PDA

View Full Version : pheonix model preference?

P.I.Engineer
04-19-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm going to make a phoenix model that looks like the 7HV, it'll have the stock canopy and stock blades. If anybody can get me side pics of the green fusuno canopy, that'd be cool too, i like that canopy and will someday have one.

Do you guys have a preference which model i base it off of?

I've been flying/tuning the tdr to fly like i hope my 7HV flies, i'm finishing building mine tonight. Maiden tomorrow.

Choices i was thinking are
-TDR
-Trex 700 E fbl
-mikado 500 se fbl, scaled up

I'll post it with a variant and you guys can tell me how close i am. I have the tdr tuned to the way i like to fly, so adjust as needed.

myrseth
04-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Only heli I can to feel like my 7hv is based on the avant 90 active with a few modifications ;) namely stability 100% power cranked up and el sound, and tail tweak to make the tail more true speed + I cranked a bit on how contant it feels in stops.

Mine pretty much feel like the 7hv still its a flybar model. TDR, Trex and so on just feels wrong whatever I do with them.

kenny.c
04-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Im using the Trex 700E.....but I recon any of the 90 sized machines can be "tweeked" to feel right.....

Ken

mtymyk
04-20-2012, 07:28 AM
I added more weight to the TDR and it feels a bit more now like my 7hv

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

heathy
04-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Yes, TDR here @ 5.4kg 125% simulation speed model edit physics 100% Dual rates @ 80% for both ail & elev feels about right to me.... You could go further with the tweaks but i can't be bothered.

Ah Clem
04-20-2012, 11:10 AM
jrod155,

Thank you for doing this.

I modified the 700E to make it fly somewhat like a 7HV.

I would like to have a 7HV model, regardless of the paint job on the canopy (although it would be nice to have the stock canopy).

Mixmaster Pilot
04-20-2012, 11:28 AM
What aero drag settings are you guys using? The heli's in Phoenix are just so damn slow in outright speed!

P.I.Engineer
04-20-2012, 01:41 PM
jrod155,

Thank you for doing this.

I modified the 700E to make it fly somewhat like a 7HV.

I would like to have a 7HV model, regardless of the paint job on the canopy (although it would be nice to have the stock canopy).

i'm not making a whole new model, i'm just making the stock canopy for another heli.

I'll be working on it tonight, maybe i'll do a couple.

Also just got back from maidening. This is my first 700, wow, it was so precise, i couldn't believe it.

i'm also 0 for 2 on setting my tail gyro sense direction on the first try on my beastx setup. My 450x and this on first spool up did the crazy piro.

Ah Clem
04-20-2012, 02:04 PM
"i'm also 0 for 2 on setting my tail gyro sense direction"

This used to drive me crazy (not that it is a long drive...)

When you rotate the helicopter, the trailing edge should move in the direction that the tail moves in.

sarpilot
04-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Yes, TDR here @ 5.4kg 125% simulation speed model edit physics 100% Dual rates @ 80% for both ail & elev feels about right to me.... You could go further with the tweaks but i can't be bothered.

+1
That setup works very well maybe my laptop comes back from repair this weekend I hope…

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2