PDA

View Full Version : Is MS Composit going under?

whtmex
07-18-2007, 09:02 AM
I've been flying helis for almost a year now, and wanted to try something different in the heli realm. Well, the Hirobo Chinook is waaaay out of my price range, and the Tech-MP Chinook is still in development. Then I stumbled on the MS CH-46. Looks like an OK kit, but a lot of people are out of stock. I did find a few dealers that have them, but then I went to the MS composit USA website and saw that this kit is listed under final clearance sales. I don't want to get a kit without parts support.

Anyone know what the deal is with this company?

v22chap
07-18-2007, 12:00 PM
I would suspect that the product didn't sell at all like they thought it would and with the trex one coming out ,,why stay with it ... Don't know this as fact though .
Most of the ms one is just hornet parts and they are still selling them .. I would think that they will stock parts for a long time yet as they aren't a small fly by night company.

whtmex
07-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Yeah. I figured I'd still be good on the basics like the rotor head parts and gears. What I'm nore concerned about is what happens if (when) I damage something that's kit specific.

I'd think they'd push the CH-46 even harder especially at their price. Joe at Tech-MP is saying base kit for the Twin Rex is gonna be ~$500 and thats without rotor heads.

joe@tech-mp
07-18-2007, 12:31 PM
The Twinn Rexx base kits are selling for $275 right now (pre-production).

That ~500 number is way off.

Joe

www.techmodelproducts.com

whtmex
07-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Sorry, Joe. I misread :oops: . I'm still buying the Twin Rexx when it's released, but I'm getting the itch for something new now.

DarkHorse
07-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi, there are 2 sites with similar addresses:

http://www.mscompositusa.com/ new MS USA :)

http://www.mscomposit-usa.com/ old MS USA distributor

whtmex
07-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks, Man. The new site has everything I was looking for. My new "baby" should be here either today or tomorrow. Looking forward to this new challenge. From all the upgrades to my T-rex, I just happen to have all the electronics laying around.

slybynight
08-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Oh Joe - Pls post another tempting nugget on your website - I check it everyday to see if there is any news on the twin rotor project. I dont know why, its not like I could ever afford one (the 2 heads are the problem not your kit). I just need something to lust after.