PDA

View Full Version : Please some one do a video for me

Pages : [1] 2

thomascoleman
05-08-2012, 07:46 AM
guys can some one please do a video just showing heli powered on and how the swash plate moves when moving the dx6i stick

also how the swash plate moves when increasing throttle

benboy207
05-08-2012, 08:08 AM
I think it's you who has asked this a couple times now.... Just go through your beast X setup, specifically setup menu G. Make it so the servo horns are 90 degrees with the linkages.

thomascoleman
05-08-2012, 08:09 AM
I think it's you who has asked this a couple times now.... Just go through your beast X setup, specifically setup menu G. Make it so the servo horns are 90 degrees with the linkages.

i dont know why its so much hard work just to get a video from someone.

Ive gone through all the setups etc and done my own video

i just want to be 110% sure. :mad:

aloys24
05-08-2012, 08:11 AM
guys can some one please do a video just showing heli powered on and how the swash plate moves when moving the dx6i stick

also how the swash plate moves when increasing throttle

When I am in throttle hold with a linear pitch curve (0,25,50,75,100)

At low stick the swash is at its highest point and at high stick the swash is at its lowest point.

The swash should remain level throughout all levels of movement with the left stick!!

Since it is flybarless the swash will look weird when moving the right stick. It will not return to level instantly when you bring it back to the neutral position, it will have a little delay and slowly move back.

benboy207
05-08-2012, 08:24 AM
Alright, go into setup G. Check to make sure your swash is level. If your links are at 90 degrees then adjust the linkages to get a level swash, make sure this is done in setup menu G. Also while in G, check your pitch to make sure you are at 0, if not adjust all 3 links accordingly up or down. If your swash is perfectly level you should be able to fold your blades together and have them touch, this is just a quick test though.

Right, with that done exit the setup menu. Check to make sure that you're swash moves down when you raise the collective and up when you lower the collective. Push left on the right stick, the swash should tilt left, push right on the right stick, the swash should tilt right. Push forward on the right stick, the swash should tilt forward, push back on the right stick the swash should move back.

Now go fly!

thomascoleman
05-08-2012, 08:26 AM

This is getting far to complex.

Alll i have done is replace the servo's so i dont think i need to fiddle with the beast X.

I think its more setting swash limits.

All i want is a video of a stock unit going through the motions.

why all the coffele.

aloys24
05-08-2012, 08:47 AM

Alll i have done is replace the servo's so i dont think i need to fiddle with the beast X.

why all the coffele.

when you change a servo you need to set up beast x.

Beast X is the heart of your helicopter it controls everything. You need to learn how to make adjustments within it and now is the time. Setting swash limits is done within beast x!

Maxthepersonz
05-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Might be able to get you a video later tonight. See how much time I have.

thomascoleman
05-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Might be able to get you a video later tonight. See how much time I have.

:bacon

RodneyK
05-08-2012, 12:18 PM
There are some setup videos in the BeastX forum. They're sticky posts.

Flying_Amp
05-08-2012, 12:48 PM

why all the coffele.

People are trying to tell you, a nice wee vid of a swash moving up and down is not going to do any good whatesoever, i and others have tried to help as much as possible, but just repeating the same question i am afraid is going to get you the same answer!

You will have to do a complete set up for the new servo's (Been there got the T -shirt) so i know from experiance!

Follow the individual vids in the Beast X forum on here and you cannot go wrong.

Sorry to be so blunt, but there's a good few threads now asking the same question.

If you dont set it up as folk have described... prepare for the worst! You will crash.

mtuccio
05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Did you replace your servo with a standard stock servo? If so then you should verify the setup in the BeastX. If not, then you need to do a complete setup in the beastX again.

Flying_Amp
05-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Did you replace your servo with a standard stock servo? If so then you should verify the setup in the BeastX. If not, then you need to do a complete setup in the beastX again.

He has fitted Savox 0257MG's m8

mtuccio
05-08-2012, 01:32 PM
If he did this then he is going to need to reverse the Ail, Ele, Pit servo direction in the Tx and then go back through and do the setup complete. Thanks for clearing that up....:thumbup:

Sambuka
05-08-2012, 01:58 PM
I just installed new hitec 5065mg servos, plan to become a beastx expert you'll need it as a full setup is what you need. Took me a day to study and resetup it all but now I'm very confident and it helped me build my new trex 450 with beastx so it's very well worth doing

Yeah and I had to reverse all my servos when I installed them btw.

Heli_Jelly
05-08-2012, 02:07 PM
i dont know why its so much hard work just to get a video from someone.

Ive gone through all the setups etc and done my own video

i just want to be 110% sure. :mad:

It's crazy how demanding we can get on these forums... Remember youre asking someone to take time out of there busy day to help an audience of 1. I would revise my approach.

Talesin
05-08-2012, 02:12 PM
If he did this then he is going to need to reverse the Ail, Ele, Pit servo direction in the Tx and then go back through and do the setup complete. Thanks for clearing that up....:thumbup:
Yep. Which is why at least I am getting kind of frustrated at the repeated requests for a video. It sounds like he's going to try to 'guess' the cyclic and pitch limits from looking at the video, rather than doing a proper setup, when the ONLY useful thing that will be taken from a video is 'Throttle up, swash moves down. Cyclic left, swash tilts left. Cyclic forward, swash tilts forward, and vice-versa'... all of which is listed in the 450 X pre-flight checklist in the manual. Same with the cyclic limits; no way to tell if his new servos will bind from a video based on the stock ones, and the clearance on the pitch links/follower arms is so fine the only real way to determine that is to actually move to all cyclic extremes at max and min pitch (after setting those up correctly) and turn the head, looking and listening for servo bind buzz (as opposed to just normal idle chatter) and making sure nothing strikes against anything else.

