PDA

View Full Version : I just pre-ordered the 130x - anyone else?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Mojappa
04-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Right on, I'd imagine Jim Stoll (90% sure that's his name) will have a jig for making solid one's if the hollow one's split too easily. The ones on the mCP were OK but I did split one after a while. Most accounts of the solid shafts say they're basically indestructable. Another "time will tell" thing I guess. Thanks for the info as usual Merlin.

merlin3
04-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Np, to be honest i have had one mcpx one split which isnt bad after hundreds of crashes and flights. I have seen them broken too but not sure how that was managed. ive seen the 130x fall 30ft on to a gym floor with no damage after a messed up blade stop. Another one also went in yesterday at the bottom of a full speed piro loop with just one rear tail gear partially stripped. Seems to be pretty durable so far.
Btw my wife got to fly it for the first time yesterday, think that makes her the first female to fly a 130x : )

Mojappa
04-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Blade Stop? You saying you can auto this little guy or at least a mini auto (TH from a foot or two to float it down)?

I don't fear the hollow shaft so much but there's been mention of it from other members and no response to confirm the shaft material. I'm not gonna race out to gab up a solid shaft, hell I'm still on my second hollow mCP shaft.

bmlasater
04-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Fwiw....

Called Nadir and Rosie at MTA 10 minutes after I found out about it...Can't wait!!

John.

litehawkdown
04-15-2012, 11:51 PM
HH takes no money from customers - dealers or consumers - until the product ships. Heck, we even extend credit terms to dealers as do most wholesale businesses.

Thanks for putting the nail in that coffin.Now what can we pick on next:thinking JK:...:

Digital Don
04-15-2012, 11:53 PM
I saw the 130X up close and personal at the Weak Signals R/C Show over the weekend and liked it a lot.

The main reason I went to Toledo was to compare the 130X with the 300X. The 300X is very nice but after seeing both in person, the 130X is a much better match to my flying skills and the indoor venues I fly at.

My LHS is having a big sale later this month and I plan to order mine then. :YeaBaby:

Can't wait!

Don

litehawkdown
04-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Never split a main shaft on my MCPX (probably will now that I said that) and I hit the ground once so hard that I snapped a feathering shaft.:wow2:

Daniel880516
04-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Thanks for putting the nail in that coffin.Now what can we pick on next:thinking JK:...:

I can see that's your specialty since last few weeks reading your posts in the eflite/Blade main forum, Horizon should hire you, and we'll have 100% perfect products! :thumbup:

chrisconn2
04-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Let the inverted practice begin :)

slowcelica@gmail.com
04-16-2012, 02:50 PM
I just pre-ordered mine from amp draw with an extra set of tail gears. I hope the release date stays the same!

litehawkdown
04-16-2012, 03:14 PM
I can see that's your specialty since last few weeks reading your posts in the eflite/Blade main forum, Horizon should hire you, and we'll have 100% perfect products! :thumbup:

Funny thing is I am my own worse critic. My clients are always ecstatically happy with my work but I always like to show them how it could of been even better. They are always shocked by my need for perfection. Makes them call me back everytime though.:dontknow I guess I'm nuts because perfect can always be better in my mind. Drives my old lady nuts:rolling

Daniel880516
04-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Funny thing is I am my own worse critic. My clients are always ecstatically happy with my work but I always like to show them how it could of been even better. They are always shocked by my need for perfection. Makes them call me back everytime though.:dontknow I guess I'm nuts because perfect can always be better in my mind. Drives my old lady nuts:rolling

Understandable, but doesn't look like there is any perfect product in the RC Heli world, even with the most prestigious helis or electronics so far from my observation, but I'm liking what Horizon is doing, keep up the good work and bring us more exciting new products! With more accurate release date of course! :thumbup:

litehawkdown
04-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Understandable, but doesn't look like there is any perfect product in the RC Heli world, even with the most prestigious helis or electronics so far from my observation, but I'm liking what Horizon is doing, keep up the good work and bring us more exciting new products! With more accurate release date of course! :thumbup:

Yes HH seems to be on the right track. I do like the direction they are taking. They seem to have a lot of talented young individuals. Mikel and James are on a tare. Good to see this happening. Someone in the HH office knows talent when they see it. Now they should not hold them back and lets see what they come up with!:thumbup:

dexterous
04-16-2012, 08:56 PM
I pre-ordered from my LHS on Saturday :bacon

ebeing
04-17-2012, 11:02 AM
I've also pre-ordered from HH.
My first order directly through them.

I got an extra battery and tail gears.

:noups

450X
04-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Added myself to the list at Ampdraw.

130 X
04-17-2012, 02:00 PM
I just pulled the trigger on one , so count me in :thumbup:

Skapr1
04-17-2012, 04:44 PM
I also pre-ordered from HH 4/13. Should have included extra blades, batts etc...

montyZooma
04-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Thinking about pre ordering one of these but I have a few questions... Is it really worth doing if there could be first batch bugs (mcp x) and a parts shortage for the first month or so?? Should I just wait 1-2 months after the release? Thanks

130 X
04-18-2012, 05:32 AM
Thinking about pre peering one of these but I have a few questions... Is it really worth doing if there could be first batch bugs (mcp x) and a parts shortage for the first month or so?? Should I just wait 1-2 months after the release? ThanksI had a mCPX first day they were out , read all the stuff on the web , from people saying " Don't fly , it's dangerous! " I put on a set of safety glasses and was having a blast , only part i broke was a dogbone , and E-flite put four extras in the box . I had the best time , flying the stuffing out of it , while all the gloom and doomers were wringing their hands ;)

If you are worried about it , then don't order one . If you do order one and have problems , Horizon will cover it , They proved that last time around with the mCPX . Best regards :)

dasBlade450
04-18-2012, 05:51 AM
Decided to put a (temporary...???) hold on the 300X.....and pre-ordered a 130X from the LHS last week....plus 2 extra batteries.....
Gotta find a 130X Parts List and start "shopping".......!!!:thumbup:
Now......to fight the urge to be a "clock-watcher" 'til June!!!!:face
UPDATE: 130X Manual and Exploded View from Digital Don (earlier thread)!!!!!! Thanks!!

litehawkdown
04-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Without beta testers I would be broker and single. Can't wait to see the reviews!

chrisconn2
04-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Without beta testers I would be broker and single. Can't wait to see the reviews!

Glad to be of service :lol:

Twister773
04-19-2012, 06:40 PM
My hobby store said they will have 130x in stock tomorrow...

Mojappa
04-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Haha, right...