PDA

View Full Version : Noob question about the tail

victorb17
04-14-2012, 11:09 AM
As I currently only have the MCPx, I am very interested I something with inherently good tail performance. Am I wrong in assuming that the tail cannot "blow out" on the 300x because it is driven by the main motor? Therefor if the main motor bogged, then so did the tail so it really didn't affect anything. Right?:confused:

Imzzaudae
04-14-2012, 12:26 PM
When the main motor bogs as suggested it the helicopter quickly turns into a rock not a helicopter and you will be picking up peaces! A carful setup that will not allow the blade pitch to become more than the motor can handle will stop this problem.

Keep the revs up and you won't have any problems.
:thumbup:

BurritoSnake
04-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Also unless you plan on doing a lot of tic-tocs or any agressive negative to positive pitch, or other way around, move then this likely won't be a problem.

upankatz
04-14-2012, 08:20 PM
As I currently only have the MCPx, I am very interested I something with inherently good tail performance. Am I wrong in assuming that the tail cannot "blow out" on the 300x because it is driven by the main motor? Therefor if the main motor bogged, then so did the tail so it really didn't affect anything. Right?:confused:

If your mainrotor bogs, theoretically the beastx or any good gyro and servo combo will compensate for this and your tail should hold.....

InFocus
04-14-2012, 09:38 PM
A few things contribute to the severe mCPX blowouts. Obviously, it occurs when heavy handed with the collective. The tail is motor driven, and it is speculated that when you bog the mains, the tail also can get diminished voltage, right when you needed it most..