PDA

View Full Version : CP PRO Problem with G90 and Tail Rotor Motor

G-Mann
07-15-2007, 10:21 PM
I have a Blade CP Pro and have just installed the G90 Head Lock Gyro and if I follow the instructions in the Blade Owner User Manual listed below:

" In order to ensure proper operation and the best possible performance of the heading lock gyro, it will be necessary to disable the standard rate gyro and mixer in the -in-1 control unit. This is accomplished by turning the proportional mix trimmer pot on the -in-1 to the lowest, most counterclockwise position (-). No adjustment of the gyro gain trimmer pot on the -in-1 control unit is necessary."

After doing this I get NO tail motor power. I can run the throttle up all the way and the tail motor does not work. If I turn "Proportional Mix Trimmer" up I can get the tail motor to work.

What am I missing or doing something wrong since I can now not get the CPP to fly anymore. I was not very good in flying the CPP and now can't do anything with it. It seems that the G90 made things worse when I hoped that it would help me be able to hopefully fly the bird like I can do with my CX2. Maybe I jumped over to the CPP to early. I though I was ready but I guess not.

Thanks Gene :arggg:

txflyer
07-16-2007, 04:42 AM
the cx2 and cpp are 2 different helis. the only that the cx2 can help you with knowing wich way to move the sticks with the heli hovering in different directions. tail in, side in, nose in. do you have everything installed correctly ?

if you have to the proportional mix up alittle to get it to work then do so.
what ever it takes to fly btw the 3n1 cannot supply enough power to the tail motor to get it to hold. the g90 will help but it will still be a handful. you need 4 things well only 3 but you have a few options

new radio id go 2.4 so either a dx6 or a dx7. i got my dx6 for 80 bucks with out the rx wich was another 60.. so dont fip out on the prices good deals come along you just gotta find them and then jump on them..

gws dd tail with a new esc for the tail. i run a pixie 20p. i am shocked about this but i dont really get to much tail drift as the pack wears down. then punch full throttle i get hardly nothing in terms of the tail kicking out on me.

freestyle hobbies belt mod kit. a few guys here have it. mortificate should chim in on the subject of it. if you can afford 99 bucks shipped plus a new tail servo. this is the best route to take. but you need a better radio to use it...

upgrade your packs. the stock ecrap packs suck monkey balls. i still use mine tho. the tail esc made the biggest difference. neways you have alot of choices. hands down the best lipo is flightpower. all the 900ma ones are the same price. but to use thunderpower packs or flight power packs. your going to need a better changer and balancer you will be loking at somewhere between 100 if tis a good deal for most of if not all of what you need. all the way up to 200 for everything new. if you dont want to buy a new charger the electrifly power series 3s lipo packs that have the white plug that looks exactly like eflites balance plug can be charged perfectly good with the eflite charger