PDA

View Full Version : problems with futaba fast radio systems

ryansjoblom
05-06-2012, 01:07 AM
I've been reading online about futaba fast transmitters in general having defects that could cause loss of control. I wonder if those problems are fixed.

Old Sloppy
05-06-2012, 05:42 PM
What problems ?

GunnyGlow
05-06-2012, 05:46 PM
No...that was the dx8 from Spek. :rolling

I think they got it sorted, though.

Mercuriell
05-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Futaba FASST systems are legendary for their LACK of problems

Ah Clem
05-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Early on, there were several issue with Futaba FASST:

1) On the lower level transmitters (6ch) and some of the modules, some left the factory with the same/identical GUID (all zeros). I think this occurred the most in Europe, as the posts regarding the problems all came from there, as I recall. There was not a great deal of this reported, just enough to notice it.

2) Again, on the lower level models, there was a combination of switch movements reported that could re-set the GUID to all zeros, creating a problem similar to #1, above.

3) There were heat issues reported in large, fixed wing models, where the link between the transmitter and receiver would be lost when the receiver heated up. This was usually reported in geographic locations where the temperatures got very warm and the models were parked on blacktop runways, and/or where the receiver was subjected to fairly intense heat from "can" type exhaust systems.. This was on the 14 channel receivers only, I believe.

Futaba corrected everything, as I recall.

There were some very long threads on the subject on the "Flying Giants" forum (with people attacking and defending Futaba to the extend that it was difficult to sort out what the issues actually were.

This was all very, very early on, and I have not heard of an issue with Futaba FAAST, for a very long time.

Mike2112
05-06-2012, 08:14 PM

:rolling

Where "online" have you been reading?

Mike2112
05-06-2012, 08:16 PM

:rolling

To the OP, where "online" have you been reading?

KouDy
05-07-2012, 02:54 AM
I have my 10C tested in really heavy environment and didn't have a single problem with it so it would be hard to believe that there are problems with signal (unless you have faulty hardware, that can happen to all brands ofc).

PlaneHazza
05-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Probably going to regret tempting fate, but touch wood, I have NEVER had one single issue with a futaba FASST system, not even a single glitch.

Phaedrus
05-10-2012, 10:46 PM
I've flown my FASST radios in gliders, helis, pattern, and IMAC planes and never had a single issue. That includes flying carbon fiber and glass gliders with 4 meter spans to the limits of my vision, and sometimes closer to the ground at distance than most would do. Zero issues.

abanihani
05-11-2012, 01:54 PM
I had JR and spectrum in the past with many binding errors, sold them and got Futaba, will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever go back. FUTABA ROCKS :noteworthy

shadco
05-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Seems like a drive by post.

OP hasn't been back to the thread.

Gorilla Marketing anyone?

Mike2112
05-16-2012, 09:58 PM
I agree 100%. Same boat here, Futaba just makes a great product. Hell yes, the answer is simple...Futaba Rocks, and their customer service is excellent. I sent a CGY750 in to be fixed and they got it back to me in less than 7 days, wasn't charged a penny. Gorilla product!!!!