PDA

View Full Version : lama V3 parts-homebrewing

va3sax
10-02-2007, 11:34 AM
I've got my Lama V3 on the way however The dealer I bought it from didn't have a heck of a lot in relation to parts other than replacements for the stock parts. I'm wondering if it would be plausible to replace the canopy and the tail boom with one's that I've made myself?

dmulligan
10-03-2007, 04:13 PM
I've got my Lama V3 on the way however The dealer I bought it from didn't have a heck of a lot in relation to parts other than replacements for the stock parts. I'm wondering if it would be plausible to replace the canopy and the tail boom with one's that I've made myself?

RCGroups has a number of threads on this topic at least with respect to the Blade CX and CX2. The same methods would work I would think. Also Xtreme makes a book for the Lama V3. Jamie at boomtownhobbies.com carries it.

David

JasonJ
10-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Just get the Xtreme Sport conversion. I got it and I like it much better. It makes the Lama look more like a pod & boom style, and a bit less toy-ish. I think rc helis should either be true scale, or "fish heads" ( I saw that refernce on the scale rc heli site). It's about 50 bones. Plus, the Xtreme blades are a very worthy upgrade. They do not break, ever. The Xtreme motors are supposed to be good, but I am waiting until my stockers die first.

Here is a pic of my Lama with the Xtreme canopy/boom...

sledster
10-03-2007, 08:23 PM
thats a real nice setup ya got JasonJ, i got a lama v3 with the alumin. swash and head and mega power batteries. the lama is a real nice bird to learn how to fly. good luck with that lama, like i said nice setup i like it

davidnyuspri
10-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Yes, you can. Some people did that

http://www.china-magic3.com/galleries/HB-ESKY-LAMA-2-RC-Helicopter/DSC06454_resize.JPG (http://www.china-magic3.com/picture.php?cat=13&image_id=302)

Camp
10-08-2007, 10:59 AM
How did you mount your boom on that? I'm looking at doing the same thing using a CF arrow I found.

JasonJ
10-08-2007, 07:58 PM
How did you mount your boom on that? I'm looking at doing the same thing using a CF arrow I found.

It is a kit that replaces the stock tail, landing gear, and canopy. Google Xtreme and you will find the kits. Unless of course you were asking Davidnyuspri, then I can't help you much :) ....

jondbennett
10-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the in fo on BoomTownHobbies!
I have a llama v3, but I have avoided flying it in the basement
because I don't want to break the expensive and delecate
tail boom. The flixi boom looks perfect.
I ordered it, so I should have a basement
heli for the winter. I do orientation practice in the
basement during the winter.

I have found that if you practice nose-in with the heli
about 12 inches from your face you become very
precise in your movements!