PDA

View Full Version : Another stupid people story

Pages : [1] 2

warpspeed
10-10-2007, 12:24 AM
After work tonight I took the Swift to my usual spot for a few flights before it got dark. (Sorry guys, no crashes this time. I will admit however that I still suck.) Right as I'm packing to leave a guy pulls up a few spaces over and breaks out what looks to me like a Raptor 60 or 90.
Well, I ain't shy, so I mosied on over to check it out and introduced myself. "Guy" wasn't real friendly so I decided I'd just ooh and aah over his bird and take off. When I asked if it was a Raptor 90 he got a little defensive and said it was a "REAL helicopter, compared to that toy you're flying."

"That's a Century Swift 550, no more a toy than your Raptor" says I.

"Century sucks. You got ripped off. Shoulda bought a Raptor" says Mr. Stain.

My natural instinct was to introduce his teeth to my fist, but amazingly I was able to practice a little restraint and just told him to go f*** himself instead.(The wifey has managed to calm me down a little after all!)

Wasn't going to let him get off the hook that easily though. Instead of leaving I plopped down in the grass right next to his gear and stared, waiting for the show to begin.

Mr. Stain's heli must have been brand new and never broken in because it took the guy at least 20 minutes to get it started. I was about to leave when it finally fired up-and it promptly tipped over and destroyed a set of CF blades. I asked him if he'd ever flown a helicopter before, which just pissed him off even more and he went off on this rant about how he's flown planes for years and "this shouldn't be any different," then went on to comment that he "can fly a lot better than you."

That wouldn't surprise me. I already told you I suck.

But this guy was a NEWB! At that point I knew he was in for a surprise so I actually wasted another 20 minutes I'll never get back while he changed blades and went thru that ridiculous starting procedure again. What follows is PRICELESS....

Mr Stain steps back all of maybe 2 feet and hits the throttle. Gotta tell ya, those things have some SERIOUS power. His heli rose maybe 3 or 4 feet in the air while the blades were gaining momentum then shot to the left in a graceful arc that ended right on the hood of Mr. Stain's Lexus!!!!

I laughed my ass off all the way home.

Crelum
10-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Priceless !!!!:rolling
No doubt !!! LOL

Parrich_
10-10-2007, 12:51 AM
That must have been cool to watch LOL

Skiddz
10-10-2007, 01:01 AM
lol perfect!!!!

F1Atom
10-10-2007, 01:26 AM
Good story! Serves him right!

fogger
10-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Awesome. Talk about just begging for bad carma.

You never have a video camera when you need one...

-Fog

coolbreeze8
10-10-2007, 02:38 AM
:lol:

Dewey :smokin:

Windbreaker
10-10-2007, 03:50 AM
Maybe this guy learned that a little friendly humility goes a long way...

... NOT!

Great story. hehehe!

BarnOwl
10-10-2007, 03:52 AM
Great story! It always amazes me that people react so agressive/defensive. Maybe he was trying to hide his own imcompetence that way. Which is stupid because if he would have taken a different approach like: " He, you've got a heli too, how nice! I am only just beginning with heli's and I've got this brand new Raptor and I've got NO clue how to handle it, maybe you could give me some help"
......would have given a totally different scene.....:smokin:

raptorruss
10-10-2007, 05:16 AM
you gota love dont you.

Hulley
10-10-2007, 06:08 AM
Sweet justice! Its amazing what attitude can do to and for a person!

Shawn Behrens
10-10-2007, 07:47 AM
I almost feel bad for laughing as hard as I just did. People for the most part are idiots until they prove otherwise.

jeffk
10-10-2007, 08:28 AM
The dillhole deserved what he got. I still ask for help when I need it and I don't hesitate to do so. This mine-is-better-than-yours B.S. shows just how immature then dufus really was. I'd have laughed in his face and then offered him 5 bucks for his smashed Raptor.

What a tool.

WillJames
10-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Sometimes those guys are the ones who need tough love, but you have to be there to get them back up.

Spawndn72
10-10-2007, 08:32 AM
What strikes me as funny is that when the raptors first came out, people looked down there nose at them.

DebianDog
10-10-2007, 08:38 AM
You should have finished with:

"Mr. Stain, that's too bad about your car there. When your ready to learn how to fly, look us up at HeliFreak.com. Have a nice day."

WillJames
10-10-2007, 08:40 AM
HAHAHAHAH That aint right Dan! :whip

OHIOBOWHUNTER
10-10-2007, 09:24 AM
you gotta love stupid people like Mr. stain as they make us average people seem like total genius's:woohoo

warpspeed
10-10-2007, 10:00 AM
You should have finished with:

"Mr. Stain, that's too bad about your car there. When your ready to learn how to fly, look us up at HeliFreak.com. Have a nice day."

That did flash thru my mind but I don't think this guy was the type that would fit in here. Could be he was just having a bad day, but I get the feeling he was born to be a prick. Besides I almost choked on my own snot I was laughing so hard.

Once in a while people will stop to chat me up and even though I need all the concentration I can muster I'm always more than happy to answer their questions and show off my 'toys'. I understand you can't be friends with everybody but that kind of hostile attitude baffles me.

OKerbaul
10-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Don't want to think if there were kids standing near the Lexus...

Next thing you know is that newspapers would KILL our hobby next day. :arggg:

Ginvent
10-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Warpspeed did you get to fly your heli in front of him at all?

warpspeed
10-10-2007, 10:37 AM
At most he probably saw my lame attempt at auto'ing-it was a rough landing but at least it stayed on the skids. It would have been nice if I could have slapped in another pack and then performed a thrilling death-spiraling reverse piro hurricane with a twist-but alas, no pack, no mad 3d skilz. Nuts.

DDragon
10-10-2007, 10:41 AM
GOD what a great story.... what a jerk!

Oldboy
10-10-2007, 10:44 AM
What a loser, I couldnt agree more, I never understood that type of attitude.
Wonder why so much talk but so little walk.

Ginvent
10-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Wonder why so much talk but so little walk.

Maybe he has so little :banana