PDA

View Full Version : man this sucks!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

pellski89
04-21-2012, 11:34 AM
so i bought my 450x about 5 days ago and it wouldnt bind.... took it to a local hobby shop they couldnt get it... so HH sent me another receiver... so i just got off the phone with my LHS and they said that that receiver didnt work also... so now i have to send in the whole helicopter.... this sucks so bad... i think they need to do something for me for all this i have to put up with... i spent almost 500 bucks for this damn thing and i have to do all this... its just not right..... i should of save a few more bucks and got the trex 450 v2 3gx... and i would be good...

so i guess wish me luck!!!!

Maxthepersonz
04-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Honestly these new blades are awesome you will like it once they fix it. Hey at least they have a customer support unlike align :mad:...

Call them and make a good complaint. You can't go wrong with Horizons tech support they should do something for you.

benboy207
04-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Also 3GX is crap compared to Beast X. HH always makes things right, If a component was broken in an Align kit you'd be out of luck. I find it strange that the 2nd $240 BX unit is also broken. Almost as if your lhs is trying to pull one over on you and keep the BX unit.

03Bugeye
04-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Also 3GX is crap compared to Beast X. HH always makes things right, If a component was broken in an Align kit you'd be out of luck. I find it strange that the 2nd $240 BX unit is also broken. Almost as if your lhs is trying to pull one over on you and keep the BX unit.

Our local welding supply store, before they changed hands, had a guy hiding entire oxy/accyt set up in the back room. Along with $4-500 welding hoods..

dfbonney
04-21-2012, 01:46 PM

I hope you realize that the 3GX is a really good system (I've spent some time now getting my bx to feel more like the 3GX), yes it also has its quirks but this wasn't a thread to be bashing one system over another. Back on topic, what transmitter were you using? Was it a dx6i by chance. Lots of people locally have had initial binding issues with the 7200BX, the LHS isn't going to try to keep a unit or it would be a direct loss for them.

ahahn
04-21-2012, 04:49 PM
The chance that two AR7200BX units won't bind is just about zero.

There is something else wrong.

benboy207
04-21-2012, 05:09 PM
That's what's so strange to me. The BX unit should be able to bind regardless of anything else. The only other thing that could be the problem is the tx and they must have tried more than one at the lhs.

Kumba
04-21-2012, 07:53 PM
That's what's so strange to me. The BX unit should be able to bind regardless of anything else. The only other thing that could be the problem is the tx and they must have tried more than one at the lhs.

Never assume. I would ask the LHS if they have tried an in-house transmitter. If they don't have their own in-house transmitter then I would start wondering. The one here has half a dozen various ones just to prove something works or that a TX is bad.

pellski89
04-21-2012, 09:26 PM
They tried a dx8 and another one 11x not sure what brand..... And they were talking to hh techs the whole time and nothing worked

pellski89
04-21-2012, 09:29 PM
And I was there the whole time when they tried the first time with all there radios

Thalios
04-22-2012, 09:24 AM
The AR7200BX would not initialize if it gets faulty power from the ESC.

I'd check the soldering on the ESC plugs, and I'd try the AR7200BX in another heli or with another ESC.

2x AR7200BX faulty is VERY unlikely.

I suspect the ESC.

LawnDartHeli
04-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Didnt someone else on here say they had a pin that was backed out on their esc plug to the receiver? Maybe thats what goin on..just not getting a good connection?

nartac
04-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Why can't your lhs exchange the heli for a new one then they deal with hh themselves. You just bought the darn thing

jchandler
04-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Why can't your lhs exchange the heli for a new one then they deal with hh themselves. You just bought the darn thing

Yeah, I would be more dissapointed with the LHS than Blade in this case.

justinmccurdy25
04-22-2012, 10:55 AM
binding procedure!!!

VortechZ230
04-22-2012, 11:46 AM
A full and proper refund of Five Hundred Crackers should be in order to achieve a Happy State of well being!....Then.... go buy a Trex Sport V2 Heli.......

Thalios
04-22-2012, 11:52 AM
A full and proper refund of Five Hundred Crackers should be in order to achieve a Happy State of well being!....Then.... go buy a Trex Sport V2 Heli.......

