.:face

Have Fun,
David

firedragon
04-20-2012, 03:07 PM
i was talking about msr and mcpx. however if i will buy 130x i will use hyperion 2S 550mah priced here at 12,7 euro, way better than 130x battery.

130x battery 35cx300mah=10,5A
hyperion 25c x 550mah=13,75A and some about 5min of 3D not 3,5....better for me at half price. i never go wrong with little hyperion battery, but on my 450 and 600 heli i dont use hyperion because don't like their bigger batteries ... but their little 1S are awesome on my msr and mcpx...:peace

dribbe
04-20-2012, 03:56 PM
i was talking about msr and mcpx. however if i will buy 130x i will use hyperion 2S 550mah priced here at 12,7 euro, way better than 130x battery.

130x battery 35cx300mah=10,5A
hyperion 25c x 550mah=13,75A and some about 5min of 3D not 3,5....better for me at half price. i never go wrong with little hyperion battery, but on my 450 and 600 heli i dont use hyperion because don't like their bigger batteries ... but their little 1S are awesome on my msr and mcpx...:peace
A bigger battery acts like.... a bigger battery... Heavier, but more energy... go figure....

Again, use CBA data to compare batteries... preferably from a non biased independent source... not a line or two of marketing or printing. (you can find the data in the mSR X thread...)

Our 150 is quite awesome (sorry, this thread has become the broken record thread with the same points offered over and over)

From the numbers above, consider a couple of things...
-it is just supplier supplied top line data from two different suppliers
-What does the device actually require to fly very well?? (see 130X vids... and even Hamish's independent comments)

Sadly, this keeps shifting from one size to another, and from performance to price with a nose bleeding frequency of shifting.... no points acknowledged... It is what it is...

I guess I have done my best to make my points... :DH

Have Fun,
David

Lessthanryan
04-20-2012, 04:19 PM
David,

Thank you very much for your imput and help here on the forums. It is great to actually be able to hear from HH product development directly. I apologize for some of the members rather brashness regarding the battery/views. The 150's worked great and my stockers on the MCPx2 seem very strong. I love reading how some members already know how something will perform without even seing, much less using it! Classic! :confused:

litehawkdown
04-20-2012, 04:46 PM
I have had no issues with my MCPX batteries. I got 1 year of use out of my first 4. I did not use the recommended .07 charge setting though. The MSR batteries lasted me not even 6 months while being charged at .01. I think most battery issues were caused by a instructed charge rate that was to high. I don't think this was something that HH did. This was probably a suggestion from the battery supplier. From the sounds of it (reading between the lines) HH might have made some kind of change because of this. :dontknow

Lessthanryan
04-20-2012, 05:09 PM
What charge rate would you reccomend for the MCPX batteries? I have a few stock(200mah) , 3 hyperions(250), and 5 nano techs (300mah)...Thanks! Stock charger for the time being

litehawkdown
04-20-2012, 05:29 PM
What charge rate would you reccomend for the MCPX batteries? I have a few stock(200mah) , 3 hyperions(250), and 5 nano techs (300mah)...Thanks! Stock charger for the time being

I charge mine on a MSR 4 port celectra charger with the pots turned down to .01. Takes longer to charge. But you get more bang for the buck. I was told .02 is fine as well.

stablehover
04-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Hey Dave don't go away. I like the HH representation on the forum. Your info is usually very straightforward and much appreciated. I would give that EYETALIAN feller a piece of my mind but I don't speak EYETALIAN. I think you can approach things on the forum in a right way and thats not it. Please keep throwing us nuggets it's pretty good stuff.

Lord Nelson
04-20-2012, 07:29 PM
I've been charging my mCP X batteries at .1 as well. I have four chargers going at any one time with ten batteries in total. The new stock batteries work just as well as the Hyperions. I have had no problems at all with about 25 cycles on all ten batteries. A low charge rate makes a big difference. Also I don't fly them down to LVC either.

dribbe
04-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys, I'll do my best to offer our point of view.

David