PDA

View Full Version : First synergy!!!!!!

jgalen0025
05-16-2012, 07:10 PM
I just received my first synergy(n5c)
I have to say this is truly an amazing quality, beefy bird. I wonder If I found a contender for my fury 55. Kudos to Matt
I have to honestly say it is the best bird I have ever had the chance to own an I have had about 17 helis altogether.
The design and quality is impeccable
Just had too say:peace

ChuckL
05-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Congrats on the new heli, it will be interesting to see a comparison to the Fury 55. I debated between the N5c and the Fury and ended up getting the Fury. I have a Velocity that I am thinking about replacing and may get the N5c. I have had plenty of different Helis and the Fury is the best on I have had, I love that bird but have also been very interested in the N5c since it came out.

jgalen0025
05-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Replace that velocity real quick
You will never look back I gaurantee you

drdispatch
05-17-2012, 10:51 AM
While I don't have a Fury 55 I do have a Furion 6 and believe my N5c was slightly in the quality department. For my level of flying I doubt I'll notice any big flight differences.

I cant afford to put any guts in it but did assemble it 90% and the build took just a few hours. All I lack is tearing the head and tail down for grease.

What are you putting in yours? I think I'm going to do the CGY 750, YS 56SR on the way, pipe to be determined, Might do 610s on the cyclic for cost and a BLS251 tail. 9650 Throttle. Rail 606 mains and 96 tails. Can't wait to get this thing flying.

ClubCRASH
05-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Welcome on your purchase. If you need extra help you can also go the the Synergy forum at: www.synergyrchelicopters.com/forum.

frypan
05-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Awesome man,
I'd like to know what you think about the 55 over the N5c

ChuckL
05-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Replace that velocity real quick
You will never look back I gaurantee you

Ya I had two Velocities great flying heli but the Fury is better and zero maintenance or issues since I started flying it this spring about 50 flights so far and nothing but pefection fuel and go. I expect the Nc5 would be the same and will probably replace the other Velocity with one.

jgalen0025
05-19-2012, 11:40 PM
I have toreport that I absolutely hate!!! Push pull system on this bird
It is a pain to setup and adds weight not optimal for fbl
So fury wins in that dept
Also I like how easy it is to drop the engine and take out the tank
I wish there was a better electronics placement
Full review coming

ChuckL
05-20-2012, 01:34 PM
That is actually why I picked the Fury, it is such a simple design and easy to work on not that I have needed to though. The other issue on the Synergy is how little material is left on the frame in front of the main gear looks like a weak area in a crash. I have seen some crash pictures with the heli split in half not an issue I guess if ya keep it in the air though.

drdispatch
05-21-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't like the cranks either. I would love to see another N5 iteration with direct to swash.

I've heard the N5c crashes well :dontknow

I am liking parts quality and the build was fun for me.

jgalen0025
05-21-2012, 12:20 PM
A couple of other things after my first 10 flights on it yesterday.
I had to adjust to phasing arms bc it was off about 1-2degrees(they should be built into the head block

I mounted the vbar sensor behind the main shaft with a metal plate going across the frames(there should be a mounting option there as there are less vibrations instead of directly above the engine)

COntrary to popular belief this heli can generate static I forgot to spray the belt and i got two static hits(didnt lead to anything bad)

This heli flies amazing especially with vbar. I set everything up without a swash level just eyeing it. It was hands off hovering 1 ft off the ground AMAZING! If you were to compare this heli to a 600nitro, it flies like a masarati:noteworthy and the 600n flies like a v6 mustang

ALso the blades arent my cup of tea. There is wind almost every weekand here and these blades dont BITE barely at all compared to my mav wc vst. Although they are smooth and dont bog the engine they need to be able to bite the air when i need them. I have vbar collective reduce on governer to deal with that.

I love the belt system(exactly identical in performance as the fury 55)(all my helis are belts)

One more thing, Although this heli flies awesome it is almost a half-3/4 lb heavier than my fury ready to go so it would def be better on 620mm blades which i will try and report back.

Overall the N5C will never leave my fleet as it is an awesome flying bird and top notch quality. This is one of the best helis i have ever flown and that ultimately made my decision that this one is a keeper!!!

vboy55
05-22-2012, 05:49 PM
How about some pics of that fine flying bird

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgalen0025
05-23-2012, 09:34 PM
here are some picks and comparison to fury 55

vboy55
05-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Looks good

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beans07
06-21-2012, 02:04 AM
Is the metal plate glued on to the carbon frames or just held with a cable tie?

frypan
06-21-2012, 02:47 AM
What pipe is that on the fury 55 looks sweet

jgalen0025
06-21-2012, 10:11 PM
The metal plate is held on with a small bead of clear silicone caulking (for vibration dampening and with the cable tie in addition holds the plate on and the vbar to the plate

The pipe is actually the os powerboost pipe limited edition black but the anodizing faded and now it looks like a really cool copper color

jgalen0025
06-25-2012, 02:21 PM
I REally want to run the top hole on the head block to lower center of gravity is there any negatives to this?

drdispatch
06-25-2012, 02:24 PM
I read a lot of guys thoughts on this and most say to try each hole and fly it to see what you think.

I've not ran anything but the bottom so I can't comment much more than that.

The information I'm referencing was on the Synergy forums I think...I'll see if I can dig it up.

BladeFartz
07-05-2012, 05:45 PM
I REally want to run the top hole on the head block to lower center of gravity is there any negatives to this?

DO IT!:Bang

frypan
07-07-2012, 04:05 AM
DO IT!:Bang

+1 to that!!!

ibepilot1
07-21-2012, 05:09 PM
All I can say is your gonna love the way she fly's.. Nothing more to say.