Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 550 Class Electric Helicopters

550 Class Electric Helicopters 550 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail fin vibration

alright i got my 550 up and put 3 flights on it and absolutly love it but when i hit around 80 percent throttle and up the tail fin is vibrating a good half inch, no binding in the tail and all the gears sound smooth had to be a vibration issue. i have read about people chasing this problem but have not heard of any solutins ...... any ideads?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The solution is to put the T-Rex 700 tail fin on it - seriously. The 550 fin is thinner & flimsier. That's all there is to it really, unless you just WANT to put another TT bearing in the boom. I have 2 & several other people are using 2 or 3. There's probably no need to go that far, just put the 700 tail fin on & see how that does first.
Spektrum DX8
MeatRocket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks i figured as much when i can flick it and it just vibrates i assumed that would be the prob ... thanks
Old 06-20-2012, 03:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdsguy1 View Post
alright i got my 550 up and put 3 flights on it and absolutly love it but when i hit around 80 percent throttle and up the tail fin is vibrating a good half inch, no binding in the tail and all the gears sound smooth had to be a vibration issue. i have read about people chasing this problem but have not heard of any solutins ...... any ideads?
Or double the 550 fin and put a screw with a locknut through the hole at the bottom to hold the two fins firmly together. It stops the resonance vibration just fine.
mmarian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

700 Fin for me.

G.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How ironic. I just ordered a G10 fin from Helidirect. My plan is to sandwich them together with CA glue. I will let you know how it turns out.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Used a 600 2mm fin on mine and worked fine also
wagner112 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in