PDA

View Full Version : anyone know abt kds 40a ll esc setup or got manual?

chris4214
05-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi, I'm building mini titan v2 fl and installed kds 40a ll esc from innova 450, wanna set my kds 40a ll esc..but I don't have a manual.

and can't find any information or manual abt it on google and even kds web.

anyone have a manual ? or know how to set it ?

Keith C.
05-20-2012, 01:28 AM
I have an instruction manual that came with my KDS 450. It's for the CMX-40A-GL brushless ESC.

Don't know if it'll work as a departure point for you but if so let me know.

Ghostflyer1
06-11-2012, 11:35 AM
They are essentially the same speed controllers. They program the same. Please use caution and remove the main rotor blades when Programming. They sometimes jump out of programming mode if the radio is to close. Personal experience and surgery on 3 of my fingers due to and oppsss

bangwings
07-23-2012, 07:44 AM
They are essentially the same speed controllers. They program the same. Please use caution and remove the main rotor blades when Programming. They sometimes jump out of programming mode if the radio is to close. Personal experience and surgery on 3 of my fingers due to and oppsss
How do you program them, i have a KDS 450SV Stock brushless esc, i never heard of programming it, it was always hook up the 3 wires and if it spinned backwards, swap any 2 wires. Educate this esc newbie.

bangwings
07-23-2012, 07:49 AM
How do you program them, i have a KDS 450SV Stock brushless esc, i never heard of programming it, it was always hook up the 3 wires and if it spinned backwards, swap any 2 wires. Educate this esc newbie.
I have the manual and it says nothing about the esc and how to properly connect them in the correct plugs coming of the motor, when i turn mine on, just a series of random tones, i switch 2 wires and get a different set of tones, this esc has worked fine on this heli since i had it, i unplugged them to replace motor with exact stock motor, went to hook them back up and nothing but tones and beeps??? Any advice in this frustrating but simple dilema?

asker857
11-03-2012, 12:50 AM
KDS 40A ESC Programming Instructions (Excerpt (copy pasted from downloaded pdf)

4. THROTTLE SETTING INSTRCTIONS:
Throttle setting is only used for using ESC first time or using ESC match new transmitter
A. Turn on transmitter, move the throttle stick to the top point, switch on ESC power.
B. There is “di---” sound on brushless motor, when ESC switches on.
C. Wait for 2 seconds, then brushless motor will utter “di---di---”, when the throttle reaches the top point.
D. Move the throttle stick to the low point.
E. Wait for 1 second, then brushless motor will utter “di---”, when throttle reaches the low point.
F. When brushless motor utters“di---di---di------di”, when all ready.
G. Then you can use ESC.
5. PROCESS INSTRUCTIONS OF NATURAL USING
A. Turn on transmitter, move the throttle stick to the low point,
B. Brushless motor utters “di---”, when power is on.
C.Brushless motor utters “di---di---di------di”, when all ready.
D.Then you can use ESC.
6. ESC PROGRAMM SETTING
There are four steps:
a. Enter progamming
b. Choose setting item.
c. Choose parameter item under setting item.
d. Exit.
A. ENTER PROGRAM MODE
a. Turn on transmitter, move the throttle stick to the top point, connect up ESC power.
b. Brushless motor utters “di---”, when power is connected up.
c. Wait for 2seconds, then brushless will utter “di---di---”.
d. Go on waiting for 5 seconds, then brushless motor will utter “di---”, when program enteres.
B. CHOOSE SETTING ITEM。
CAUTION: Entering program mode, brushless will utter some tones circularly, when you hear some tone, move the throttle stick of transmitter to the low point in 2 seconds and enter the setting item, or brushless will utter next setting item tones. Some tones circularly are as follows:
a. “di---” brake setting tone
b. “di—di---” battery type setting tone
c. “di---di---di---” low-voltage protection mode setting tone
d. “di---di---di---di---” low-voltage protection voltage value setting tone
e. “di---” startup mode setting tone
f. “di—di---” timing option setting tone
g. “di---di---di---” set to default setting tone
h. “di—di---” exit setting tone
C. CHOOSE SETTING ITEM PARAMETER
CAUTION: Brushless motor will utter serval typies tones circularly, after choosing some setting item. After some tone,if you move the throttle stick of transmitter to the top point in 1 second, it means that you choose the setting parameter which corresponds to the tone, then the brushless motor will utter “di---”, it indicates ESC has chosen the parameter and will keep it enduringly. If you do not want to set up other parameters, you can move the throttle stick to the low point in 2 seconds to exit programme setting item fleetly, if you want to go on setting up other parameters, please return the step of CHOOSE SETTING ITEM to choose other setting items.
7. The corresponding parameter diagram of tones:
TONE
SETTING ITEM
DI
DI-DI
DI-DI-DI
Brake setting
▲OFF
ON
Inefficacy
Battery type setting
▲ Lithium battery
NiMH/NiCd battery
Inefficacy
low-voltage protection mode setting
▲Decrease power output
Turn off power
Inefficacy
Low-voltage protection voltage value setting
low
▲middle
high
Startup mode setting
▲fast-start
mild-start
soft-start
Timming option setting
▲low
middle
high
Remakes: the option marked “▲”is factory default parameter.
8. SIMPLE INSTRUCTION OF EVERY FUNCTION
BRAKE SETTING
OFF: When the throttle stick of transmitter is on the lowest point, brushless motor will cease gradually with rotation inertia.
ON: When the throttle stick of transmitter is on the lowest point, ESC control brushless motor which will cease fleetly.
BATTERY TYPE SETTING
Lithium battery: Lithium hydronium battery or Lithium polymer battery
NiMH /NiCd battery: Nickel-Metal Hydride battery /Nickel-Cadmium battery
LOW-VOLTAGE PROTECTION MODE SETTING
Decrease power output: when voltage value of battery is lower than enactment value of ESC, ESC will decrease power output, this condition will last about 10 seconds, at last, ESC colse output.
Close power output: when voltage value of battery is lower than enactment value of ESC, ESC will colse power output at once.

KDS Wes
11-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Hey Bangwings, Programming the KDS ESC is not an easy task, from my experience they can and will spool up during set-up, the Heli will spool up due to leaving the program mode while still programming,as you use the TX sticks to select your programs definetly take the blades off. I had blades off ,the Heli held down,the whole nine yards.If you can, I highly suggest nixxing the KDS ESC, as I had mine go nuts on me while in flight,revving up and down,barely saved the Heli. The Hobbywing ESC is $40 bucks (myrcmart.com)and for $9 more you get the programming card,that card makes it so simple my cat could program it :D Good luck and fly safe.