Really?

pellski89
04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
so now its been a week since i had to send in the whole heli!! and i haven't heard a thing.... I'm going to call them tomorrow when i get off work to see what s going on.. i think they need to do something for me..for all this trouble... but i did just buy a traxxas slash to keep me busy!!

keep ya posted

jchandler
04-30-2012, 10:59 PM
They still have my motor that I shipped in on the 2nd of April.

Sambuka
05-01-2012, 06:32 AM

Sorry your saying downgrade to a FLYBAR? are you NUTS! Get this man his medicine. Nobody flys with flybar's after they have experienced the awesomeness of a BeastX. Unless they like the challenge of course ;-)

bradharvy
05-01-2012, 10:49 AM
They still have my motor that I shipped in on the 2nd of April.
To the OP. Agreed. Call em and demand a refund. Tell em you dodn't want it anymore since they have had it longer than you!! That's weird...Than go buy what ya want.

To JC... I am sorry to hear they still have not sent a motor to ya! Damn, I sent my whole heli back about the same time, Got a new one back, My motor was fine,... I would call and demand they pull a motor off of one they got back, undamaged from another heli.. Till they get new ones in.. Geez!
They have done it for me b4 with the little sbach umx, never had parts and I raised hell!! They grabbed a motor off a unit sent back and I was a happy customer.

This is why I love HH. But you do have to call till ya talk to the right guy sometimes. I have had one person say, can't help ya, Call right back and get a different person that treats ya like they should. :dontknow.

DominicD
05-01-2012, 10:52 AM
I hope you realize that the 3GX is a really good system (I've spent some time now getting my bx to feel more like the 3GX), yes it also has its quirks but this wasn't a thread to be bashing one system over another.

The 3G/Gx isn't in the same league as the Beastx. I actually had a chance to throw one of these helis around a few times this weekend, I was absolutely shocked by how it performed stock.

bradharvy
05-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Sorry your saying downgrade to a FLYBAR? are you NUTS! Get this man his medicine. Nobody flys with flybar's after they have experienced the awesomeness of a BeastX. Unless they like the challenge of course ;-)
I'm nuts to! I'm hopping the 4503d up with servos and a quark!! I love me a good fly barred bird. It never took off with a mind of it's own!! Freaking beast x!
No, I do love my 450x when it's flying good. Have had it back about 2 weeks maybe, Put about 6 hovers on it, took it to the field last night and here comes that "squealing" noise! Probably motor!! Never had any probs with the 4503d. Gonna be my go to heli!

mtuccio
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
The 3G/Gx isn't in the same league as the Beastx. I actually had a chance to throw one of these helis around a few times this weekend, I was absolutely shocked by how it performed stock.

Sorry but I can't agree with this statement. The 3GX is a very capable system that keeps up to the BeastX and in many ways outperforms it if setup correctly. The key statement being "setup correctly". You need to understand quite a bit about FBL controllers to get these to fly the way that you like but once they are locked in, they are locked in! The unit is very versitile and has many user adjustable parameters that make it so that small subtle behavoirs can be adjusted to suit any flying style. Watch the videos of the factory pilots on youtube and then come back here and tell me that this unit is not capable....They are flying the same unit you get when you buy the kit...There is nothing special about it...I spend enough time in Taiwan at the Align field to know....

The BeastX is a decent system, excellent stability out of the box, and easy to program. The directions are by far the best I've seen to date and this is a big part of the units success. The UI and the manual make it so that just about anyone can figure out and setup the system. For a first time experience into the world of FBL this is the beast road to take. So does this make it a "great performing system"? I don't know if I wouldn't go as far as to say this.....It's a good performer and I really do like the fact that field adjustments are pretty painless.

If you are looking for top shelf systems then shell out the cash and get a Vbar, Helicommand, or a Skookum.

Don't get me wrong here....I fly both and each one has its strong points.

Just my 2 cents....:thumbup:

DominicD
05-01-2012, 12:31 PM
I have watched factory pilot videos and they show the same flaws I see and feel when I fly a 3g setup. It is amazing that 3G owners say how great it is when setup perfectly (something they never seem to obtain), and how quick they change when switching over to a proper FBL system. I never fails, as soon as they switch they see how crap the 3G was.