PDA

View Full Version : t-rex / dx7 / ar7000 / gy240 how do I ?

myjbm
08-15-2007, 03:00 PM
hey everyone! ok so thats what i got & have gone round & round w/ horizon & futaba, cant seem to find the right way to get the 240 to work properly to stop turning to the Left - seems once i get it up around 4-5 ft the rex wants to nose Left and then i react with full Right stick & nothing! :arggg:
i have to set it down in a hurry or its gonna have an intimate moment w/ the grass, floor etc. PLEASE someone tell me you have seen & conquered this before! i am seriously jonesing to fly, it has been happening for almost a month now! O, i just got a 9650 for the tail, same result. Not sure where to look here, there is so much good stuff to check out!
thanks very much,
john@myjbm.com

gorn
08-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Have you setup your tail in Rate mode first?
Set rate mode, mechanically trim the tail till it will hold steady in a hover (move the servo back and forth on the boom, dont use subtrim), then switch to HH.
Some people have good results with just set and forget, others have to do it this way.
You got nothin to lose, give it a go, and tell me if it works for you.
I never had tail drift probs, but I always had a slowly wagging tail. This fixed it.
Good luck.

joehelicopter
08-21-2007, 12:16 PM
:thumbup:hey everyone! ok so thats what i got & have gone round & round w/ horizon & futaba, cant seem to find the right way to get the 240 to work properly to stop turning to the Left - seems once i get it up around 4-5 ft the rex wants to nose Left and then i react with full Right stick & nothing! :arggg:
i have to set it down in a hurry or its gonna have an intimate moment w/ the grass, floor etc. PLEASE someone tell me you have seen & conquered this before! i am seriously jonesing to fly, it has been happening for almost a month now! O, i just got a 9650 for the tail, same result. Not sure where to look here, there is so much good stuff to check out!
thanks very much,
john@myjbm.com