PDA

View Full Version : Swashplate assembly for extreme??????

RPM 1.5
04-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Been flying Extreme for a little while and have notice that when I turn on heli there is very small amount of movement between swashplate and connnecting rods just before putting inputs in servo's,it just does not seem correct and I'm trying to figure out how to make it so there is no movement in swashplate,everything is even on rods and swashplate does move nice and level with collective,NOW when heli is turned off I don't see any play in swashplate,WHATS WRONG any info would be helpful,could it be that the little set screws in swash plate needs to be ajusted
Thank for any Info
Ray

ChrisS
04-13-2004, 08:27 AM
Hi Ray

It's common for a little play to develop in the swashplate over time. The reason you see it when the system is powered up is because the bottom of the plate is being held very rigid by the servos and when the system is powered down there is little support for the bottom plate so it all moves together freely.

The top and bottom plates are held together along with the bearings through a swage or crimp.

The set screws are for preloading the bearing and will likely have no effect on this issue.

Keep an eye on it, if it worsens you should send it in to be re-swaged.

Chris

RPM 1.5
04-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Hi Ray

It's common for a little play to develop in the swashplate over time. The reason you see it when the system is powered up is because the bottom of the plate is being held very rigid by the servos and when the system is powered down there is little support for the bottom plate so it all moves together freely.

The top and bottom plates are held together along with the bearings through a swage or crimp.

The set screws are for preloading the bearing and will likely have no effect on this issue.

Keep an eye on it, if it worsens you should send it in to be re-swaged.

Chris

Thank You for info
Ray