Needs to do a full-from-step-zero BeastX setup properly, including looking up the new servos' refresh rate and setting that up too. But instead, old threads are updated asking for a video, new threads are created asking for a video, and I start to wonder if he's just violently allergic to pitch gauges.

AR90
05-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Yep. Which is why at least I am getting kind of frustrated at the repeated requests for a video. It sounds like he's going to try to 'guess' the cyclic and pitch limits from looking at the video, rather than doing a proper setup, when the ONLY useful thing that will be taken from a video is 'Throttle up, swash moves down. Cyclic left, swash tilts left. Cyclic forward, swash tilts forward, and vice-versa'... all of which is listed in the 450 X pre-flight checklist in the manual. Same with the cyclic limits; no way to tell if his new servos will bind from a video based on the stock ones, and the clearance on the pitch links/follower arms is so fine the only real way to determine that is to actually move to all cyclic extremes at max and min pitch (after setting those up correctly) and turn the head, looking and listening for servo bind buzz (as opposed to just normal idle chatter) and making sure nothing strikes against anything else.

Needs to do a full-from-step-zero BeastX setup properly, including looking up the new servos' refresh rate and setting that up too. But instead, old threads are updated asking for a video, new threads are created asking for a video, and I start to wonder if he's just violently allergic to pitch gauges.

+1 :thumbup:

You're going to have to learn to do this eventually, now is the best time.. It's really not as hard as you think..

mtuccio
05-08-2012, 07:54 PM

+1 on this

I don't know exactly what a video is going to show the OP of the thread. I've been using the BeastX unit since it came out so all of this stuff is kind of like old news to me. I think it takes me a whole 10-15 minutes to go through a complete setup on the unit starting with the head on the heli. I personally think that Horizon made a mistake by not including the hard copy of the AR7200BX manual in the 450 X package. Some of the questions being posed now seem very simple in nature and would be easy to find in the book if it was handy.....:thumbup:

RodneyK
05-08-2012, 10:35 PM
I wish they would have included the full manual, as you've said. I bought another AR7200BX to go into my 6HV and that manual has been invaluable. I'm now able go through the entire setup rather quickly after doing it a few times.

+1 on this

I don't know exactly what a video is going to show the OP of the thread. I've been using the BeastX unit since it came out so all of this stuff is kind of like old news to me. I think it takes me a whole 10-15 minutes to go through a complete setup on the unit starting with the head on the heli. I personally think that Horizon made a mistake by not including the hard copy of the AR7200BX manual in the 450 X package. Some of the questions being posed now seem very simple in nature and would be easy to find in the book if it was handy.....:thumbup:

Maxthepersonz
05-09-2012, 12:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_3e2QIsF9k&feature=youtu.be

Here man I through this together fast. Do what it says your heli will work.

you MUST! preform the step I mentioned in the video where the light is set to off. If you do not do this the helicopter will simply correct backwards from the stock settings and tip over over and over again!

Basically here:
Reverse all servo's in TX.
Place setting M in the beast X so the light is OFF
Make sure everything mechanical as well as endpoints and servos centered on the BEAST.
FLY!

thomascoleman
05-09-2012, 08:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_3e2QIsF9k&feature=youtu.be

Here man I through this together fast. Do what it says your heli will work.

you MUST! preform the step I mentioned in the video where the light is set to off. If you do not do this the helicopter will simply correct backwards from the stock settings and tip over over and over again!

Basically here:
Reverse all servo's in TX.
Place setting M in the beast X so the light is OFF
Make sure everything mechanical as well as endpoints and servos centered on the BEAST.
FLY!

thank you so much will give it a crack tonight :bacon

thomascoleman
05-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Just to confirm you reversed the servos in the dx7 and the beastx?

mtuccio
05-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Just to confirm you reversed the servos in the dx7 and the beastx?

Slow down my friend......I would hate to see you get hurt over this. These helis can bite hard when they want and it isn't fun when it happens. Disconnect the motor or pull the pinion off the motor before you do this setup.

Here is what you should do:

Spend some quality time with the AR7200BX manual and read it from end to end (multiple times is better)
Load the default parameters back into the BeastX unit (this will set it to the way that it came out of the box when you got the 450 X)
Set the parameters as they instruct in the manual for the DX7
Install you servos (I know that you have already done this!)
Reverse the channels for the Ail, Ele, and Pit servos since the Savox run backwards to the E-flites.
Go through the AR7200BX setup for Menu E, G, J, K, L, M, and N
Pre-flight check
Spool up without ANY Blades (vibration check watching the swash movement)
Spool up with Tail Blades (vibration check and making sure the tail is setup correct)
Spool up with Main and Tail Blades (vibration check)
Test hover once all is good
What you shouldn't do:

Change settings in the BeastX without understanding what you are doing.
What a video that might be you exact same setup in hardware and follow this without understanding (You can have 2 servo wires changed around and this setup means nothing)
It really is CRITCAL that you understand what you are doing here because there are a few different ways to hook things up and get it running correctly. Because of this don't assume anything and please verify everything before you fly. Do you know anyone else that flies helicopters? I personally would have them take a look over your setup once you are done just to make sure that it is correct. There is no shame in doing this and I have been asked to review many high end setups by some very experienced pilots just to be certain. It's easy to miss things at times and always good to have a second pair of eyes to verify things.

Hope this helps...:thumbup:

Maxthepersonz
05-09-2012, 01:31 PM
I did not reverse the servo's in both just in the TX. On the RX you have to set the way it senses/corrects to reverse because the Beast has to run them backwards as well I believe.

I said I was going to make a super quick video on what my settings were just for the Savox's. Not a full heli setup. Thanks for adding all that though!